Do devs play their own game?

Are you happy with the current state of the game?

• Yes

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 90.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

If TW are so bad and don't listen to you, then maybe just give up already and leave the place? According to you lot, you've been complaining for years and nothing happened, then why bother continuing?
There are plenty of positive things in the picture here, but the focus is on what can be improved because that is in my opinion what the forums are for.. Just giving up is the cowards way out and its foolish to even suggest that because you know most of us care greatly about the game and its development.

Like what?
Well there are countless examples of things TW have done quite well and I do not intend to make a list, but one thing I personally like is the concept of siege, with the ladders, siege ladders and the way we as players interact with them. Now that cavalry has had a significant nerf we can finally enjoy some good siege time.

If TW are so bad and don't listen to you, then maybe just give up already and leave the place? According to you lot, you've been complaining for years and nothing happened, then why bother continuing?
Lmao stop trying to turn the tables, it just seems like your head is even more empty than expected. You said they listened to it implying that TW listens to their community and does something with it, people say that that is bonkers and you tell them to waggle off. Go home, drink some water instead of pure ****.

Well there are countless examples of things TW have done quite well and I do not intend to make a list, but one thing I personally like is the concept of siege, with the ladders, siege ladders and the way we as players interact with them. Now that cavalry has had a significant nerf we can finally enjoy some good siege time.
Alright then my message wasn't addressed to you, it was towards those who think that the game is in the same horrible state for a few years now. I will add though that they overdid it with cav nerf.

Lmao stop trying to turn the tables, it just seems like your head is even more empty than expected. You said they listened to it implying that TW listens to their community and does something with it, people say that that is bonkers and you tell them to waggle off. Go home, drink some water instead of pure ****.
So why are you still here if TW doesn't listen to you?

Alright then my message wasn't addressed to you, it was towards those who think that the game is in the same horrible state for a few years now. I will add though that they overdid it with cav nerf.

Yeah they overdid it with the 100% dmg boost to cav perk. Other than that let's agree that the perks in their entirety are a really bad idea.. We would have been better off with free equipment selection, but we are never going to get that in vanilla BL, we will need to wait for a mod that does it and all switch to that.

Nah they didnt overdo it with cav nerf. If you think they overdid it why are you still here?

TW wants game to be rock-paper-scissor. Take spear perk? Great! Did not take it? Sucks to be you! This is the only way for TW to promote their "interesting multi-spawn system" so you can feel good about binary choices.

Cav got big buff now anyway. Their horses are so tanky against archer fire it's silly. Why should I ever not go for the rider?

Other than that let's agree that the perks in their entirety are a really bad idea
Maybe the latest ones with passive bonuses, but overall I actually like the class system, it's pretty standard for multiplayer games. Equipment system was nice too, so yeah I think it'll be back with mods.

Nah they didnt overdo it with cav nerf. If you think they overdid it why are you still here?
Because they had overdone it before and it got fixed eventually.

Considering how the game has progressed since the start of the year, I'm ready to think that whatever imbalances exist in the game (i.e: things being obscenely overpowered, or underpowered to the point of unplayability) are intentional design decisions that TaleWorlds has put in place to fit their vision of how they think Bannerlord multiplayer should play.

2769bb63c2189100099eb52d1f8677ff.jpg

Covid has had a big impact on the dev team. That is always worth mentioning.
Also the game is great, I really enjoy it. The fact private servers and mods haven't even scratched the surface yet - there is ALOT to look foward too!

Happy gaming

No, I am not happy with the state of the game. Every time I launch it, I get about an hour in before I switched back to Warband for PoP or In the Name of Jerusalem.

Now it's not to say they don't have some sort of skeleton to work on—they clearly do, because a lot of what they have is in a great direction—but it's just lifeless at this point. Why should I care about the new engine, graphics and some small new features when the game doesn't have the charm that Warband did or perform poorly? The extensive feeling world, or the satisfaction of obliterating a lord? That's not to mention the lack of story, culture and character depth going on, or the countless and ever expanding list of bugs, missing features or broken features—like that of the siege ladder. Oh...and the atrocious AI.

Hopefully one day it will shine. I cannot rule that out, not after No Man's Sky made such a triumphant return and did so much for the game.

Covid has had a big impact on the dev team.

I don't know how it effected TW specifically, but my firm was and is producing as frequent patches and updates as we were before covid. Whilst it did have an effect, it was rather minimal once remote desktops were established and in-house tools could be accessed.

Maybe it was different for TW, but Turkey has been alot less restrictive on its covid protocols than the UK has been, and it hasn't really been that disruptive to my work or that of my companies. Granted backend software for oil companies and game development aren't identical, but I'd be surprised if there were significant enough differences that covid effected one much worse than the other.

Yes, I really doubt that Turkey has been harder on COVID protocols than the UK or the U.S, or many other countries. I could be wrong on that of course, but it's very, very unlikely COVID caused more than a few short months of problems. To blame their entire problem on COVID is a bit much.

Yes, I really doubt that Turkey has been harder on COVID protocols than the UK or the U.S, or many other countries. I could be wrong on that of course, but it's very, very unlikely COVID caused more than a few short months of problems. To blame their entire problem on COVID is a bit much.
mexxico complained about Covid being a significant factor as most of them stayed home.
Now imagine how a company that has lax work ethics already and low productivity, sends its employees to work from home. Their performance would hit new lows and very little will be done, because management lets it slide.
At least this means that now they are back in office, the holidays are over and more work is being done.

mexxico complained about Covid being a significant factor as most of them stayed home.
Now imagine how a company that has lax work ethics already and low productivity, sends its employees to work from home. Their performance would hit new lows and very little will be done, because management lets it slide.
At least this means that now they are back in office, the holidays are over and more work is being done.

Oh. I stand corrected. Well, at least one can hope it means more work being done at least. If they're still working majorly from home though, it might be even longer.

I hadn't taken work ethics and cultural norms into account, good point. I hear Turkey's wage for software development is pretty poor, and payments can be delayed for months or even years, leading to massive wage losses due to Turkey's horrific inflation rate.

It's a shame not all companies respect skilled and specialized employees, I've always found paying someone extra for that little more commitment cost-efficient long-term, compared to scraping as much revenue out of underpaid staff which is akin to pulling teeth, but that may be a observer bias.

Back
Top Bottom