Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're just stirring the pot, despite knowing TW could ask forum moderators to do that in an instant without any legal costs, if they cared to get down in the gutter with us.
That's how you know it's a joke! You just need to assume I'm not stupid.
Here's a suggestion for Roy how to avoid ending up in a Turkish prison - change the thread name to something seemingly innocent that rhymes (but is actually a hint to the real meaning), like "Bannerlord made Sargot drift".

I'm sorry. I can't (and won't) do that. Go back to your corner.
ks510hP.gif

Last edited:
Black's Law Dictionary for legal terms is used, as I understand dictionaries are rarely used -- and saying "The dictionary defines ____ as...." is seen as fairly unprofessional and somewhat patronizing, as you are assuming the jurors/people in the court don't understand the word.

I seriously doubt that. I don't think they have a case at all based on the fact not only is calling something a "grift" not a crime, but also because I strictly said it was not a scam, although as I mentioned, the argument for false advertising perhaps has merit to it (about a year = 2.25 years?). I'm not specifically making that argument in this thread, though.
They would only have to prove that it was;
  1. Designed to be disparaging.
  2. Could be considered defamatory.
As for black laws dictionary - the word 'Grift' does not appear to my knowledge. Much as I imagine many other insults also do not appear; I'm not certain that's a defence though.

Anyway - Taleworlds won't do it anyway. The brand damage it would cause wouldn't be worth whatever they could sue you for. Not in a million years do I genuinely believe that will happen... Still a fascinating topic though. Certainly something to think about.

Last edited:
Here's a suggestion for Roy how to avoid ending up in a Turkish prison
This line did genuinely make me laugh out loud - lol does not do it justice. I don’t know why I find that sentence so damn hilarious, I guess I never thought I would be reading someone’s advice to avoid imprisonment in Turkey. Good meme.

edit: after checking my email, and coming back to this thread one more time before going to bed - I am still laughing at this line. Truly a meme for the ages.

EXTRADITE ROY TO TURKEY!
Oh god, this is going to be a thing now isn’t it. Tomorrow I’m going to log on Persistent Kingdoms and see 60 people in a faction named “Ankara” And they will declare on the faction im in unless I am turned over. Despite being the clan leader, I have no doubt my subordinates will sell me down the river.

I really feel its beyond time this thread gets closed.
  • It's insulting to the developers.
  • It's borderline slander.
  • Any semblance of meaningful discussion long ago broke down. Now it's just a magnet for discontent.
Any of the recent topics of discussion in here should really be compartmentalised into separate and unique threads.

Don't worry, the developers don't watch any topic, and in the worst case Armagan doesn't care, he's had his money and he's showering in it that's all that matters for Electronic Taleworld Arts

This libel argument is just stupid, nobody's claiming any actual crime was committed. Using Axios' logic, quitting your job, and shouting "this company is a bunch of grifting liars" in the lobby makes you liable. As would saying "fossil fuel companies are killing the earth" at a protest. Practically half of what anyone negatively says about anyone or anything would qualify as defamation with Axios' ideas, meaning that there is no First Amendment. In order to have any real kind of defamation case, you need more specifics than simply charged insults like: "dirty scammers!" An example would be trying to claim that someone within TW is a rapist and point out who, or that TW is selling Bannerlord and then not actually granting the installable product. Saying "Bannerlord was a grift" and say that you mean that you feel deeply unsatisfied with TW's product is way too general to qualify as libel.

This libel argument is just stupid, nobody's claiming any actual crime was committed. Using Axios' logic, quitting your job, and shouting "this company is a bunch of grifting liars" in the lobby makes you liable. As would saying "fossil fuel companies are killing the earth" at a protest. Practically half of what anyone negatively says about anyone or anything would qualify as defamation with Axios' ideas, meaning that there is no First Amendment. In order to have any real kind of defamation case, you need more specifics than simply charged insults like: "dirty scammers!" An example would be trying to claim that someone within TW is a rapist and point out who, or that TW is selling Bannerlord and then not actually granting the installable product. Saying "Bannerlord was a grift" and say that you mean that you feel deeply unsatisfied with TW's product is way too general to qualify as libel.
Maybe Axios is interpreting american legislature as if he was in north korea?

They got me.
8D6B88A956D7153A052655849A77264D0F759E9B
:lol:

Any suggestion of a criminal offense could very easily be classed as defamation. The word grift literally means take money illicitly.

I recommend you check this link out;

Some of the examples given are very close to what has been happening here. People need to learn their own laws...

As I already pointed out though - the case (even if feasible) wouldn't be worth the time /money to pursue (which covers probably 99% of cases like this I imagine)

Last edited:
Any suggestion of a criminal offense could very easily be classed as defamation. The word grift literally means take money illicitly.

I recommend you check this link out;

Some of the examples given are very close to what has been happening here. People need to learn their own laws...
You have literally no idea what you are talking about and have made that pretty clear throughout these last few pages. Look, I don't know how you were educated, but here in America we have this thing called freedom of speech, and while there certainly are limitations to it, calling something a grift is not one of them. If it was, pedantic talk-show and news hosts would be suing each other into oblivion. You really do not have any idea what you are talking about.

You have literally no idea what you are talking about and have made that pretty clear throughout these last few pages. Look, I don't know how you were educated, but here in America we have this thing called freedom of speech, and while there certainly are limitations to it, calling something a grift is not one of them. If it was, pedantic talk-show and news hosts would be suing each other into oblivion. You really do not have any idea what you are talking about.
Freedom of speech doesn't cover accusations of criminal offence. We have been over this...

Your entire argument is based around the fact you don't know what the word Grift means...

Freedom of speech doesn't cover accusations of criminal offence. We have been over this...
And calling something a grift is not considered a criminal offence. As @Life_Erikson said, perhaps in North Korea. Is that where you're from?

And calling something a grift is not considered a criminal offence. As @Life_Erikson said, perhaps in North Korea. Is that where you're from?
A 'grift' is a criminal offence. Ergo calling a product a 'grift' is calling the sellers of that product criminals...

Learn English. Jesus christ....

Which bit do you not understand? The word 'Grift' or the word 'Crime.

As you don't read books or use Google - why don't you ask Alexa what those words mean.

A 'grift' is a criminal offence. Ergo calling a product a 'grift' is called the sellers of that product criminals...

Learn English. Jesus christ....
A grift is not a criminal offence. Please show me the law.

Here's an example I hope you will understand: two youtubers/streamers I watch are David Pakman and Sam Seder. They have called their political rivals, many of which hate them and would never speak to them (there was a funny instance regarding this recently), grifters. If referring to a person/company as a "Grift/grifters" was a crime, why have they not levied a thousand lawsuits for every time that those two have called them such? PragerU literally sued YouTube over them "censoring" their content, as dumb as that lawsuit was, it was still filed. If you actually think accusations of grifting is a legitimate lawsuit, why have they not filed such? Maybe because it isn't an actual offense lmao

Literally everyone is disagreeing with you. Have you thought that maybe, just maybe...when everyone is crazy and you're the only sane person who can see the truth and the light, maybe...you're the crazy one?

A grift is not a criminal offence. Please show me the law.

Here's an example I hope you will understand: two youtubers/streamers I watch are David Pakman and Sam Seder. They have called their political rivals, many of which hate them and would never speak to them (there was a funny instance regarding this recently), grifters. If referring to a person/company as a "Grift/grifters" was a crime, why have they not levied a thousand lawsuits for every time that those two have called them such? PragerU literally sued YouTube over them "censoring" their content, as dumb as that lawsuit was, it was still filed. If you actually think accusations of grifting is a legitimate lawsuit, why have they not filed such? Maybe because it isn't an actual offense lmao
It's not a crime. Its defamation- a civil offense. And yes they probably could refer to a lawyer in those cases. However politics has its own law and acceptable language separate from business.

The things certain US politicians say wouldn't be acceptable in an office environment.

This isn't hard.

Grift = Crime.
You accuse TW of Grift (crime).
You have committed potential defamation.

Which step are you stuck on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom