Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't affect you in the grand scheme. Close the computer, read a book, spend time with your family, go to the gym or shooting range.
Strongest argument ever in the whole internet. It´s like the mother of all arguments!

And yes, Bannerlord won´t affect the lives of most players I guess. So we should just close this forum I guess and all other gaming forums, there are more important things in life. Same goes for each forum about any hobby where some people complain about whatever.

All negative opinions should also be forbidden and banned.

Strongest argument ever in the whole internet. It´s like the mother of all arguments!
Ah passive-aggressive mockery, typical, should I call this "like the mother of all rebuttals"? I actually agree with a lot of what you write, I just don't care as much because I haven't followed TaleWorlds that long. I found out about Warband on accident playing Xbox on deployments.

I am being serious though, just go outside or at least take a break, and I'm not even saying it from a "haha incel u live in momma basement reeee" perspective - crouching in here and sniping people's replies and getting mad at the lack of progress will only have negative mental health impacts on you.

I am being serious though, just go outside or at least take a break, and I'm not even saying it from a "haha incel u live in momma basement reeee" perspective - crouching in here and sniping people's replies and getting mad at the lack of progress will only have negative mental health impacts on you.
Just see it this way:

We can have this one thread where we make jokes about TW and complain or you can have a few new created threads each week with complaints.

I mean, this thread won´t affect your live. Close the computer, read a book, spend time with your family, go to the gym or shooting range. :wink:

Just see it this way:

We can have this one thread where we make jokes about TW and complain or you can have a few new created threads each week with complaints.

I mean, this thread won´t affect your live. Close the computer, read a book, spend time with your family, go to the gym or shooting range. :wink:
Oh come on, now you're just dodging, you don't need to regurgitate my advice back to me. Seriously, 100s of posts and hours on here is nuts, the mods have already ****ed around with you - aren't you tired of that?

My post's point still stands, this thread is a grift, the OP is borderline deranged. It serves nothing more than to elicit response, it worked on me.

I do agree with your point though (see that?) that it's a central location. I was not advocating for it to be closed down, wouldn't make sense now.

Oh come on, now you're just dodging, you don't need to regurgitate my advice back to me. Seriously, 100s of posts and hours on here is nuts, the mods have already ****ed around with you - aren't you tired of that?

My post's point still stands, this thread is a grift, the OP is borderline deranged. It serves nothing more than to elicit response, it worked on me.

I do agree with your point though (see that?) that it's a central location. I was not advocating for it to be closed down, wouldn't make sense now.
I was banned for other reasons than complaining about the game. Had nothing to do with this thread. If complaning would have been the problem, then you would have like 50 users left here :wink:

And I´m not really dodging, just giving you your own medicine. I also don´t care if someone agrees or disagrees with my points, I´m just saying what I think.

Ah passive-aggressive mockery, typical, should I call this "like the mother of all rebuttals"? I actually agree with a lot of what you write, I just don't care as much because I haven't followed TaleWorlds that long. I found out about Warband on accident playing Xbox on deployments.

Ah passive-aggressive mockery, typical. We’re not getting mad at the lack of progress, we dont come here just to wind ourselves up.
Our entertainment lies in communicating in this community. Having discussions about gameplay mechanics, debates about gamecompanies or just straight spout nonsense; game-related.

I could take a break, wander outside and talk to a tree if I’d want, but although its a very wise tree, he has no computer and thus cant talk about Bannerlord. Which is a topic of interest. I like the game, I currently enjoy playing the game and although its buggy, I get through it with a smile.

But I also like these topics for their (mostly) clever remarks, heated arguments and different viewpoints.

But thank you. Thank you for your goodhearted advice. I will take orders/advice from anyone here on the interwebs, especially when its such kindhearted advice. So I will shut down my computer and never, ever look at it again.

Ah passive-aggressive mockery, typical. We’re not getting mad at the lack of progress, we dont come here just to wind ourselves up.
Our entertainment lies in communicating in this community. Having discussions about gameplay mechanics, debates about gamecompanies or just straight spout nonsense; game-related.

I could take a break, wander outside and talk to a tree if I’d want, but although its a very wise tree, he has no computer and thus cant talk about Bannerlord. Which is a topic of interest. I like the game, I currently enjoy playing the game and although its buggy, I get through it with a smile.

But I also like these topics for their (mostly) clever remarks, heated arguments and different viewpoints.

But thank you. Thank you for your goodhearted advice. I will take orders/advice from anyone here on the interwebs, especially when its such kindhearted advice. So I will shut down my computer and never, ever look at it again.
Stunning and brave.

(y) duly noted.
tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

? :wink:

Bannerlord Online, with a small dev team (pretty sure just that Russian guy) achieved not only co-op, but a massive MMO. TW said after 10 years of development co-op was impossible. That just shows they are either incompetent, unwilling or simply don't want to implement things the fans want. Which one doesn't really matter, all three are pretty pathetic.
BLO is very impressive but their method is not something a professional studio could use, the player to player desync is unacceptable for a paid product. TW could have changed their focus to make an MMO, or significantly redesigned the entire SP flow to fit with ~2 player coop, but they decided to stick with their simpler proven method of fully SP gameplay with quick match MP. And guess what, the platform they created was robust enough for a mostly lone modder to create a pseudo MMO, with other modders working on 2-player coop. So TW clearly made the right call there, didn't they?

Well, this thread is for whiners and complainers to air their thoughts. The fact that it's still going strong says a lot about the openness of the forum.
As I've said to multiple other people, do you want to voice your argument in favor of Bannerlord, or just withdraw to insults? Simple fact is you don't really have any good arguments in favor, so you just resort to doing the very whining you accuse others of.

Released a decade ago.... you mean when Warband was released?

What are you even talking about?
Bannerlord began development in 2010. I don't understand how you can't comprehend that we have been waiting since 2012, when it was announced? Even if it wasn't announced, we've been waiting since 2010-11 for the generic sequel to warband.

So we are arguing about something that should have happened but it turns out in another way? There are a lot of historical forums where such a discussion would fit better...

This here feels odd...
That's just incoherent. To say that you can't complain about the lack of speed on anything is absurd. For example: you order a pizza. They say the delivery will take 30 mins. It shows up 3 hours later. Then you complain and your mom says "Well, you're arguing about something that should have happened but it turns out in another way? There are a lot of historical forums where such a discussion would fit better..."

I really feel its beyond time this thread gets closed.
  • It's insulting to the developers.
  • It's borderline slander.
  • Any semblance of meaningful discussion long ago broke down. Now it's just a magnet for discontent.
Any of the recent topics of discussion in here should really be compartmentalised into separate and unique threads.
I will agree that it is slightly insulting to the developers, though is this entire forum an echo chamber for the developer's ego? It would be libel, not slander, but nothing that I have said is knowingly untrue. I think that we have meaningful discussion when people with actual arguments post, rather than "oh cry more if you dont like the game". Ie. Shakenspeare and I have had debates a few pages ago about the efficacy of the game without it being cancerous in the slightest.

Right; I was having a bit of a drinky last night, so I talked down to Roy, but that's the fricking point -- it sounds like crying from babies about not getting what they wanted when they wanted.

CAVEAT EMPTOR is more than a river in Egypt ~

What?

It sounds like you are disappointed and you feel ripped off.

Your feelings are not an argument. I'm attempting to miss your feelings on purpose.
I still do not see an argument. I've laid out why I believe Bannerlord was a grift and is not good, and you are still just flinging half-hearted insults. Still no point here.

Last edited:
I have to choose my words wisely because of reasons. My lawyers needs to proof read my post before I submit them. :fruity:
Ah, I understand perfectly. I see the situation perfectly.
765b7f12ada4b0e38538b6da151d86bb.jpeg
By comparison to some EA titles - Bannerlord is moving like a bullet-train.
fc711d8460761ca4ff9acb4c1ff973c0.jpg
This might actually be the most hilarious thing I've ever read concerning Bannerlord.
Close the computer, read a book, spend time with your family, go to the gym or shooting range.
Jokes on you, I already do all of these things.

You can always read MORE books and do MORE shootings!

I think that TW is doing the best they can do. We lost one dedicated dev (@mexxico ), press F! But his attitude won´t be forgotten!

We still have @Duh_TaleWorlds and he seems to replace his role. I mean, he is more active in this forum than any community "manager", @Callum @Dejan will ever be as it seems.

That´s the best thing we can expect. It may be not much, but it`s something! Also TW did some good stuff, they finally said, that their goal, to release the game will be delayed. Even if they still don´t care to adjust their EA description (they still claim in Q3/2021 that their game will be around in EA for one year after release), they are doing their best and still listen to us!

That´s more worth than the stuff they told us 1 year ago

That's just incoherent. To say that you can't complain about the lack of speed on anything is absurd. For example: you order a pizza. They say the delivery will take 30 mins. It shows up 3 hours later. Then you complain and your mom says "Well, you're arguing about something that should have happened but it turns out in another way? There are a lot of historical forums where such a discussion would fit better..."
First of, who say you can't, I'm not your mom.?.
2. You are right I would be complaining about 3 minutes before I think "well I can't change time and **** happens sometimes"(regarding your pizza statement)

This thread is from June and if you are still complaining about something/things in the past, well like I said, that just seems odd to me.

I mean you make your point clear when you opened this thread, don't you think it's time to move on? If you would use your effort at other places where you could actually achieve something, it would be better(personal opinion/exp). Or have you achieved something with this thread?

You can always read MORE books and do MORE shootings!
Don't phrase it like that! "Shootings". Jesus, I'm not mad-dogging and drilling out here!
I think that TW is doing the best they can do. We lost one dedicated dev (@mexxico ), press F! But his attitude won´t be forgotten!

We still have @Duh_TaleWorlds and he seems to replace his role. I mean, he is more active in this forum than any community "manager", @Callum @Dejan will ever be as it seems.

That´s the best thing we can expect. It may be not much, but it`s something! Also TW did some good stuff, they finally said, that their goal, to release the game will be delayed. Even if they still don´t care to adjust their EA description (they still claim in Q3/2021 that their game will be around in EA for one year after release), they are doing their best and still listen to us!

That´s more worth than the stuff they told us 1 year ago
I'm certain individual developers are doing the best they can do, the company as a team, and the leadership, however, I would say definitely not. I don't necessarily mind them extending the EA, I just hate this pace and hate the fact that they're not listening to the community and falling well short of our expectations. I'd agree that it's worth more than what they were saying a year ago.

2. You are right I would be complaining about 3 minutes before I think "well I can't change time and **** happens sometimes"(regarding your pizza statement)
Just because you can't change something doesn't mean you can't be angry about it/complain about it. I'm not going to be happy with the pizza company and you better believe I'm leaving a poor tip (if I bother to leave one at all). Hence with Taleworlds: they give us a poor/slow product, we are going to be angry and respond with our wallets.
This thread is from June and if you are still complaining about something/things in the past, well like I said, that just seems odd to me.
I don't see why the timestamp matters at all in this instance. The issue that it addressed is still ongoing, and after the piss-poor 1.6 update, it has even deepened. Just because something happened in the past doesn't mean that you can't address it now? Like, if you were trying to lose weight, and you said, "Well, I ate fast food every day for a month straight, but it happened in the past therefore I will not address it at all?" No, you'd try to counter-balance that by taking a few extra months to eat healthily, understanding your recent habits. I just don't understand why you hate the past and treat it like the plague.
I mean you make your point clear when you opened this thread, don't you think it's time to move on? If you would use your effort at other places where you could actually achieve something, it would be better(personal opinion/exp). Or have you achieved something with this thread?
I think that, because the issue is still ongoing, it's worthwhile to continue the thread. Also, I'm not the only one posting here? If it was 50 pages of me just replying to myself, that would be one thing, but people reply and have meaningful discussions. Then TW simps come along and don't bother arguing at all, just complaining that people are "whining". The thread will be up as long as people post, that's not within my control, I will admit its nice to see a thread made by me have a lot of people posting on it. However, I think the important thing is that I'm saying what we're all thinking, and the thread wouldn't be this long if my original message didn't resonate with a lot of people. As you'll see in the first few pages, it's "right on the money" "that's a good guess", etc. It wouldn't be a thing if people didn't believe it.

Does it help at least?

---
tl;dr = Make your Jira board (or alternative) public with ALL Issues, yes even the Bugs and Spikes, your code and product roadmap and commercial roadmap (consoles, mostly), and everything else is already open - what's stopping the product managers from radical transparency?

And as an aside, since I'm already ticking a few people off, may as well weigh in. I think I have in a similar vein somewhere else but I don't remember. Up front: I'm not a game dev, never have been, never will be. I've built software for security companies and as part of various security teams - mostly cloud-based ****: lots of Docker, K8s, Python, Go, Linux. I don't know C#/.NET or any of that Microsoft ****, but I do know what it's like being a stupid grunt SDE or DevOps engineer at the bottom of totem pole getting my cheeks clapped by product and project managers and sweaty SDE Managers who haven't wrote a line of code in 10 years.

I think those core, boots-on-the-ground developers we see participating here are definitely doing a good job. I know we don't get exposure to many of the developers, but the ones we do are very opinionated and open to feedback. No need to tag them, everyone knows who they are, and I think a special shoutout is due to graphics and 3D design folks who put in so much work into Scenes for them to be barely utilized. They're probably even lower on the totem pole, sucking hubcaps off of a rim while being shot at by PMs equipped with rifles (Someone get that reference, please). While I would love for them to actually put in **** we all want like just BASIC Warband stuff that was on the consoles: "Change weapons to blunt", "Go Attack THOSE ****ers over there", Manhunters, Alliances / Peace Treaties that mean something, etc.

All that to say (and the reason I mentioned my background) is it means that the middle management / product managers who are managing the roadmap and dependencies are dedicated to doing God knows what. I like the optimizations, I get having to do bug-fixes and expanding mod tools and localization, but what I do not get is we get these large "plans" and the Devs who take point on the areas will be willfully obtuse about features and we never get dates. We don't even gate a rank order. The CMs are doing the best they can, it's 2 of them to 1000+ Suggestions per quarter and everything else in the popular threads (Beta branch threads, Rebellion feedback, other trending threads in General/SP forums. That is my major issue. When I did work in product management with AWS we had a customer advisory group and a Slack channel that we would give updates on our roadmap. We had quarterly dates, and if things slipped or other features were being included, we would tell people. We had analysts and "customer success managers" curate requested features, we constantly forked in open source additions to our tool, and more. I mention that because I know for a FACT that building a giant global-scale security tool that ingests 10B (at the time) events a day across Commericial, China, Secret and GovCloud regions is MUCH harder and intensive that feedback on a video game, which writes itself.

The "point" in that wall of text is for the love of God and baklavas, at least give us a quarterly roadmap fully featured, Callum even teased "other" stuff was being developed. And from what we've seen of the "surprise" features is they SUCK. Like the taking -30 relationships for killing a Lord in battle, the inability to command your troops during the most crucial phase of EVERY historical battle (the rout), taking away banner pasting, expanding scenes but with nothing to do. Before, I was sympathetic to what a lot of the Devs and CMs were saying that they're damned-if-they-do-damned-if-they-don't and the easy solution is tell your engineering managers or product managers to externalize their Jira board or GitHub board publicly, and let people follow.

Even if I saw a major Issue in Jira continue to slide, I would be fine, because at least it's transparent (maybe a little annoyed if it's something I really want). The entire codebase is modifiable with DNSpy or other reversers, the mod tools and XML are always easily tooled with, and I am sure that someone has already reverse whatever server solution is used but I bet it would be Amazon Gamelift, or whatever the **** Google calls their services if not something similar. I guess I just don't get THAT upset because life is long, boring, and painful and I learned from the better part of a decade of my job being getting shot at that you need to let stuff go. Not that I don't sympathize, but it is a bit of fun prodding some of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom