Does Fief Treasury Affect Fief Trading?

Users who are viewing this thread

Fleebusia

Recruit
Does the Treasury amount of a Fief factor into it's trading value?

I'm quite bitter that despite fighting like a madman to reclaim Falconwaters, it was given to some newly appointed Dwaven shmuck that hasn't done anything noteworthy for our faction. Meanwhile, I was given Dailin castle, which I really don't care for at all. It's ugly, poorly constructed and the surrounding lands are dry and crusty.

I offered to trade castles but he said something along the lines of "I don't want to exchange a wealthy fief for one much poorer"

I'm now wondering how I go about increasing the worth of Dailin so that it might be considered a fair trade in the eyes of the lord of Falconwaters. Is it really as simple as loading the Treasury up before the exchange, or is there just a hard-limit for the value of fiefs as it relates to Fief trading?

If the former is true, then I won't hesitate to throw a few hundred thousand Aurums in to sweeten the deal.

No it's not. To make a fief get rich you need to upgrade it and its surrounding villages, keeping them safe from raiding or besieging. It's hard for Dailin to be richer than Falconwaters because it's near enemy border.

Ahh crud. I was afraid of that.

I wish there was a dialogue option to compensate with a cash payment or even add additional fiefs to the exchange.

I was unable to pull up a building report to see the existing infrastructure for Dailin. But there were no economic buildings available for construction. Not really sure what I can do at this point.

Thanks for the info on that.

Ahh crud. I was afraid of that.

I wish there was a dialogue option to compensate with a cash payment or even add additional fiefs to the exchange.
I might just be confused but I am sure I played a module years ago that had this very feature. It possible, it would be an appropriate addition to Perisno, with amount you have to pay being dependent on your persuasion skill and relationship with the lord you want to swap with.

I might just be confused but I am sure I played a module years ago that had this very feature. It possible, it would be an appropriate addition to Perisno, with amount you have to pay being dependent on your persuasion skill and relationship with the lord you want to swap with.

Yeah, that would be pretty sweet. Sounds like it would be quite difficult to implement into an existing mod. Certainly out of my reach I would say.

But I ended up moving on to another mod. This time trying out A new Dawn. Fingers crossed for this one. :smile:

The castle status releys on its village status. If the village is rich, the castle will be rich.

Sorry, I missed this reply. Yeah, that would make sense. I guess that means I would have to first trade another fief to gain control over Dailin's village in order to maximize it's prosperity.

Good for future reference. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom