Bandit Hideouts and Taverns - is more variety planned?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
So we have quite a lot of new unique village scenes now which is positive... but I was wondering if more scenes are planned for bandit hideouts and also for taverns?

I had always assumed that more tavern scenes must surely be planned ... because I know TW said they wanted to make each city unique?

Also, one of the more immersion-breaking things (for me) in any playthrough of Bannerlord is raiding the same hideout for the 95th time.

I don't expect a developer reply (but one would be greatly appreciated!)

Would they really be more fun though if they looked different? I think the entire mechanic is just not interresting enough to put work into creating new maps.

Would they really be more fun though if they looked different? I think the entire mechanic is just not interresting enough to put work into creating new maps.
Ah, I think it's ok. I mean what would you replace it with? I think it just needs work.

Personally, I think having more taverns and a reason to visit them is much more important though.

Different entry points to each type of Hideout that the game could pick at random might ease the monotony somewhat, spice things up a little. Surely can't be too difficult to add in.

So many scenes and I only visit a couple in my first game play, so many work wasted, we don't have nothing to do there.

Towns, villages, and hideouts are lifeless. Sorry but that's how I see them. I remember in the dev blogs discussion on how you could walk around and find quests and other things develop based on your conduct, your gear and other stuff. Looks like none of that made it in.

When I'm in a town scene or something, i just run straight to my point of interest and not look at random stuff. For me, I'd prefer these scenes to be useful in a practical way, rather than put a lot of work into visuals and aesthetics, for which i dont care much

When I'm in a town scene or something, i just run straight to my point of interest and not look at random stuff. For me, I'd prefer these scenes to be useful in a practical way, rather than put a lot of work into visuals and aesthetics, for which i dont care much
Oh sure, I mean I don't think anyone here wants just scenes without also having added functionality and purpose.

Ah, I think it's ok. I mean what would you replace it with? I think it just needs work.

Personally, I think having more taverns and a reason to visit them is much more important though.
I think hideouts need A LOT of work to actually get interresting.

I once made a thread were i suggest changes to how hideouts work. The thread even got featured in the Top singleplayer suggestions.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/sp-top-suggestions.409979/

Sadly it didn't get implemented despite lots of positive feedback. Seems to be to much work.
Here my thread.
(It got merged with another thread so it is really messed up... Replies to my Suggestion start on page two).
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/my-suggestion-to-make-hideouts-more-fun.405679/

I think hideouts need A LOT of work to actually get interresting.

I once made a thread were i suggest changes to how hideouts work. The thread even got featured in the Top singleplayer suggestions.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/my-suggestion-to-make-hideouts-more-fun.405679/
Sadly it didn't get implemented despite lots of positive feedback.
They did implement some of that. Overall I don't think bandit hideouts need much more other than new scenes.

Towns, villages, and hideouts are lifeless. Sorry but that's how I see them. I remember in the dev blogs discussion on how you could walk around and find quests and other things develop based on your conduct, your gear and other stuff. Looks like none of that made it in.
well, they had to put easy button to talk, since people were lazy to go around the town and they asked for easy ways to find quest, that's not their fault

Back
Top Bottom