This update absolutely sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

For the 200-300 people who still play Bannerlord MP let me tell you a cold hard truth - this game isn't made for us. It's made for the eventual players that will 'flood' in after release of the game. Us early access players are here to test. Guinea pigs if you want to class it as something. They've made their minds up about everything ages ago. Want a Call of Duty medieval game well, you've damn well got it!

No one here has wanted anything that Talewords have currently provided to them (Within the MP realm, SP I adore), have they listened to your complaints and suggestions? No.

Crushthroughs have been unanimously complained about, it took them more than 3 months to get rid of it, which I'm pretty sure is a pretty simple fix in the code. Why is it back now? Feels like a cheap option for beginners to get a win or a great gimmick for a tag line to their multiplayer final release trailer video.

We are just not willing to jump ship and play a different game, still hoping things will be the way WE want them to be. The vision they want has already been set in stone yet completely tarnished, great games are built within the early access phase thanks to community support/engagement, a willingness to listen to their hardcore playerbase and overall continual increase in population on the servers which is gained through social media platform engagement (I haven't seen a single mainstream Twitch/Youtube advocate for the current state).

I hope one day we can leave. Until then see you in Siege.

they could still have their cool captain mode to say "you see? we innovated!" and a good game at the same time..
But even that isn't an innovation.

They also seemed to have copied the approach for "realistic/clunky" combat that's mentioned here (at 12:13):

For the 200-300 people who still play Bannerlord MP let me tell you a cold hard truth - this game isn't made for us. It's made for the eventual players that will 'flood' in after release of the game. Us early access players are here to test. Guinea pigs if you want to class it as something. They've made their minds up about everything ages ago. Want a Call of Duty medieval game well, you've damn well got it!

No one here has wanted anything that Talewords have currently provided to them (Within the MP realm, SP I adore), have they listened to your complaints and suggestions? No.

Crushthroughs have been unanimously complained about, it took them more than 3 months to get rid of it, which I'm pretty sure is a pretty simple fix in the code. Why is it back now? Feels like a cheap option for beginners to get a win or a great gimmick for a tag line to their multiplayer final release trailer video.

We are just not willing to jump ship and play a different game, still hoping things will be the way WE want them to be. The vision they want has already been set in stone yet completely tarnished, great games are built within the early access phase thanks to community support/engagement, a willingness to listen to their hardcore playerbase and overall continual increase in population on the servers which is gained through social media platform engagement (I haven't seen a single mainstream Twitch/Youtube advocate for the current state).

I hope one day we can leave. Until then see you in Siege.
This is what a TW developer (who recently quit) had to say on the matter:

"I cannot defend weak communication of top but they are not scammers. Armagan is a good person I do not know why he does not prefer communication during EA but he is not a guy focused on making more money ... Money is something meaningless after some point. Reputation is more important ... In Warband he communicated players much and this yield with a higher ratio of end user happiness. However it is easy to do if you are indie company and if you have lots of energy, ambitions and dreams. After company grows you need to deal lots of other boring stuff so time remained to player communication reduces. This can reduce your product's gameplay. This can reduce happiness of community. In that point you should give some of your power to others and split responsibilities - however this is not done at TW. Also probably it seems ambition reduces after a success is gained - maybe related to human nature."

yea pretty suck, at this point to give any feed back it's just pointless. they have no clue and dont play their game

Because no one reads the class-specific balance threads, I feel like a lot of the nerfs for Brigand should be reverted. It's clear to me that TaleWorlds insists on having low-cost Sturgia units have the crippling downside of "Ragequit if you die as this unit", so maybe these changes should be put in place?

Brigand
Woodsplitter Axe replaced with Raider Axe
Sturgian Shortsword replaced with Raider Heavy Axe
Sturgian Throwing Axes (4) replaced with Fish Harpoon (6)
Ash Throwing Spear replaced with Ash Throwing Spear & Sturgian Throwing Axes (3)

Reason: Summarizing things would be an impossible task, so... Let's start off with the throwing weapons: The main weapon of a skirmisher.

Throwing axes are just godawful, being only able to deal less than 50 damage against unarmored units... on a headshot. At least in older versions of the game, the Northern Fish Harpoon is still a somewhat serviceable Javelin even if weaker than the default javelins used by other factions. That said, having the throwing axes be paired with the Ash Throwing Spear could still make them useful, being somewhat handy against peasant units while obviously making the Big Game Hunter perk be the worst option for people wanting to use throwing weapons.

And now for the melee weapons. The Woodsplitter axe just sucks. There's nothing else to say about it. And the Sturgian Short Sword isn't that much better. In fact, if you want to deal ranged weapon damage and still have a decent option for melee, you're better off spending the extra 10 gold to spawn as a Hunter with the Longbow and Round Shield, cuz you'll still have the same amount of armor, but you'll be able to engage in longer ranges AND have better melee weapons than both the Brigand's options (with that said, a Hunter v Ranger fight in melee is probably suicide for the former). Though if the weapon options for the Brigand shouldn't be "Axe" and "Better Axe", how about "Axe" and "One-handed Blunt Weapon" instead? Either way, there's no reason to spawn as the Brigand with the game's current balancing

Memes are the only way we can cope with all the bad decisions made so far.
5kh4ak.jpg

Because no one reads the class-specific balance threads, I feel like a lot of the nerfs for Brigand should be reverted. It's clear to me that TaleWorlds insists on having low-cost Sturgia units have the crippling downside of "Ragequit if you die as this unit", so maybe these changes should be put in place?

Brigand
Woodsplitter Axe replaced with Raider Axe
Sturgian Shortsword replaced with Raider Heavy Axe
Sturgian Throwing Axes (4) replaced with Fish Harpoon (6)
Ash Throwing Spear replaced with Ash Throwing Spear & Sturgian Throwing Axes (3)

Reason: Summarizing things would be an impossible task, so... Let's start off with the throwing weapons: The main weapon of a skirmisher.

Throwing axes are just godawful, being only able to deal less than 50 damage against unarmored units... on a headshot. At least in older versions of the game, the Northern Fish Harpoon is still a somewhat serviceable Javelin even if weaker than the default javelins used by other factions. That said, having the throwing axes be paired with the Ash Throwing Spear could still make them useful, being somewhat handy against peasant units while obviously making the Big Game Hunter perk be the worst option for people wanting to use throwing weapons.

And now for the melee weapons. The Woodsplitter axe just sucks. There's nothing else to say about it. And the Sturgian Short Sword isn't that much better. In fact, if you want to deal ranged weapon damage and still have a decent option for melee, you're better off spending the extra 10 gold to spawn as a Hunter with the Longbow and Round Shield, cuz you'll still have the same amount of armor, but you'll be able to engage in longer ranges AND have better melee weapons than both the Brigand's options (with that said, a Hunter v Ranger fight in melee is probably suicide for the former). Though if the weapon options for the Brigand shouldn't be "Axe" and "Better Axe", how about "Axe" and "One-handed Blunt Weapon" instead? Either way, there's no reason to spawn as the Brigand with the game's current balancing
brigands were one of the most overpowered classes in the game, literally busting sturgia on closed maps since it's impossible to destroy the economy unless you're flatly outskilled by the opponents or are just trolling you can't lose.

TL;DR 1.6.1
>go shock
>LMB, LMB, LMB
>if pushed, press S key if you cant bothered or simply unable to block
>ridiculous amounts of damage
>take cav breaker on empire to oneshot cav as well

For the cases of shocks: we're running circles, I for once don't like to get crushed through by some turbo-I am not allowed to say insults who randomly hits the LMB with overheads like a monkey. Last year everyone kinda tolerated and embraced this ****, but right now it is ridiculous that this **** is brought back. I thought I was dying inside when I was crushed through for full damage by Fiann (huehuehue) last year when crushthrough was big thing, but I dont think I actually want to spend thoughts on how busted this now is.

If money for shock runs out on VLA; you can go Peasant and loot your voulge als LoOtEr to regain earn ridiculous amounts of money. If you're not able to do that, consider gold farm in warm up.
You literally can't make this **** up.

Last edited:
brigands were one of the most overpowered classes in the game, literally busting sturgia on closed maps since it's impossible to destroy the economy unless you're flatly outskilled by the opponents or are just trolling you can't lose.
Brigands had to carry the worst faction in the game in earlier versions of Bannerlord. Berserker was "Savage but worse", Raider was okay if you took the Kontos and Hunter was probably the worst light archer in the game, I found. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the Warrior peasant really only serves to punish players who die as a low-cost sturgia unit, and the Sturgian Brigand's upsides felt like they were designed to compensate for the downside of the player being severely punished if they die as a Brigand without scoring a kill.

They're bad enough to the point where if that's your only option for spawning as them, you're better off ragequitting the game and TaleWorlds has shown no interest in making the Warrior a viable pick for late joiners. Meanwhile, the Imperial Recruit's a better skirmisher than the Sturgian Brigand, the Battanian Clan Warrior has a pretty strong mace, Rabble and Peasant Levy cost less than 100 points to spawn as and the Aserai Tribal Warrior got upgrades up the arse.

So yeah, I think the Brigand's nerfs need to be reverted if TaleWorlds insists on keeping the Sturgian peasant laughably bad compared to other peasant units.

I still consider the brigand quite useful, you can play him pocket spearman or with some throwing; you just have to play the class different (and ditch that useless axe for a better tool asap) and in competitive it is reliant on share from the other classes to make it useful (sword from varyag or axe from cav).

If you would like to buff this thing again like you suggested, the price needs to be adjusted to 120 though or it will be overkill again.

For the rest: I don't really consider the cav options bad at all. Raider has a good horse option and the Druzhinnik is from the damage potential as powerful as the other cavalry around. The Varyag is still a good option and has higher damage weapons at his disposal than most other factions, albeit the axe is a bit slow. Archer does the job fine for his price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom