Mercenaries (minor factions) - only a nuissance

Users who are viewing this thread

The idea of mercenaries is great , but the way it works at the moment is awful . In order to hire them you have to chase/find the leader on the map and pray it doesn't leave in 2 sec after joining . Since noone does that , enemies end up hiring all of them and fielding huge armies otherwise impossible for them to hire . It keeps dying kingdoms alive for no reason and it's overall a nuissance in the game , especially late game .

Prove me wrong .

I agree. Diplomacy mod lets you send messenger to any NPC in game, after some days time you meet them and can talk/hire. Hope that band-aid scratches your itch for now. There's also an Allegiance mod that rebalances loyalty and other stuff in new ways it seems, testing it now.

In order to hire them you have to chase/find the leader on the map and pray it doesn't leave in 2 sec after joining .
I really can't imagine that the current system is the system they intended. Like you say it makes no sense atm. I have two Clans under Contract right now but it was a complete pain to find them for requitement. For preventing them from leaving I leave them always in my army so - If I realize the notification that they left - I can pause and imminently talk to them to recruit again. But please, it can’t be the system they want it to be. There will come changes (or?).

The simple solution would be to take a look at Warband's system - there you had to make a contract for a particular period of time, during which, if you terminate the contract, you will face negative reaction and relationship penalties with all Kingdom's lords.

Something similar could've been made for Bannerlord too, so AI mercs would stay with their employer for a particular period of time and leave them only under some rare circumstances.

It keeps dying kingdoms alive for no reason and it's overall a nuissance in the game , especially late game .
Still? I though they were fixing this. I know it's been complained a lot before that no-land kingdoms hire all the mercs. I though TW was going to fix it. The AI should n't have enough money in a broken state, they don't do anything productive. Really they should become the manhunters and build up that way and stay out of war until they can take something.

I'm might be totally wrong but can't you hire enemy mercs if you just agree to pay them more?

Anyway, minor clans are cool but the broken AI hiring them too much should be changed.

I think using Kingdom decisions would be the best way to resolve this using existing Bannerlord infrastructure.

New Kingdom decisions - contract X company. Maybe Lords even get to vote on it (as they have to contribute towards the damned payment afterall).

Agreed it is a pain. The encyclopedia will tell you exactly where the leaders are though. So its only annoying not really game breaking.

I wish Minor factions would attempt to quell rebellions or perhaps have their own VERY SPECIALIZED home cities. Take a bigger role in the world.

Tree folk could have a complex robinhood-theme
Hidden Hand could be a dark trade city full of hookers and black jack.

things like that.

Back
Top Bottom