Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Has anybody noticed that the party menu is a little glitchy since 1.6.1?

I seem to be getting ghost clicks - particularly when I go to add/recruit a prisoner to my party... often I'll click on the recruit prisoner button, and then straight away it will add one of the remaining prisoners of that type to the left (release) column as if I've clicked the [<<] button...

Sometimes the same thing happens when I reorder my party - If I drag a unit type about, when I let go of it, one will get moved to the left column as if I've clicked the [<<] button to do so.
Cheap mice are well known for double clicks when you click once ..it's down to low battery. Replace the batteries. Cheap mice also don't have a turn off switch when not used, thus your batteries run down at night.

Invest in a better mouse.

I've noticed this too and I have a wired mouse and I haven't noticed any double clicks in other game AOE4 beta how scandalous of me :oops: I been playing.

Will the patch be released today? It's time for good news
That´s not how TWs communication works. They don´t say patch / feature X / whatever will be released at DD/MM/YY.

They only tell us (if were lucky and it´s full moon) when they don´t release anything at all like last week, that there will be no update or Callums message that the follow up post is delayed until further notice.

1.6.1 was only reased two weeks ago, so I guess we need to wait at least 2 more weeks for a small chance to get 1.6.2.

i noticed that too and i have a kinda expensive cable logitech
i think its the scroll wheel that moves them to the left
and what is annoying is when they are up for promotion and then get to the left and you move em back the promotion or the recruit button in case of prisoners is gone

Has anybody noticed that the party menu is a little glitchy since 1.6.1?

I seem to be getting ghost clicks - particularly when I go to add/recruit a prisoner to my party... often I'll click on the recruit prisoner button, and then straight away it will add one of the remaining prisoners of that type to the left (release) column as if I've clicked the [<<] button...

Sometimes the same thing happens when I reorder my party - If I drag a unit type about, when I let go of it, one will get moved to the left column as if I've clicked the [<<] button to do so.

I thought it was my mouse, so I tried different ones... I thought it was my computer, so I tried a different one... but same same.
It happens to me as well. I thought I was unintentionally rolling the mousewheel, which shifts guys left and right.

The new peace offers are nice, when you get a offer from an enemy kingdom its definitely a better deal, although nothing too drastic.

vZL4b.jpg
shHnz.jpg

Yep, they've already been doing that as well, when appropriate.
Tech support also handles the initial processing of the uploaded files.

The new peace offers are nice, when you get a offer from an enemy kingdom its definitely a better deal, although nothing too drastic.
It's due to the way a kingdom generates peace offers - they determine an offer that every clan on the other side would accept. Hence, when you offer peace, the offer satisfies all of their clans. If they offer peace, it satisfies all of yours.

Yep, they've already been doing that as well, when appropriate.
I am undone (probably). I got the impression that a lot of the performance problem posts are simply given troubleshooting steps and left to fend for themselves when nothing works. (Or even worse, players are told to go through tests for an issue that's widely reported and should have been caught by QA or devs, or could be easily reproduced in a five minute session on a dev build with cheats. But that's another topic.)

Having a browse through the issues where telemetry was suggested and obtained (despite a recurring issue with uploading that data, possibly due to size), there's slight evidence that anything was solved by someone analyzing the data and reporting back to the player "there's your problem!" or "**** we messed up, we will fix it pronto". *thumbs nose*

Most performance issues are not straight forward to identify or resolve. If you are worried about their prioritization, let me just note that all relevant teams (campaign, combat, multiplayer, UI, engine) have been and are working on a range of performance tasks. This will likely continue to be the case for some time still.

Campaign, for instance, is currently going over daily ticks and various getter functions. Those fixes are pending review & manual tests.

I have seen the blog about future plans. It's marvelous. Also, I saw the words "long term" and I don't like them. That means over a year. I prefer the word SOON™.

Last edited:
Most performance issues are not straight forward to identify or resolve. If you are worried about their prioritization, let me just note that all relevant teams (campaign, combat, multiplayer, UI, engine) have been and are working on a range of performance tasks. This will likely continue to be the case for some time still.

Campaign, for instance, is currently going over daily ticks and various getter functions. Those fixes are pending review & manual tests.
While I appreciate your professional responses, I won't believe it until I see it. I'm coming over there since you are all in office now and properly vaxxed. I'll knock four times so you know it's me and not someone trying to refund the game or demand custom servers.

While I appreciate your professional responses, I won't believe it until I see it. I'm coming over there since you are all in office now and properly vaxxed. I'll knock four times so you know it's me and not someone trying to refund the game or demand custom servers.
if you are not a student or worker there, it would be hard for you to enter the school.

@Duh_TaleWorlds @Callum
Will you guys ever add bandits attacking villages? I miss that from Warband. Nothing like watching a large group of bandits storm a village and using our own troops alongside the peasants of the village to fend them off. It was tense in early game. Wish we had that in Bannerlord.

Will you guys ever add bandits attacking villages? I miss that from Warband. Nothing like watching a large group of bandits storm a village and using our own troops alongside the peasants of the village to fend them off. It was tense in early game. Wish we had that in Bannerlord.
Do you mean an "infested" state that a player would interact with from the village menu / village elder to initiate a fight with a bunch of bandits in the village scene?

the deserters and to an extend the poacher quest does this me thinks
but generally more interaction with your "subjects" would be great.

then after the latest future of the game dev note i think more is on the way, i´ll wait and see

Edit : please let me take command if i fight along side with the village people or if i help an caravan
i hate it when they running enthusiastically to their death

Do you mean an "infested" state that a player would interact with from the village menu / village elder to initiate a fight with a bunch of bandits in the village scene?
Could be either one of those, I guess:

Could be either one of those, I guess:
It sounded like the suggestion was more in the direction of some sort of general sandbox simulation of bandits attacking villages rather than a quest. It would certainly be possible to have issue quests similar to these in Bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom