Smithing - Is the player supposed to easily get +5 millions before day 500?

Users who are viewing this thread

Leveling Rebalance is a mod that has an optional download that reduces the high costs i/r/t equipment buying from town etc.

Give it a shot.

Yes, I knot this mod and it is great, thanks. On the other hand, it does not fix smithing prices and I am still getting 200K for completing high-level orders. Would be great if this mod also addresses this.

Talking again about equipment prices, I really would like to know the reasoning behind keeping equipment so much expensive in the game. equipment used by troops should not cost more than 40-50K as much.

Smithing breaks the economy as it is at the moment but a really easy solution to this is just.... don't sell your weapons or do crafting orders right now. It's not working as it should and makes the game unenjoyable, try playing without selling the weapons and you'll have a lot more fun. You can and should still become a master smith for three reasons. 1) Easiest skill to max in the game, giving you boatloads of focus points for other skills. 2) You should still craft a few weapons for yourself, they are the best in the game. 3) Smithing along with Athletics are the only skills in the game that actually give you Attribute points as perks. That's reason enough to level them at least until you get the free Attribute points which are hands down the best perks in the game. To maximize the efficiency of this, it's important that you never put more than 8 points into Endurance. You get one point from Smithing, and one from Athletics. I believe both skills have two perks that give Attribute points so once you reach both of those you end up with 4 free Attribute points, which are the ones you only gain every 4 levels. I don't need to say how amazing that is. You can also get a free focus point for Throwing in the Athletics tree after the Attribute points perks. Athletics takes awhile to level but you can just get smithing maxed out at 9 Endurance until you hit the 10th point in the Athletics perk.

Last edited:
Smithing breaks the economy as it is at the moment
Oh it does NOT! it's BORING and may ruin your gameplay experience if you spend too much time doing it. It may trivialize the management aspect of the game too. It doesn't ruin the economy though. You may enable yourself to have enough money impact the food economy of an area at a time by just buying and hoarding it all, but beyond that it doesn't do anything to make and sell weapons'.
You should still craft a few weapons for yourself, they are the best in the game.
Long glaive 1 hit KO's with zero skill.
Smithing along with Athletics are the only skills in the game that actually give you Attribute points as perks.
Oh BOY more attributes, all I have to do is look at a smithing menu screen for hours and hours and waste campaign time resting. Nope, I'm pretty good on the 8 attributes gain by getting to 32, that's plenty.
To maximize the efficiency of this, it's important that you never put more than 8 points into Endurance.
You should probably not put more then 3-5 attributes into endurance. I mean you're spending attributes points so you can gain attribute points?
Either 3 for mounted patrols or 5 for the mount buff perk, other stuff is blaaaaaaaaah

“Smithing breaks the economy”

I suppose he is talking about smithing breaks economy because it is too OP for the player and anything else feels pointless once you can get like 50-100k average per day with smithing.

... I find the forge balance to be quite good on 1.6.0 compared to 1.5.8. In 1 years in the game, I am only level 50 in forge and no element exceeding tier 3. Do you spend all your time in the forge? you put 5 points in forge? I spend my time replenishing the granaries of cities after the sieges suffered by my faction.

Last edited:
Oh it does NOT! it's BORING and may ruin your gameplay experience if you spend too much time doing it. It may trivialize the management aspect of the game too. It doesn't ruin the economy though. You may enable yourself to have enough money impact the food economy of an area at a time by just buying and hoarding it all, but beyond that it doesn't do anything to make and sell weapons'.

Long glaive 1 hit KO's with zero skill.

Oh BOY more attributes, all I have to do is look at a smithing menu screen for hours and hours and waste campaign time resting. Nope, I'm pretty good on the 8 attributes gain by getting to 32, that's plenty.

You should probably not put more then 3-5 attributes into endurance. I mean you're spending attributes points so you can gain attribute points?
Either 3 for mounted patrols or 5 for the mount buff perk, other stuff is blaaaaaaaaah
Ananda if you do smithing properly it should take you about 30-45 minutes to get from 0 skill to 316 with 9 Endurance. Once you get the last End point in Agility that last little bit will probably take 10-15 minutes. The reason you do this is because you're getting not only Endurance attributes, but Vigor and Control attributes from these skill trees. This means you don't have to waste attribute points on weapon skills and can use them for social and intelligence which are FAR more useful. Smithing for money though is disgustingly OP and nobody can really defend the ability to smelt down items that are worth like 1k denars and then remake those into items worth 50k+. The reason I don't sell the weapons is it makes the game too easy and you end up ignoring all of the other methods to gain income which is mostly capturing fiefs and running them properly.

The reason I don't sell the weapons is it makes the game too easy and you end up ignoring all of the other methods to gain income which is mostly capturing fiefs and running them properly.
Psssst: you can't really gain income from running fiefs; not ones you want to keep

I've got a sick, disgusting amount of hours in Bannerlord. And I have entered the Smithy exactly one time, by misclick.

If you like smithing, great. It's by far the best profit center in the game.................... except for killing huge armies and selling their loot.

Which is much more satisfying to some people.

Psssst: you can't really gain income from running fiefs; not ones you want to keep

I've got a sick, disgusting amount of hours in Bannerlord. And I have entered the Smithy exactly one time, by misclick.

If you like smithing, great. It's by far the best profit center in the game.................... except for killing huge armies and selling their loot.

Which is much more satisfying to some people.
You most certainly can make money from fiefs. In my current campaign I make around 8k daily with my fiefs income and this is after party wages/garrison wages etc.

9 Endurance
The reason you do this is because you're getting not only Endurance attributes, but Vigor and Control attributes from these skill trees.
So spent 4 attributes so I can gain 2 or 3(unlikely) attributes all in places I don't need, that don't benefit me. That's bad. Bad build.
This means you don't have to waste attribute points on weapon skills and can use them for social and intelligence which are FAR more useful.
I don't waste them on those anyways. If you like to power level smithing then good for you, but I'm not accepting the mental gymnastics to say that it is good for building your character at all. Just put the points where you need them and PROGRESS IN THE GAME and you'll raise the skills you want sooner in the game and get to use them longer before you die.

So spent 4 attributes so I can gain 2 or 3(unlikely) attributes all in places I don't need, that don't benefit me. That's bad. Bad build.

I don't waste them on those anyways. If you like to power level smithing then good for you, but I'm not accepting the mental gymnastics to say that it is good for building your character at all. Just put the points where you need them and PROGRESS IN THE GAME and you'll raise the skills you want sooner in the game and get to use them longer before you die.
Ananda, you realize by getting smithing to max you're basically farming ALL of the focus points you need for every other beneficial skill in the game. I mean if you want to commit mental gymnastics to try and prove that getting 4 free Attribute points in a game that gives you one every 4 levels isn't a good build that's on you man. Considering they just increased the main quest line timer anyways time should not be a factor for you. I had enough time in my current campaign to not only level smithing, but run around and do quests just about everywhere to actually farm the character traits you can get and it has been nothing but beneficial in my current run. It's pretty easy to convince lords to join you when you have level 2 of two positive traits, level 1 of another, and your charm skill is 225. You should be putting points into riding or athletics in your campaigns anyways, and having high End means you can afford to not waste focus points in those trees.

getting smithing to max you're basically farming ALL of the focus points you need for every other beneficial skill in the game
Have you tried shooting things from horseback? That also gets you "all the FP you need" and money and progresses the game.
mental gymnastics to try and prove that getting 4 free Attribute points
I don't have to because it doesn't give any FREE attributes, it gives them in particular ones that I don't are useful enough to want on my character.
It's pretty easy to convince lords to join you when you have level 2 of two positive traits, level 1 of another, and your charm skill is 225.
They care a lot more about the power of your faction and the crappyness of thier own situation(fiefs, money, faction). Please don't perpetual the lie that "high charm and relation is all you need to get vassals", that not so and every single ****ing day somebody needs help because they can't any vassals and don't know why because they listened to some stupid advice.
having high End means you can afford to not waste focus points in those trees.
No, do you know what hard caps are? You need to spend you attributes to reach the perks you want. Thinking "I won't spend FP because I spent attributes" is completely backwards. I know I'm sounding mean but I just think you don't know how to build a character and your advice is all really bad.

>>>they just increased the main quest line timer anyways
>main quest line timer
>main quest

your advice is all really bad.

Have you tried shooting things from horseback? That also gets you "all the FP you need" and money and progresses the game.

I don't have to because it doesn't give any FREE attributes, it gives them in particular ones that I don't are useful enough to want on my character.

They care a lot more about the power of your faction and the crappyness of thier own situation(fiefs, money, faction). Please don't perpetual the lie that "high charm and relation is all you need to get vassals", that not so and every single ****ing day somebody needs help because they can't any vassals and don't know why because they listened to some stupid advice.

No, do you know what hard caps are? You need to spend you attributes to reach the perks you want. Thinking "I won't spend FP because I spent attributes" is completely backwards. I know I'm sounding mean but I just think you don't know how to build a character and your advice is all really bad.

>>>they just increased the main quest line timer anyways
>main quest line timer
>main quest

your advice is all really bad.
I'm starting to wonder if you have ever actually played this game. So far to you the useless skill trees are Smithing, Athletics, and Riding so what exactly do you even spend points into? I'm 100% positive that my endgame character will be both a higher level and more powerful than any character you create so please tell me more about my bad advice. I'm also not talking about relations and Charm but of course you didn't understand that, because you don't play the game. I'm talking about the Trait system, Honourable, Merciful, Generous, and the respective negatives of those as well as the benefits of having level 2 traits. Go reach your max level at 33 while I easily surpass that in the endgame.

So far to you the useless skill trees are Smithing, Athletics, and Riding so what exactly do you even spend points into?
I actually only say that investing to 9 endurance is bad and that attributes should be spent to reach certain perks that you want.
riding to 225 is important to me(mounted patrols), riding to 250 is good too. more then that doesn't really give much benefit, it's over kill.
Athletics is a "might as well skill" because I have 5 endurance I will put some points in, but I have no intention of going out of my way to raise it... of course when killing entire towns on foot it gets up there alright. Smithing is useless because I make lots of money from warfare and have the best weapons in the game by day 30 already. My current favorite build is like 10 cunning, 5 endurance, 5 Soc and 2 everywhere else, however I often swap Soc for control in some games. My main point is to get keen sight, mounted patrols and uncanny insight on my character. Leadership perks are nice, but if I don't become a vassal early (or ever) I skip it and invest in control, although I have come to feel control for bow is overkill and 200 skill is enough.

I'm also not talking about relations and Charm but of course you didn't understand that,
I understand what you said, but it goes into the derp dumpster because the ease of passing the dialogue check is a non-issue. The issue people have is getting the check in the first place and not understanding how to do so, which traits won't help.
I'm 100% positive that my endgame character will be both a higher level and more powerful than any character you create
My characters are built to achieve goals not for any arbitrary number on a screen.

My idea about the smithing problem is if they just reduce the price of crafted weapons for about 70-80%.
This simple fix is going to improve smithing a lot in my opinion.
At least for the time being until they find a proper way to deal with this problem

Last edited:
A quick question, are you playing on maximum difficulty? Because in maximum difficulty, even in 10 hours of play, I have no characteristics exceeding 100 points ... I play merchants and my trade level is 98 with 5 points in the trade ... yet I sell a lot and with profits x2 or x3 ...
I can melt 15 swords and not have a single smithy item unlock .... I craft 10 two-handed swords, but no item unlocks.

A quick question, are you playing on maximum difficulty? Because in maximum difficulty, even in 10 hours of play, I have no characteristics exceeding 100 points ... I play merchants and my trade level is 98 with 5 points in the trade ... yet I sell a lot and with profits x2 or x3 ...
I can melt 15 swords and not have a single smithy item unlock .... I craft 10 two-handed swords, but no item unlocks.
Yeah the grind is real in this game it becomes very apparent pretty quickly.

I've said many times random unlocks for parts in smithing has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever seen in any rpg. Sometimes I think someone at TW must have a h@rdon for rng because this game has far too much.

I don't think general difficulty has anything to do with it, it's the value of the items vs the number of unlocks you have. At some point smithing low level items will not unlock further. You need to forge items with high level components to progress. This has happened to me a few times. My character gets to70 or so smithing and never unlocks a high level item. There is then no way to progress easily. You could grind refining to get to a very high level and hope that a smithing order will eventually get you a good unlock but I usually just stop and make a new character when that happens.

Back
Top Bottom