Version number
e1.6.1.278033
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Dabos37

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Summary: Once the king is dead, the election for the new king is always for the richest clan.
How to Reproduce: Kill the current king using console commands, and as long as you have more money than other clan members, you are usually going to be elected as king. Even if clan tier and power are much lower, or if you have not any fief, or if you have joined the kingdom just one day ago.
Have you used cheats and if so which: In my current playthrough I did not use cheats, Unqid died in a battle, but you are going to have to use cheats to kill Unqid using console commands if you want to reproduce it.

Keep in mind that it is not new and it has been always the case. I am just reporting this now because I have time and I am reporting all the bugs/issues I have detected some time ago. Thanks!

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hi MArdA,

I have just uploaded the save game as requested.

File Name: Ironman_1a43e071e1f2.sav
Description: Money is all that matters when electing a new king

How to reproduce it:
1- Talk with Unqid (he is close to the main character after loading the save game) and ask him to join Aserai as vassal.
2- Kill Unqid using cheats or kill him in the way you prefer.
3- Check how the player is elected as king with 100% support just for having 1.5 millions.

Hi MArdA,

I have just uploaded the save game as requested.

File Name: Ironman_1a43e071e1f2.sav
Description: Money is all that matters when electing a new king

How to reproduce it:
1- Talk with Unqid (he is close to the main character after loading the save game) and ask him to join Aserai as vassal.
2- Kill Unqid using cheats or kill him in the way you prefer.
3- Check how the player is elected as king with 100% support just for having 1.5 millions.
But are you 100% sure of that.

How is your relations with the other lords in the faction.

Typically the other lords have enemies within their own faction, but the player dont.
Thus most will vote for you, even if your de facto a "nobody" at the time(I personally think that the election should take place with clan tier 5 or higher at the minimum only(to prevent just that you can get it superearly on cause well lets face it Lucon is very old at the start, and typically dies within 1-5 years for example).

But are you 100% sure of that.

How is your relations with the other lords in the faction.

Typically the other lords have enemies within their own faction, but the player dont.
Thus most will vote for you, even if your de facto a "nobody" at the time(I personally think that the election should take place with clan tier 5 or higher at the minimum only(to prevent just that you can get it superearly on cause well lets face it Lucon is very old at the start, and typically dies within 1-5 years for example).
No relationship with other lords aside from one or two clans. I was playing a merchant campaign and spend 99% of the time just trading.

No relationship with other lords aside from one or two clans. I was playing a merchant campaign and spend 99% of the time just trading.
Ok, I typically get it later on, when they die of old age, but I've also been the wealthies no doubt + I have super good relations with all the lords in the realm(either by giveing them money, or donating prisoners + in 1.61 doing missions for them also have an effect (revenue farming is win win, good relations with lord and village if you spare'em(or you can bleed'em dry).

Ok, I typically get it later on, when they die of old age, but I've also been the wealthies no doubt + I have super good relations with all the lords in the realm(either by giveing them money, or donating prisoners + in 1.61 doing missions for them also have an effect (revenue farming is win win, good relations with lord and village if you spare'em(or you can bleed'em dry).
I can confirm that is only the money who count, who is the next ruler.

You can test it, by going to a clan leader give him 1.5 millions or more and wait for the current ruler to die.
Mostly the lord who you gave high amount of money will become the ruler.

Even he is only a tier 1 clan.

They should make it so renown, tier of a clan and the military power should have more weight then money.

QA confirmed that the reason why the player clan is selected because that clan is the most powerful/rich clan. There is not any bugs on this.

My clan is not the most powerful. My clan is tier 5 and total strength is considerably lower than the current ruler clan. Maybe it is something related to the player having much more money than other AI clans, so clan strength gets simply outshined by the money. Keep in mind that the player is always getting tons of money easily, but this is something related to balancing issues rather than a bug.

Thank you for the information.

@MArdA TaleWorlds, it was confirmed this is the reason, but should it be? I think what people are saying is that renown, relation with other clans, etc, should be the reason a new leader is elected. Can this thread be moved to the suggestion area to get it changed?

@MArdA TaleWorlds, it was confirmed this is the reason, but should it be? I think what people are saying is that renown, relation with other clans, etc, should be the reason a new leader is elected. Can this thread be moved to the suggestion area to get it changed?
The team is already discussing internally this issue in particular. We don't want to move topics out of the technical support board because this thread is linked to a ticket in our system, even though it is rejected. I would be more than happy to forward the link if you have a suggestion topic to the team.

Back
Top Bottom