Estimated release is now Q2/2022

Users who are viewing this thread

You've been around long enough to know they almost never give official ETAs for anything. Hell, we went like four years without a release date.
True but I still had some little hope left for the future that they might change that attitude.

I would even be a little bit happy if they would say what feature they might release next not even when.

True but I still had some little hope left for the future that they might change that attitude.
Why would they change that attitude? They get **** from people whenever a patch is delayed. There is literally zero reward for them talking about features early.
I would even be a little bit happy if they would say what feature they might release next not even when.
That's what the dev update is, yeah?

You understand the game was announced in 2012 which means it was probably in started preproduction months before that so it's been in development for at least 9 years. The pace isn't slow, it's ****ing glacial. There are mmo's that have taken half that time to develop.
I actually it was announced in 2012 because of copyright issues with paradox. They started pre-production after that year. Currently, this version of the game is in development for 4 years. This is at least 3rd version of the game. They completely erased other versions (maybe not completely but some big part of the game). They still poorly managed the development (organization stuff).

Why would they change that attitude? They get **** from people whenever a patch is delayed. There is literally zero reward for them talking about features early.

That's what the dev update is, yeah?
Hmm which feature do we get next? Regions, make companions into nobles, banners / battle order system? Siege fix? Not sure for me.

Maybe I haven´t noticed it but it only says what we´ll get but not which feature might be the next one with 1.6.2. And we we´re also aware about all of that or?

The only news for me is the delayed release date, what I already expected and the make companions into nobles feature, which should have been in the game already like in Warband.

I´m not into MP, I haven´t read the stuff about MP.

Hmm which feature do we get next? Regions, make companions into nobles, banners / battle order system? Siege fix? Not sure for me.
Maybe we'll get some much needed improvements to the armor formula aswell, nothing official for now but they have talked about sending feedback to the team about it a few times in topics about the uselessness of armor and Philozoraptor from Realistic Battle mod recently said he started to "communicate" with the devs.

Hopefully we'll get something from this, people have been complaining about armors since the closed beta.

Maybe we'll get some much needed improvements to the armor formula aswell, nothing official for now but they have talked about sending feedback to the team about it a few times in topics about the uselessness of armor and Philozoraptor from Realistic Battle mod recently said he started to "communicate" with the devs.

Hopefully we'll get something from this, people have been complaining about armors since the closed beta.
There is a mention of improving armor balancing in the official announcement.

That´s of course also good to know. But as long as the realistic battle mod team is as fast as they are not the most important stuff. It´s also a little bit weird that they took so long to notice that there are issues with their armor system, but better late than never I guess.

I don't mind the game being in early access for a long period. They should take their time with this game. Make it good before releasing it to the wolves.
What are they taking their time with? Certainly doesn't seem to be so with Bannerlord since there is virtually no meaningful progress happening. Yes I could support the devs taking their time with development, but that would require them to actually develop the game in some direction. Taking several months to add some bug fixes and two armor pieces can't be called "progress".
Also, they should've started making said progress at least about 4 years ago but... ?‍♂️

At least now we are sure that full release will not happen in Q4 2021 ?
For me it seems like a fair statement from TW with some interesting addition to come.
  • Granting of Peerage to Companions (combining it with distinguished service mod is just so promising)
  • Order of Battle (looking forward to it)
  • Party Templates (more variety is always welcome)
  • Cut Scenes (good for immersion, but I guess some players will request to be able to skip them)
  • Sally Out Mission (good but not sure why it takes so long to release that one though)
  • Claimant Quests (not my first interest but it is a claimed one by the RP players)
Let's see how they make it all run together...
Nothing regarding Criminal empire though...

• Party Templates (more variety is always welcome)
I´m not a modder but isn´t this just some XML stuff? Like creating some templates that AI lords will use for recruiting / upgrading troops? At least to me it doesn´t sound like this should take a lof work to add it to the game, I could be wrong though.

Criminal empire stuff was scrapped a long time ago as far as I know. Even before EA release.

I am Happy over every new feature in the game even if it's only a "Warband" feature. The problem is it won't change the meaningless of the game. The game doesn't lack at war, fighting, sieging and other stuff. It lacks at important things to give you the immersive feeling of a Lord in this times. There is no real interaction with your family members, no diplomacy, no real friendship with other npcs, no real weddings, nothing to do except fighting, no real conversations. At the time it's just a battlefield simulator with some extras, nothing more.

I´m not a modder but isn´t this just some XML stuff? Like creating some templates that AI lords will use for recruiting / upgrading troops? At least to me it doesn´t sound like this should take a lof work to add it to the game, I could be wrong though.

Criminal empire stuff was scrapped a long time ago as far as I know. Even before EA release.
I gonna admit it may be "only" XML stuff but still a bunch of work and balance.
For the criminal empire, BL steam page description is clearly mentioning about it:
Bombard mountain fastnesses with siege engines, establish secret criminal empires in the back alleys of cities, or charge into the thick of chaotic battles in your quest for power.

The steam page also still says that this game will be in EA for around a year. But of course you could still argue that 2,5 years is still something around 1 year.

That´s not worth anything. I don´t expect any improvement to the bandit gameplay which is non existent at the moment.

:wink:

I am Happy over every new feature in the game even if it's only a "Warband" feature. The problem is it won't change the meaningless of the game. The game doesn't lack at war, fighting, sieging and other stuff. It lacks at important things to give you the immersive feeling of a Lord in this times. There is no real interaction with your family members, no diplomacy, no real friendship with other npcs, no real weddings, nothing to do except fighting, no real conversations. At the time it's just a battlefield simulator with some extras, nothing more.
I have a question....never mind

Another 6-month bumpback, with a near guarantee that it will be delayed even longer than that. They left just enough plausible deniability in there to use as a scapegoat when they fail to deliver, yet again. How pathetic.

Another 6-month bumpback,
8 months (April 2022) is the earliest release date, could also be 11 months. But I don´t think that this even matters that much. What does matter if they´ll delay it again in the future. But we won´t know that until Q1/Q2 2022.

Of course they could be even faster and be finished in Q1/2022, but come on, does anyone really believe this? :grin:

Last edited:
8 months (April 2022) would be the earliest release date, could also be 11 months. But I don´t think that even doesn´t matter that much. What does matter if they´ll delay it again in the future. But we won´t know that until Q1/Q2 2022.
They mentioned they planned to release it in Q4 2021, however, based on them releasing it in December (as I'm sure they would, they need all that time in the world after all!), June (which, again, I'm sure they will push the envelope to the very least) is 6 months from then, that's what I meant by a 6 month bumpback, not from today. Not that we don't deserve it today, just based on TW's own clownery.

Back
Top Bottom