Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't judge too hard because it's your first post in a while, but how do you end up calling the game trash in an attempt to agree with us, but then insult us anyway in the same sentence?

No offense but you need to work on that.
By Taleworlds fanboy bots, he’s referring to people who defend the game, mostly people like @Phantom425 who say “give them more time” and simp for TW’s incompetence. He’s saying he doesn’t know if the worse thing is the game or people who think it’s good. I’m assuming you aren’t someone who thinks the game is great (I don’t know your stance and post history), if so he was not referring to you.

He’s saying he doesn’t know if the worse thing is the game or people who think it’s good. I’m assuming you aren’t someone who thinks the game is great (I don’t know your stance and post history), if so he was not referring to you.
Oh, yeah that makes more sense.

As for the second bit, you guessed right. I used to be kind of a sprout, I loved the game. I remember when I tried to make a funny against MadVader, months later I felt embarrassed. After absorbing a lot of info from these boards (and some from Steam).. legit rants and criticisms that have gone on for a while now - yeah, I'm feeling it more. The balance of frustration and enjoyment is more balanced these days I'd say.

Hard to see these things like this from my post history, though (fair). I've reached a point where I've experienced too much drama in general, I'd rather lightly **** post these days, make some off topic comments then proceed to play a different game than to express my thoughts seriously. You guys do it for me anyway.. which I thumbs up typically.

Last edited:
We could go for spam next time. I do appreciate the ping, though. It's rare for people to self-report.
I wouldn't say anyone's message (aside Karma, possibly) was spam. No more than anyone else's post on this thread; granted my comment wasn't exactly transformative (wouldn't pass the sniff test for enough uniqueness to get fair use protections), but hey, some comments aren't the most beefy. Anyway, happy to help with the reports!

Oh, yeah that makes more sense.

As for the second bit, you guessed right. I used to be kind of a sprout, I loved the game. I remember when I tried to make a funny against MadVader, months later I felt embarrassed. After absorbing a lot of info from these boards (and some from Steam).. legit rants and criticisms that have gone on for a while now - yeah, I'm feeling it more. The balance of frustration and enjoyment is more balanced these days I'd say.

Hard to see these things like this from my post history, though (fair). I've reached a point where I've experienced too much drama in general, I'd rather lightly **** post these days, make some off topic comments then proceed to play a different game than to express my thoughts seriously. You guys do it for me anyway.. which I thumbs up typically.
What's a shame is that, when Bannerlord Online came out, I gained that same type of hope. For a small period from like March/April, I was super hyped for Bannerlord's future, but as I watched TW neglect it and them allowing it to die made me take the doomer blackpill. However, the reason that I'm still bothering to view and post on this forum is because I do have some hope that if TW supports the modding community, the game can be made great. If they improve native, that's great. I love Warband native and would not object in the slightest to them improving it. That being said, Bannerlord Online gave us a glimpse of what Bannerlord can be, and what it certainly is not now. The balls are in TW court.

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy

I would encourage all dissenters here to view this thread made by our very own @MostBlunted, thank you for spreading this terrible news.

As I mentioned on that thread, TW has pushed back the planned release first from Q1 2021 ("For about a year") then to Q4 2021 now to Q2 2022. Based on their "We will release it in March" and then release it on the last day of March, we can assume from this announcement that it will come no earlier than June 30th, 2022. That is if they keep to this release date, but as I have mentioned, they leave enough leeway in there for them to squeeze out of that, so don't get your hopes up that the game will be coming out any time in the near future.

As said on Blunted's thread, absolutely pathetic. Yet another year in development hell.

I would encourage all dissenters here to view this thread made by our very own @MostBlunted, thank you for spreading this terrible news.

As I mentioned on that thread, TW has pushed back the planned release first from Q1 2021 ("For about a year") then to Q4 2021 now to Q2 2022. Based on their "We will release it in March" and then release it on the last day of March, we can assume from this announcement that it will come no earlier than June 30th, 2022. That is if they keep to this release date, but as I have mentioned, they leave enough leeway in there for them to squeeze out of that, so don't get your hopes up that the game will be coming out any time in the near future.

As said on Blunted's thread, absolutely pathetic. Yet another year in development hell.
Why does it matter? They said even after release they were going to continue patching the game, so mods are going to continue being broken over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Why does it matter? They said even after release they were going to continue patching the game, so mods are going to continue being broken over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
Mods can be updated, as they have been like Bannerlord Online currently. Mods are updated all the time, for most updates it is not a difficult process, simply changing a few values in the config. I don't see the argument in this. Because the game gets updated, therefore we should not have mods? I am not a modding genius and haven't done much in warband modding, but even I know that this is a snail-brained argument. Come on, man. Give me a break.

Mods can be updated, as they have been like Bannerlord Online currently. Mods are updated all the time, for most updates it is not a difficult process, simply changing a few values in the config. I don't see the argument in this. Because the game gets updated, therefore we should not have mods? I am not a modding genius and haven't done much in warband modding, but even I know that this is a snail-brained argument. Come on, man. Give me a break.
So why does it matter if the game is officially "released" or not? It will literally change nothing either way.

So why does it matter if the game is officially "released" or not?
Because TW has set that as the arbitrary date that they will allow Private Servers to be released. Until the Private Servers are released, multiplayer mods cannot be developed. Therefore, the release of the game is necessary (so long as private servers are pegged to it) for multiplayer mods to be made. If they change their mind and release private servers, then I don't care about the release. I just want multiplayer mods.

So why does it matter if the game is officially "released" or not? It will literally change nothing either way.
It would change that they have to commit on something at least. With the final release, there is no excuse left when there are still no banners in the game (example) or if the siege AI is still broken. But in this EA state, they can delay forever, it´s even easier with customers like you who think this is fine :smile:

It would change that they have to commit on something at least. With the final release, there is no excuse left when there are still no banners in the game (example) or if the siege AI is still broken. But in this EA state, they can delay forever, it´s even easier with customers like you who think this is fine :smile:
That's also another thing that I haven't brought up in a few pages. The only reason the game is called "EA" is as a shield for incompetence and its shallowness. They can always say "oh, it'll be out when the game is released for real!". Once they have committed to the release, the rubicon has been crossed and certain standards can no longer be written off as we are simply waiting for them. While the implementation of new features and modes is certainly welcome through updates and DLC, the core functions need to be there, and figuring out banners, while not important in the slightest, is certainly something that is not acceptable post EA (or in my opinion during EA).

In zero ways does a "release" help anyone but TW, and only to raise more $$$
You posted this right before I did, as I mention above, it forces them to adhere to standards to make the game good, probably the reason they refuse to release it.

You posted this right before I did, as I mention above, it forces them to adhere to standards to make the game good, probably the reason they refuse to release it.
Absolutely, but I would be happy with them stopping RIGHT NOW and unleashing modders onto a stable codebase.

TW seems like it's already made the choice to be an arthouse studio instead of a game development shop. What's more likely: "Oh we have a solid release date now, better make the game good!" or "Here's what we finished by the deadline!"

?

Because TW has set that as the arbitrary date that they will allow Private Servers to be released. Until the Private Servers are released, multiplayer mods cannot be developed.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was "sometime after release."
It would change that have to commit on something. With the final release, there is no excuse left when there are still no banners in the game (example).
So? Why does it matter what they promise to me? I only care about what they deliver. "They made a commitment!" So what? They committed to bringing out the game in 2016. Did it happen? Did us memeing about it do anything?
But in this EA state, they can deliver forever, it´s even easier with customers like you who think this is fine :smile:
I've said before that I think early access is just a marketing gimmick.

Absolutely, but I would be happy with them stopping RIGHT NOW and unleashing modders onto a stable codebase.

TW seems like it's already made the choice to be an arthouse studio instead of a game development shop. What's more likely: "Oh we have a solid release date now, better make the game good!" or "Here's what we finished by the deadline!"

?
Hmmm...you have a point. However, as they mentioned, they don't want to release the game until they think its ready, they said that in that post, and many others over the years. They could do that, but I feel like they will just keep pushing the game back indefinitely until we get this sort of situation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was "sometime after release."
I read from Callum I believe that the private servers would be released when the game fully releases, but I could be wrong, and its entirely possible they could have given conflicting information. Wouldn't have been the first. At this point, I have just kind of convinced myself with pure amounts of hopium that its the case and just taken it as fact. It's tangentially similar to when you tell yourself a lie so much that you end up believing it.
So? Why does it matter what they promise to me? I only care about what they deliver. "They made a commitment!" So what? They committed to bringing out the game in 2016. Did it happen? Did us memeing about it do anything?
I suppose you do have a point there, they have broken their commitments. However, when they have a fully released game, they have absolutely no leg to stand on when it comes to their incompetence. They have had the smokescreen of "it's still in development" "we've hit road bumps" "it's in beta" "it's in early access". However, when the game is fully released, all these go away. That's no excuse. Does that matter to TW? Probably not, but at least the TW simps will no longer have a legitimate argument to say "Soon!" or "They're almost done with the game, give them time!" It's more just for rhetorical purposes, but there is a slight chance that they will actually release a full game on release.
I've said before that I think early access is just a marketing gimmick.
True.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom