Which 3 major features from Warband or Devblogs do you want the most in Bannerlord?

Which 2 of these singleplayer features do you want the most? (You can choose TWO)

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I spent quite a lot of time reading beta codes via dnspy, and I’m quite sad to see some frequently-requested features not seeing the release light.

Lord Dueling, Party ambush battles, Night town ambush missions, Archery + Horse racing + Jousting tournaments are already implemented yet hidden in 1.6.0, and I’d be excited to test them all no matter buggy they could be. But sad that somehow we, players, don’t have a strong voice in decision making even during EA.
I am exited for the things you mentioned that are being worked on

Last edited:
I spent quite a lot of time reading beta codes via dnspy, and I’m quite sad to see some frequently-requested features not seeing the release light.

Lord Dueling, Party ambush battles, Night town ambush missions, Archery + Horse racing + Jousting tournaments are already implemented yet hidden in 1.6.0
Very interesting! Could you post some pictures of your findings?

Aren't those abandoned features and cut content that are not going to be finished?
There was a whole thread about those once, with code, text and everything.
That´s what I also remember. I wouldn´t get too excited about those :grin:

Those are left overs from the past where the game would have some meat outside the battles around it.

Lance recruitment system, damage/armour ratios and battle AI all from the mod 1257 AD. That mod was epic.
Oh sorry, I meant vanilla Warband as opposed to mods, though there were definitely some great mods.

Hopefully once TW has recreated all the features of vanilla Warband, that will be a perfect base from which modders can replicate all the features from Warband mods.

All of them should be implemented though, it's honestly borderline false marketing if they don't.
Sure of course we all get it that not ALL planned features will always make it, but keep in mind they made dedicated devblogs about these ones. There's probably a ton more which got scrapped we've never heard about.

But I think there's like 30+ features they've previously said would be there which they're now silent about? I once again refer to this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...se-dev-diaries-but-not-in-game-by-now.436973/

All of them should be implemented though, it's honestly borderline false marketing if they don't.
Sure of course we all get it that not ALL planned features will always make it, but keep in mind they made dedicated devblogs about these ones. There's probably a ton more which got scrapped we've never heard about.

But I think there's like 30+ features they've previously said would be there which they're now silent about? I once again refer to this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...se-dev-diaries-but-not-in-game-by-now.436973/
Fully agree they all should be implemented, or some sort of quite similar feature. This thread is more about what people want TW to work on the most, and then they can look at that and take it into account when prioritizing.

It would definitely be false advertising to, say, have stuff about building a criminal empire up on the Steam store page, and then not follow through on that.

I can cut them slack on some of the minor stuff in those devblogs (especially since they explicitly deconfirmed customizable fiefs before they made the game available for purchase) since it sounds like a lot of it wouldn't make a huge difference to gameplay; but for the game to regress behind Warband in multiple different ways as well as not fulfilling promises of new features, would be unacceptable.

Fully agree they all should be implemented, or some sort of quite similar feature. This thread is more about what people want TW to work on the most, and then they can look at that and take it into account when prioritizing.

It would definitely be false advertising to, say, have stuff about building a criminal empire up on the Steam store page, and then not follow through on that.

I can cut them slack on some of the minor stuff in those devblogs (especially since they explicitly deconfirmed customizable fiefs before they made the game available for purchase) since it sounds like a lot of it wouldn't make a huge difference to gameplay; but for the game to regress behind Warband in multiple different ways as well as not fulfilling promises of new features, would be unacceptable.

Completely agree, I can also accept it for some minor things or even some major ones if provided a good enough explanation. But TW just always give the "We've got no current plan to add it in the immediate future, but it might happen later" reply, for stuff they themselves have hyped in their devblogs and at conventions.

I don't understand why anyone accepts that they've advertised the game through the years as something completely different than what we got, and even worse, have no intention of aiming to make it into that game in the future either.

Completely agree, I can also accept it for some minor things or even some major ones if provided a good enough explanation. But TW just always give the "We've got no current plan to add it in the immediate future, but it might happen later" reply, for stuff they themselves have hyped in their devblogs and at conventions.

I don't understand why anyone accepts that they've advertised the game through the years as something completely different than what we got, and even worse, have no intention of aiming to make it into that game in the future either.
+5 Acceptance is the penultimate step; Soon. ? ?

giphy.gif

There is nothing left we can do. We just need to accept it.

There are more than enough suggestion/improvement threads here, it´s TW turn now.

All of them should be implemented though, it's honestly borderline false marketing if they don't. Sure of course we all get it that not ALL planned features will always make it, but keep in mind they made dedicated devblogs about these ones.
To my knowledge, few to none of the features listed in the OP had a blog dedicated to them. Some were certainly mentioned though. Owning alleys were discussed in a broader blog on crime & punishment. "Civil wars" were mentioned in passing in a blog about persuasion - and arguably exist with the main storyline of the game. Others I don't recall being in a blog, but, of course, I may have forgotten. Not that any of that makes them any less valid suggestions. Indeed, I would think that the better argument for their inclusion is the merit that they bring to the game.

I will try to go through this list. Some were definitely dropped (even announced as such pre-release such as the village/castle fusion) others are in the game close to or pretty much as they were described.

Not all that accurate. I have certainly written more about the topic than that :razz:

I guess folks recognize that Bannerlord is not "something completely different" and that while some plans didn't work out as originally intended and priorities shifted, we continue working hard to make the game better.

I will try to go through this list. Some were definitely dropped (even announced as such pre-release such as the village/castle fusion) others are in the game close to or pretty much as they were described.
Forgive me if this has been touched on before and that I am ignorant to that, but is there any chance for features that were dropped to be included post-release in any updates? I guess more specifically ones that will have more community backing behind. I completely understand if you are not able to speak on that at this time, or if it has not even been discussed.

Forgive me if this has been touched on before and that I am ignorant to that, but is there any chance for features that were dropped to be included post-release in any updates? I guess more specifically ones that will have more community backing behind. I completely understand if you are not able to speak on that at this time, or if it has not even been discussed.
Yeah, i think the company will discuss post-release plans in a more "proper" fashion and it's a bit premature to do so now :razz:

Yeah, just a tad bit. I guess I just wanted to see if anything not in the game at release isn’t just completely written off.
Assume that everything that is not promised is written off and you'll be mostly proven right in the future. Sad, but that's how this works.
They have enough work with fixing and improving existing features in a timely manner.

Assume that everything that is not promised is written off and you'll be mostly proven right in the future. Sad, but that's how this works.
They have enough work with fixing and improving existing features in a timely manner.
Some stuff will be added and some stuff won't be added. I'm just not gonna assume anything until we have those things in our hands, or if we don't.

Some stuff will be added and some stuff won't be added. I'm just not gonna assume anything until we have those things in our hands, or if we don't.
Given the history that we can already look at and the statements made before, we can assume with certainty that we won't be getting jack****. No offense Duh if you're reading.

Back
Top Bottom