Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

Users who are viewing this thread

yes trading is much easier, since the hotfix buying low cost goods from towns that have villages that produce the goods is really low and towns that dont have those good, their prices have stayed somewhat the same. This is exactly what I asked TW to do 6 months ago. grain shouldnt be 6-8 for the entire map. Their needed to be a wider range of prices and the hotfix on the 9th did exactly that. My last test I got 300 trade in I think it was 646 days and I am sure I would tear that up now.
Let me explain that change a bit.

That hotfix included a change done in mid July. Only one constant is changed at item price calculations and it is increased to 0.60 from 0.50. @SadShogun / @lottendill can see where this changed constant is by looking differences. This change increased variety at prices so items are now a bit cheaper where they are produced.

However this also decreased profit of workshops (profit decreased can be around 20-30%, so it will be hard to find workshop with 200+ daily profit now) because price of output items of workshops are also now cheaper. For example price of beer where breweries are producing beer is now cheaper so workshop profits are decreased however trade and caravans are now a bit more profitable.

So you can discuss if this new version is better or not compared to old versions and if you do not like effects that constant can be decreased to 0.50 again or constant can be done 0.55 between two versions.

By the way poor lords issue have no connection with this change. Yes taxes are 20% decreased at 1.6.1 and reason was there was money inflation, but this is a minor change and also previous versions poor lords ratio was also high. You can say if poor lords ratio was high how there was money inflation? Answer is money is not distributed evenly at Bannerlord, some clans gain too much while some suffer. Solution of this can be giving new passive income to clans like workshops or small fixed cheat money. If they lose their only settlement they go povetry fastly or if they only own 1-2 castles or if they have too much active parties at map (they all have expenses - food and wage). I heard @SadShogun will make some examinations and if total lord money at world decreases by time in long term taxes can be increased 20% again in later patches. There is a constant at tax calculations which is currently 0.30 making it 0.36 will increase taxes by 20%. At first patches this constant was 0.20 by time we increased it slowly to 0.36 and final value is 0.30, prosperity of a castle or town is multiplied by this to find tax income of that settlement. Actually a new feature can be a good addition and owner decides that constant between 0.2 - 0.3 or 0.4 so if tax is high loyality can be effected badly and if tax ratio is low extra loyalty to that town is added daily.

Last edited:

That hotfix included a change done in mid July. Only one constant is changed at iten price calculations and it is increased to 0.60 from 0.50. @SadShogun / @lottendil can see where this changed constant is by looking differences. This change increased variety at prices so items are now a bit cheaper where they are produced.

However this also decreased profit of workshops (profit decreased can be around 20-30%, so it will be hard to find workshop with 200+ daily profit now) because price of output items of workshops are also now cheaper. For example price of beer where breweries are producing beer is now cheaper so workshop profits are decreased however trade is now a bit more profitable.

So you can discuss if this new version is better or not compared to old versions and if you do not like effects that constant can be decreased to 0.50 again or constant can be done 0.55 between two versions.

We cannot live without you and you cannot live without us :wink:

The change is pretty good in my view. Workshops were infinitely better than caravans and they were giving much money to the player IMO. The current workshops are perfect, and it is nice that at the same time trade is more profitable now. So, pretty good change.

Last edited:

That hotfix included a change done in mid July. Only one constant is changed at item price calculations and it is increased to 0.60 from 0.50. @SadShogun / @lottendill can see where this changed constant is by looking differences. This change increased variety at prices so items are now a bit cheaper where they are produced.

However this also decreased profit of workshops (profit decreased can be around 20-30%, so it will be hard to find workshop with 200+ daily profit now) because price of output items of workshops are also now cheaper. For example price of beer where breweries are producing beer is now cheaper so workshop profits are decreased however trade is now a bit more profitable.

On the other hand caravan should be more profitable right?
Seems like a good change.

Hey, Henry Mexxico has come to see us! :party:

To me atleast this change was really positive, workshops are passive income and since they are lower risk they should be lower reward aswell, trading was making too little profit before so i always skipped it and caravans because the cost + risk of losing them for barely no profit wasn't worth it.

Thanks for the clarification, I prefer the new version.

Barney-D-barney-stinson-23610995-500-199.gif

Any particular reason on nerfing mail cavalier boots from 23 to 12? or is it just another "measured" attempt on balancing troop tree. Khuzait and imperial boots look similar with only front of the boot covered with reinforced material, but they still have 20 armor.
Could you explain?

How do I see smithy on the map? Is it only when you walk around?
When you open trade tab in towns on the top left, above town items you have the hammer icon (if i remember correctly) and when you hover over it shows villages belonging to town and workshops.
You can also look on the notables names which suggest what shop they own, for example [name] the carpenter which means there is wood workshop in this town, also hover over them and see what they own: districts, shops and such.

However this also decreased profit of workshops (profit decreased can be around 20-30%, so it will be hard to find workshop with 200+ daily profit now) because price of output items of workshops are also now cheaper. For example price of beer where breweries are producing beer is now cheaper so workshop profits are decreased however trade and caravans are now a bit more profitable.

By the way poor lords issue have no connection with this change. Yes taxes are 20% decreased at 1.6.1 and reason was there was money inflation, but this is a minor change and also previous versions poor lords ratio was also high. You can say if poor lords ratio was high how there was money inflation? Answer is money is not distributed evenly at Bannerlord, some clans gain too much while some suffer. Solution of this can be giving new passive income to clans like workshops or small fixed cheat money. If they lose their only settlement they go povetry fastly or if they only own 1-2 castles or if they have too much active parties at map (they all have expenses - food and wage). I heard @SadShogun will make some examinations and if total lord money at world decreases by time in long term taxes can be increased 20% again in later patches. There is a constant at tax calculations which is currently 0.30 making it 0.36 will increase taxes by 20%. At first patches this constant was 0.20 by time we increased it slowly to 0.36 and final value is 0.30, prosperity of a castle or town is multiplied by this to find tax income of that settlement. Actually a new feature can be a good addition and owner decides that constant between 0.2 - 0.3 or 0.4 so if tax is high loyality can be effected badly and if tax ratio is low extra loyalty to that town is added daily.
I love the new change, this is what I called for months ago is a wider price is goods. It should be cheap in towns that produce grain and a lot higher it towns that don't and this change ahs accomplished that. After doing extensive work on workshops and caravans I can find no faults(except for sturgian shops) in any areas. For workshops it just requires a little management of them to still obtain good profits

We cannot live without you and you cannot live without us :wink:
:lol: He’s more like a guardian angel, no longer with us but still watching over
Actually a new feature can be a good addition and owner decides that constant between 0.2 - 0.3 or 0.4 so if tax is high loyality can be effected badly and if tax ratio is low extra loyalty to that town is added daily.
@SadShogun this feature would be awesome! It would let players have a better chance of keeping a foreign city and not losing it to rebellions at the cost of taxes. (y) Thank you for the explanation @mexxico

:lol: He’s more like a guardian angel, no longer with us but still watching over

@SadShogun this feature would be awesome! It would let players have a better chance of keeping a foreign city and not losing it to rebellions at the cost of taxes. (y) Thank you for the explanation @mexxico
We are discussing a feature to adjust or exempt taxes.
Currently a lot of policies and perks modify taxes so it might be counter intuitive to modify them, but these increases can be attributed to efficiency in tax collection. Still an adjustment can be made on the base tax giving clans the option to modify their income. Ofcourse these can be accompanied by loyalty and prosperity buffs for low/no taxes.

Back
Top Bottom