Blinding Snow + other issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Fleebusia

Recruit
Is there any way to tone down the luminosity of Snow on the battlefield? It's extremely bright even at minimum gamma values. I don't even have HDR on- which is usually the culprit for this.

Some other misc issues that maybe someone can help with:

Battles and Tournaments are depicted as night scenes when it's Morning/Evening. (doesn't appear to be any gradient in terms of weather/skybox)

Battlefields are often too cramped and almost always have very exaggerated topography.

While traveling on the world map, the game periodically ticks/stutters- usually resulting in the camera rotating by itself.

Battle music playing during non-battle scenes. (had to disable music because of this)

Is there any way to restore the old trade interface? (I would like to know how much each transaction is worth before selling)

Is there any way to tone down the luminosity of Snow on the battlefield? It's extremely bright even at minimum gamma values. I don't even have HDR on- which is usually the culprit for this.
I play on two computers and haven't had a problem, but I prefer bright to dark, I'm guess you should consider sunglasses. :razz:
Battle music playing during non-battle scenes. (had to disable music because of this)
Funny, I was always getting "pub" music everywhere, in castles and garrison screens.
Is there any way to restore the old trade interface? (I would like to know how much each transaction is worth before selling)
The last thing about trading, I don't care too much for it either, and it can be disabled on one of the game menu options, not sure where and not in-game atm, but it's definitely there somewhere.

I play on two computers and haven't had a problem, but I prefer bright to dark, I'm guess you should consider sunglasses. :razz:

Funny, I was always getting "pub" music everywhere, in castles and garrison screens.

The last thing about trading, I don't care too much for it either, and it can be disabled on one of the game menu options, not sure where and not in-game atm, but it's definitely there somewhere.
I wonder what could be causing the intense brightness. It's only a problem during day battle scenes, but it's so bright it hurts my eyes. I don't get this issue in PoP though which is weird. I may try to swap out the snow textures.

I'm not sure about the tavern music as I switched the music off literally 15 minutes into my game. Hearing combat music while travelling just felt very wrong. I'm going to hazard a guess that this isn't actually a bug but instead clumsy sound file mapping. (not to be confused with the lingering ambience bug)

Yeah, I eventually found that in the options, thank goodness!

Wish I could find a solution to the random CTD's though. I've read some reports of crashing on save, but for me, it only happens while travelling. Unfortunately, they are getting more frequent as the campaign progresses. I get the impression that the engine is simply buckling under the weight of all the AI scripts.

Wish I could find a solution to the random CTD's though. I've read some reports of crashing on save, but for me, it only happens while travelling. Unfortunately, they are getting more frequent as the campaign progresses. I get the impression that the engine is simply buckling under the weight of all the AI scripts.
I only get CTD when I alt-tab and open a browser, only only seldom, I'm more or less in the habit of saving before I do that. Warband definately has a memory leak regardless of mod though and after I play for like 8 hours I have to restart the game or I get like 1 FPS in battles. Perisno itself runs fairly well for me on a couple of subpar computers, I'm talking geforce 650ti and 1050 cards with old cpus. It's odd to me that you having the problem while travelling, I wonder if you have enough memory on your system, mods definately require a bit more beef-y-ness than vanilla.

I'm fairly confident it's the module. I have several thousand hours in PoP on this system with identical settings and it's only ever crashed once or twice. Both PoP and other mods have no problem with 14 hour sessions while spamming alt+tab on this system. But I'm lucky to get an hour in Perisno. Not only that but the game ticks and stutters a lot while traveling. And then there's the annoying camera rotation issue, which I've not seen in any mod before.

My system should be more than adequate:
3600x
2070-super
16gb ram

Not trying to be controversial here but I haven't experienced any memory leakage issues. I play the latest version of pop for up to 16 hours straight and don't lose any frames and the campaign map runs smooth as butter. Honestly, I think they crammed way too much into this mod for the engine to sustain itself. "Overly ambitious" might be a better word for it.

Back
Top Bottom