Freelancer should be implemented into vanilla Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Then again, I wonder if some programmers could credit @Bloc and make a "Freelancer Rebirth" or something like that ?
It's perfectly doable, I respect his beliefs and his thoughts, that's his piece of code afterall. No point on arguing on that.
That doesn't mean we should wait for an eternal savior to fix the game for those who want to enjoy this experience on Bannerlord right now.

Instead of complaining, grab some folks who want to code and get it to work. As always this should come with passion first, as modders aren't game dev and doing this on their free-time.

Hmm, what about the devs from TW? :unsure:

As an arm-chair historian, I always watch what history taught us to predict the future.
Sitting there asking for features to be implemented led us to close to nothing as of 2021, not even those they promised back in February ( Battle Terrain System ).
I'm not sure how complex is Freeloader code-wise, but being proactive instead of endlessly ranting here should be better imho. ( for those who can code )
Again I respect Bloc and what he'd done for the community, even though I didn't experience myself his piece of work, he maybe has reasons we don't know publicly, until then what can we do ?

Asking for the nth times to implement a now discontinued mod ? C'mon.

Asking for the nth times to implement a now discontinued mod ? C'mon.
We ask for nothing, we do not want tribute, or song, or monuments, or poems of war and valor, our wish is simple... remember us. That is our hope, that any free soul which would come across this place, in all the countless centuries yet to be, that our voices would whisper to them from the ageless screen and say "go tell TaleWorlds passerby, that in the year of our butterlord 1314, the patriots of Warband, starving and outnumbered, fought like warrior poets; and won their freedom".

I once made a small mod for Fallout 4 and had some guy call me a monster and a nazi for denying his request to add a second branch of the mod that would be compatible with an obscure mod he used. I had to ban him from the mod page to stop him from constantly spamming, and then after all of that whining and complaining he went and made it himself and posted it to the nexus. So naturally I reported it as stolen and had it taken down, just out of spite.

Maybe I am a monster.

His mod, his choice.
The ideal scenario for the community (If we consider Bloc's cessation of support as inevitable) would have been for the source code to be shared as that would mean the incredible work and effort that was put in could be refined and continued by other modders in the future instead of someone needing to work from the ground up for the next one (bigger challenge, takes more time etc). I feel like that point has not been acknowledged enough. Of course it his his work and he is perfectly within his rights to withholding the source code but It really is unfortunate that he chose not to as it makes an already grim outcome even darker. It is what it is, maybe he will change his mind in time or come back to continue. That would be awesome.

Thanks for everything @Bloc your mod was everything I wanted Freelancer to be, and then some.

Last edited:
mean the incredible work and effort that was put in could be refined and continued by other modders in the future instead of someone needing to work from the ground up for the next one (bigger challenge, takes more time etc).
51637abbe0a73b58174c0a46cfece6d0.gif

The ideal scenario for the community (If we consider Bloc's cessation of support as inevitable) would have been for the source code to be shared as that would mean the incredible work and effort that was put in could be refined and continued by other modders in the future instead of someone needing to work from the ground up for the next one (bigger challenge, takes more time etc). I feel like that point has not been acknowledged enough. Of course it his his work and he is perfectly within his rights to withholding the source code but It really is unfortunate that he chose not to as it makes an already grim outcome even darker. It is what it is, maybe he will change his mind in time or come back to continue. That would be awesome.

Thanks for everything @Bloc your mod was everything I wanted Freelancer to be, and then some.

I think that is the reason why people are pushing for TW to add a similar function in to the game.

It is clearly heavily in demand and quite popular - adding quite a bit into the game.

I wouldn't put a lot of hope in TW adding this. They seem to have a unique talent for overcomplicating things while simultaneously dumbing them down, so any implementation is sure to be disappointing

Back
Top Bottom