What happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

While the quality of work by TW is fine, what they choose to work on (or in some cases, not to work on) is holding this game back.
Excuse me but what game are you playing? What quality? Even the foundation of MP (servers) is trash. Im not even talking about the rest. The whole thing is poorly thought out and executed.

Agreed besides the last paragraph. The quality simply isn't there. The biggest update was the addition of a new game mode, and it really lacks in quality. It offers less freedom than the Ludus, a modded Warband server. Their balance patches didn't work at all, they just jumped from one issue to the other because of their class system and sometimes, they even came back to the previous issues by trying to solve the new ones.
Let's not even talk about the servers, that's the pinnacle of Taleworlds mediocrity.
Bannerlord has neither soul nor polish.

I think that, with all my respect for the posters which had both good points and bad points to talk about, these discussions are absolutely (forgive me) worthless at this point.
Since the multiplayer has been clearly abandoned and is already dead.
5j3jwa.jpg

I think that, with all my respect for the posters which had both good points and bad points to talk about, these discussions are absolutely (forgive me) worthless at this point.
Since the multiplayer has been clearly abandoned and is already dead.
5j3jwa.jpg
I still have hope that it could turn around, mainly on modding but community might be already dwindled enough for anything significant to happen. Unless of course a great mod is created.

That Being said, play Last Oasis. So far that game is alot fun, feel like it's true sequel to Warband. Heh

Class system sucks it only semi works for Captain mode imo.

I still have hope that it could turn around, mainly on modding but community might be already dwindled enough for anything significant to happen. Unless of course a great mod is created.

That Being said, play Last Oasis. So far that game is alot fun, feel like it's true sequel to Warband. Heh

Class system sucks it only semi works for Captain mode imo.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong, to be honest. I always thought this could have been (possibly still could, under a decent management) a great multiplayer experience. Also, tried Last Oasis. It's a cool concept, but it made me rage quit so often I almost had to take blood pressure meds :grin:
I'm too old for that kind of game, I'm afraid.

The scimitar is dropped for an infantry who gives a shield to the archer in return.

If you have to pull out those kind of tricks, it's bad game design in the first place, Warband or Bannerlord. If the shield is such a must for an archer, then it shall be a default option.

If you have to pull out those kind of tricks, it's bad game design in the first place, Warband or Bannerlord. If the shield is such a must for an archer, then it shall be a default option.
No ? It adds more depth. Taking an additional inf means you can drop an additional shield but taking an additional inf would mean you sacrifice a cav, so you lose one scim drop. If all classes had access to everything then team comps wouldn’t be important. Shortcuts like this lead to the terrible class system of bannerlord.

No ? It adds more depth. Taking an additional inf means you can drop an additional shield but taking an additional inf would mean you sacrifice a cav, so you lose one scim drop. If all classes had access to everything then team comps wouldn’t be important. Shortcuts like this lead to the terrible class system of bannerlord.
Well, there are spear exchange and some shield exchange happening here and there in Bannerlord as well.

I am sorry, but no. It doesn't add more depth. Gameplay shall not consist in finding your way around problems that are not supposed to be there in the first place. This is not "depth", this is bad balance, bad design and lazy execution.

Depth is when there is no fixed meta and when there is room for effective improvisation.

Well, there are spear exchange and some shield exchange happening here and there in Bannerlord as well.

I am sorry, but no. It doesn't add more depth. Gameplay shall not consist in finding your way around problems that are not supposed to be there in the first place. This is not "depth", this is bad balance, bad design and lazy execution.

Depth is when there is no fixed meta and when there is room for effective improvisation.
There will always be fixed meta, even LoL despite the constant upgrades is subjected, has fixed metas every update

Meeeh not worth answering, won't convince you.

Wouldnt mind having the option of selecting gear ourselves from a large pool of weapons etc to avoid doing drops, but Warbands system was incredible because it made use of the commanders game knowledge to make one class stronger without harming another.

But in Bannerlord, this isnt done to the same degree, because a class is incredibly limited in their options, and you cant buy multiples of the same item.
If an Empire Palatine Guard drops a shield for the Courser, the Palatine Guard is significantly weakened, while the Courser becomes way way stronger. Basically the Palatine Guard has 1 perk now, and the Courser has 3.
Compare this to the Vaegir drop in Warband, where cavalry gets Scimitars for free, buys one or more, (depending on the team setup) infantry buys an extra shield, picks up the Scimitar from the cavalry, and the archer gets a shield. Everyone benefits from this. Abit complicated especially for newer teams, but an incredible benefit for a team who knows how to do it efficiently.

Wouldnt mind having the option of selecting gear ourselves from a large pool of weapons etc to avoid doing drops, but Warbands system was incredible because it made use of the commanders game knowledge to make one class stronger without harming another.

But in Bannerlord, this isnt done to the same degree, because a class is incredibly limited in their options, and you cant buy multiples of the same item.
If an Empire Palatine Guard drops a shield for the Courser, the Palatine Guard is significantly weakened, while the Courser becomes way way stronger. Basically the Palatine Guard has 1 perk now, and the Courser has 3.
Compare this to the Vaegir drop in Warband, where cavalry gets Scimitars for free, buys one or more, (depending on the team setup) infantry buys an extra shield, picks up the Scimitar from the cavalry, and the archer gets a shield. Everyone benefits from this. Abit complicated especially for newer teams, but an incredible benefit for a team who knows how to do it efficiently.
Problem is people like Moth or TW devs want to reduce game knowledge and strategy to make it mainstream because they expect new players to master the game in a day instead of years.

Back
Top Bottom