Mod "collections" - 1.6.1...now FFA

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello fellow sufferers, let´s talk about mods.

Not about what mods we want to be added to game by TW but what mods you already use to improve the game expierence. They need to be working with 1.6.1. (a few crashes here and there are fine, but not like 2+ crashes each hour). It would be nice if you could also link your mods.

For my current campaign I´m using:

- realistic battle mod - for me this is mandatory to enjoy the battles, I´m also using all submods like the troop overhaul and spear fix
- dismemberment plus - adds gore (dismemberment and decapitation), blood for the blood god!
- Cinematic War Atmosphere SlowMotion On Orders Menu - Slows down time (is configurable) while in order menu

That´s all for me at the moment.

My most recent modded run I had a ton of fun with, although for 1.6.0 not 1.6.1:

Calradia Expanded - what I wish the map actually looked like
Calradia Expanded Kingdoms - splits the kingdoms into appropriate factions that do a better job representing the a pre-warband era. Actually get to play as Vaegir
Freelancer - not sure if still working, but added my favorite feature from modded warband. Lets you serve as a troop in early game to build skills in a much more sensible way then immediately leading a party.

My most recent modded run I had a ton of fun with, although for 1.6.0 not 1.6.1:
246B1D25097F81405A303AF4CC4A458E8FE6A5F7

:wink:

I am currently trying a mod called Fourberie which I find interesting. The new quests rewards are maybe too good but it adds a much deeper bandit gameplay.

Going to grab 'Slow Orders'!

I'm a huge fan of RBM-AI, but RBM-Combat ... does too much, and all under the hood, and I would rather wait for Taleworlds to stop development before messing with combat. (But yes, the game will need some combat tweaks..........)

DismembermentPlusGore, endorse, should be in Native as a checkbox.

Calradia Expanded I used in 1.5.9. Now, though, TW is starting to open up the map for modders, so we can get some REAL different maps!

Mods I have working in 1.6.1 that I can't live without:
* Real Horses + Slightly Improved Camels + Ultimate Mounts (U.M. was just pulled from Nexus today!?)
* Feel the Hit
* Fixed Formation Spawns
* Party Screen Enhancements

There are more, but I'm going to post a 1.6.1 guide when TW gets another hot fix or two pushed out.

I am currently trying a mod called Fourberie which I find interesting. The new quests rewards are maybe too good but it adds a much deeper bandit gameplay.
That's one! It's verrr niiice, just updated to 1.6.1

I'm still waiting BL to be more "healthy" in mid-late game. So for the moment I only play until mercenary level.
Not that I want to promote my own mod but that's the only one I'm using right now. Mainly for testing ?‍♂️
But yeah I'm having fun with it (that's the initial purpose).

Otherwise, the mods that I'm considering for a longer playtrough could be:

Distinguished service : I like the idea to keep the relation with your elite soldiers.
DismembermentPlus : The dev literally split every single armors in different pieces for better effect. A lot of work for a lot of gore.
Improved garrisons : Nice addition to the game as well. For easier management.

No need to speak about Freelancer... RIP (for a short time I hope)

Nice mod @Spinozart1 , looks really good I'm def going to try it out.
Thank you! Far from what real modders are able to do but if you are looking for a different early game, you may appreciate the experience (or not).

Ohhh, I hadn’t noticed that @Spinozart1 is the creator. I am enjoying your mod mate :smile:
Thank you!(bis) I don't want to derail the OP but I'm interested about your feedback regarding the "maybe too good rewards" and the mod in general. I don't want it to be to easy, neither break the base game. Don't hesitate to pm me, or leave some feedback/suggestions on nexus.

Sorry for the little derailment @MostBlunted (and welcome back btw)

Currently using a very large modpack on 1.5.9. Tons of content, tons of fixes to get it to work. Sadly author did not get permission from modders to make/modify these and distribute them so.. no longer public. But this encouraged me to explore mods tenfold and make my own (once I do, get permissions and share with others).

That being said, I am still on 1.5.9 and will progress to 1.6.0 in a few weeks maybe, but here is a small list of mods I recommend and what versions they are supported for. I haven't used 1.6.1 yet but I'm sure some of these will work.

- Adonnay's Troop Changer (heavily customized settings, allowing new units to be recruited - 1.6.0+)
- Attributes Matter (modify bonuses for attributes - 1.6.0)
- Bandit Armors (small armory mod - 1.5.9 / 1.6.0 beta)
- CA Eagle Rising (large faction overhaul - 1.5.9 preferred, works but auras broken on 1.6.0)
- Calradia Expanded (map overhaul - 1.5.9 / 1.6.0)
- Calradia Expanded: Kingdoms (faction overhaul - 1.5.9 / 1.6.0)
- Calradia Rising Armoury (medium sized armory mod for some slightly less quality troop mods - 1.6.0 / seems to work on 1.6.1)
- Calradia At War: Custom Spawns (faction/troop overhaul mod, really nice - 1.5.9 only afaik, haven't tested on 1.6.0+, seems abandoned :sad:)
- Custom Troop (make your own troop tree within Kingdom menu - 1.5.9 / 1.6.0 / 1.6.1)
- Dismemberment Plus (self-explanatory, must-have - 1.6.0 but thanks for telling me it works on 1.6.1)
- Distinguished Service (promote troops who kill enough in battle to companions - 1.6.0 / 1.6.1)
- Freelancer (enlist yourself under parties as a soldier, recommended! - 1.5.9 / 1.6.0 / dunno if it works in 1.6.1)
- Improved Garrisons (lots of QoL stuff for garrisons - 1.5.9 / 1.6.0 / 1.6.1)
- KaosesTweaks (just guess - 1.5.9 but works with 1.6.0)
- More Troops mod (lots of custom armor stuff, requires OSA - 1.5.9 but works with 1.6.0)
- Reskin Rearm (lots of custom armor stuff, requires more Troops Mod/OSA, 1.5.9 but getting an 1.6.0 update sooon!)
- Open Source Armory (large armory mod, must have - 1.5.9 / 1.6.0)
- Party Screen Enhancements (self-explanatory, must have - 1.5.9 / 1.6.0 / 1.6.1)
- Realistic Battle AI Module (big smart AI - 1.5.9 / 1.6.0 / 1.6.1)
- Realistic Battle Mod (armor and weapons go brr - 1.5.9 / 1.6.0 / 1.6.1)
- RTS Camera (controlling troops like an RTS, some qol stuff - 1.5.9 / beta 1.6.0 but works on stable 1.6.0)
- Swadian Armory (medium armory mod - 1.5.9 / 1.6.0)
- The Valkyrie (female troop mod - 1.5.9 / 1.6.0)
- Xorberax' Cut Through Everyone (self explanatory, not updated in a long time, but another author updated it for 1.5.9 and 1.6.0 see "broken mod fixes")

Couple of notes: Realistic Battle Mod is not compatible with Calradia at War Custom Spawns, CA Eagle Rising, CE: Kingdoms, Valkyrie, Bandit Armors, etc. They will need RBM patches. Open Source Armory, More Troops, Swadian Armoury, Calradia Rising Forces Armoury .. all have patches.

@mujadaddy

First of all thanks for testing my little tweaks, much appreciated :wink:.

Regarding Ultimate Mounts...

The tweak works perfect in custom battle from release version 1.5.9 to current version 1.6.1 beta; the problem that became apparent in 1.5.10 was with the saves... I don't really know what the **** Taleworlds modified, but that change in the saves/saving system (plausible) has ****ed up the tweak... at least for the campaign-sandbox mode.

At first, I paused the updates with 1.5.10 in an attempt to find out what was going wrong; sadly to no avail. In later versions it still continues to cause the same problem and worst of all, it can even corrupt player's saves. That's why I had to remove it recently...to my regret, a pity.

As I said, in Custom Battle it works perfectly 100% ... but, in campaign-sandbox CTD occurs when the system makes a save or when accessing a saved game, due to this "change" carried out by Taleworlds (plausible).

Still on 1.5.9 with:
Double Draw Distance

Alternating Main Menu

300 Sword (For my custom troops)

Hellenic Panopoly (Heavily cut down and just stole stuff for my custom troops)

Corinthian Helmet (For my custom troops)

Realistic Weapon Collision

Magic Holster (Spears Only) - (Gets rid of spears on backs for better cinnamontography SIC)

Settlement Icons Redesigned

RTS Camera

Vassal Titles (I miss you Bloc)

Party Screen Enhancements

Adonnays Troop Changer

Personal Custom Troop Mod that I Made

Custom Spawns (Calradia at War)

Eagle Rising

Calradia Expanded Kingdoms

ScumAndVillainy

AIValuesLife (Disabled the surrender aspect, makes it possible for AI lords to die when fighting each other in simulations, 1% chance - happens more than you think considering how many brawls they get into)

Pacemaker

Houses of Calradia

Succession (Terms don't work with Pacemaker but everything else does)

Separatism (To have civil wars since I had to disable the ones in the Diplomacy mod)

Persuasion Less Brutal (Makes persuasion scale with skill more)

Party AI Overhaul and Commands (party composition is broke so I just ignore it)

Allegiance Overhaul

Diplomacy (Disabled its faction system to work with the Succession mod)

TrueRelationsFix

Improved Garrisons

Attributes Matter

Useful Companions

BloodMod

HP From Level (2% per level for heroes, 1% for troops)

MBModifiableArmor (x2 to armor)

Battle Stamina (breaks tournaments so I just ignore them)

Realistic Battle AI Module

Kaos Tweaks (For all those thousands of little tweaks to just make the game playable FFS)

Unfriendly Territory Speed Fix (It is unbelievable at how good this is at stopping snowballing and giving the defenders a huge advantage)

ImTired (I just use the rest feature and turn off the part that makes the AI have to do it, and also disabled the spacetime feature)

No Mod Loaded Log (For the love of Zeus why do they all add spam on game load)

Several of the more critical ones are not even updated to 1.5.10, 1.5.9 really has the widest mod support and it far surpasses TaleWorlds latest version.

Last edited:
Hello fellow sufferers, let´s talk about mods.

Not about what mods we want to be added to game by TW but what mods you already use to improve the game expierence. They need to be working with 1.6.1. (a few crashes here and there are fine, but not like 2+ crashes each hour). It would be nice if you could also link your mods.

For my current campaign I´m using:

- realistic battle mod - for me this is mandatory to enjoy the battles, I´m also using all submods like the troop overhaul and spear fix
- dismemberment plus - adds gore (dismemberment and decapitation), blood for the blood god!
- Cinematic War Atmosphere SlowMotion On Orders Menu - Slows down time (is configurable) while in order menu

That´s all for me at the moment.

Use the RTS camera Mod. Almost mandatory for Bannerlord battles.

@mujadaddy

I was glad to find it, and the horseys are beautiful! (I do recommend Real Horses + Greater Camels for 'size' and Ultimate Mounts for 'coats'; have you tried those?)

Interesting. I do not have that problem at all. The only crashes I'm getting in 1.6.1 are something weird & intermittent-but-repeatable related to the Party/Prisoners screen. (Which, yknow, is only used every 3 minutes)
Unfriendly Territory Speed Fix
:shock: *yoink*

Last edited:
@mujadaddy

Regarding Ultimate Mounts...

The tweak works perfect in custom battle from release version 1.5.9 to current version 1.6.1 beta; the problem that became apparent in 1.5.10 was with the saves... I don't really know what the **** Taleworlds modified, but that change in the saves/saving system (plausible) has ****ed up the tweak... at least for the campaign-sandbox mode.

At first, I paused the updates with 1.5.10 in an attempt to find out what was going wrong; sadly to no avail. In later versions it still continues to cause the same problem and worst of all, it can even corrupt player's saves. That's why I had to remove it recently...to my regret, a pity.

As I said, in Custom Battle it works perfectly 100% ... but, in campaign-sandbox CTD occurs when the system makes a save or when accessing a saved game, due to this "change" carried out by Taleworlds (plausible).
Look into our github at how ranged weapons modifiers are done (sorry for precision of my direction, marnah is mainly responsible for coding not me), I think we had similiar problem with ranged weapon modifiers at some point nad we managed to fix them.

Regarding main topic, I only play with our mods and with RTS camera (without AI stuff) and enhanced battle (when they are updated to newest beta which is almost never). I cannot afford to play test with non-vanilla units or factions and cannot afford to break my campaign with campaign mods that dont get updated or that are updated too late.

Last edited:

Calradia Expanded - what I wish the map actually looked like
Calradia Expanded Kingdoms - splits the kingdoms into appropriate factions that do a better job representing the a pre-warband era. Actually get to play as Vaegir
Freelancer - not sure if still working, but added my favorite feature from modded warband. Lets you serve as a troop in early game to build skills in a much more sensible way then immediately leading a party.
Does CE actually work on 1.6.0?

Influenced by the topic, did a backup of my current collection on 1.5.9, put it aside for now. I love it, but there's just too many factions.. too many things I don't actually use. I had some crashes here and there randomly in combat when things got hot and messy with dismemberment.

Wanted to be more 'realistic' with what I wanted, really. Dropped a ton of mods and going to see if I can get a good RBM and friends collection going on 1.6.1 soon. Edit: here are some mods that work on 1.6.1 and some that don't

Adonnay's Troop Changer
Better Player Kingdom
Improved Garrisons
Distinguished Service
Dismemberment Plus
Party Screen Enhancements
Smithing Value
Attributes Matter
Kaoses Tweaks
Detailed Character Creation
Realistic Battle Mod and its mods
Open Source Armory - RBM compatible
Swadian Armory - RBM compatible
Vaegir Armory - RBM compatible
Calradia Rising Armory - RBM compatible
Bandit Armory - not RBM compatible for now, but only a few sets of armor
More Troops Mod - RBM compatible
Calradia Girls - RBM compatible, might have to adjust settings

Mods that have issues or don't work:
My Little Warband - incompatible with ATC or something.. might be better to use Custom Troop
X's Cut Through Everyone - doesn't crash but you can get warning labels appearing in battle
RTS Camera & Command System - crashes
Kaoses Party Sizes - crashes
Surrender Tweaks - crashes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom