Which 3 major features from Warband or Devblogs do you want the most in Bannerlord?

Which 2 of these singleplayer features do you want the most? (You can choose TWO)

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

CRIMINAL BUSINESSES and all these gang characteristics, but not just gangs, it can enhance outlaw minor factions as well.
Yeah, I'm surprised that despite all the lore for criminal minor factions like Brotherhood of the Woods, Wolfskins or Hidden Hand, they don't really commit any crimes.

• Kingdom Court and Minister - This should be achieved with better diplomacy mechanics. The actual 'character' is kind of superseded by the 'Kingdom' panel,
  • Feasts - Honestly I could leave these unless they were reworked. I still have nightmares of Harlaus calling 20 feasts in a row while the kingdom burned.
  • Minor Faction Bases - Yes... but only if minor factions get more features first. Right now minor faction troops are barely worth collecting as they cap at Tier 4.
  • Deserters and Manhunters - Deserters yes, Manhunters no. With 8 factions in game and more parties per faction & Minor factions all hunting bandits - add Manhunters on top and there won't be any bandits left for the player.
  • Lord Duels - *Shrug* A small immersion feature. Not that bothered.
  • Pre-battle army placement in field battles - Big yes! But this is penned for the 'Order of Battle System'
  • Criminal Enterprise - I'm not sure how much I'd use this; but we were promoised it.
  • Civil Wars - This is a major feature missing from Warband and the only real feature from Warband I am worried about them porting. We have this confirmed as coming - but in a different form.
  • Assassins and Belligerent Drunk - Meh?

• Civil Wars - This is a major feature missing from Warband and the only real feature from Warband I am worried about them porting. We have this confirmed as coming - but in a different form.
giphy.gif

• Kingdom Court and Minister - This should be achieved with better diplomacy mechanics. The actual 'character' is kind of superseded by the 'Kingdom' panel,
I think people would like a reason to visit court scenes, to reduce the problem of the game being Menulord.
Duh himself has actually said TW is opposed to doing stuff through menus too much, such as the "telepathic" ability to message lords, because they don't want to reduce the player's interaction with the game world; and he has said that a "landline" may be an acceptable compromise.
In that sense, the Kingdom Court is something that makes it more convenient to hire lords and receive political quests when the player is a ruler, but without reducing the player's interaction with the game world. The Minister could be that "landline".
  • Feasts - Honestly I could leave these unless they were reworked. I still have nightmares of Harlaus calling 20 feasts in a row while the kingdom burned.
Yep, I agree that was a problem. The original post does say feasts should only occur during peace.
  • Minor Faction Bases - Yes... but only if minor factions get more features first. Right now minor faction troops are barely worth collecting as they cap at Tier 4.
Agreed, some minor faction troop trees- especially Skolderbrovta and Legion - should be bumped up a tier or have a tier added.
  • Deserters and Manhunters - Deserters yes, Manhunters no. With 8 factions in game and more parties per faction & Minor factions all hunting bandits - add Manhunters on top and there won't be any bandits left for the player.
There are actually way too many bandits for the player right now, so I don't think that is something to worry about.
  • Pre-battle army placement in field battles - Big yes! But this is penned for the 'Order of Battle System'
Really? Awesome, can I grab a source on those? I haven't seen a recent statement from anyone in TW that pre-battle army placement is part of the Order of Battle, or that civil wars are coming in a different form.
If these things are genuinely coming and you can pass me a source, I'll put them in the community roadmap as "being worked on".

Taleworlds have previously confirmed (though obviously take that with a grain of salt) that they are looking at a civil war system. So you can forcefully take control of an existing kingdom.
Where and when? Need some sauce man, last I remember this didn’t make it just like alliances didn’t either. There was plenty of discussion about how it could help snowballing but in the end it wasn’t necessary to fix it

Yeah we all had our favorites, little things like them getting mad at each other or getting upset about raiding etc made them feel so much more alive. It's amazing how such a small thing can make a difference to a player. Companions in BL are there to lead an army, or act as governor, etc in other words any unnamed npc could do just as well. It's an idea that is completely lost on TW.
One time my companion complained to me about raiding a village in 1.6.0 , but I just promised to keep his complaint in mind and it actually increased relation by 2 o_O . I haven't tried raiding another village, maybe he'll say "No, you promised!" and get -10 or something.

One time my companion complained to me about raiding a village in 1.6.0 , but I just promised to keep his complaint in mind and it actually increased relation by 2 o_O . I haven't tried raiding another village, maybe he'll say "No, you promised!" and get -10 or something.
In my last game I retreated from a battle and one of my companions got pissed - i promised to not do it again. I then did it again and he brought up the fact and I lost a tonne of relation. So looks like there is a bit of work going on there.

Where and when? Need some sauce man, last I remember this didn’t make it just like alliances didn’t either. There was plenty of discussion about how it could help snowballing but in the end it wasn’t necessary to fix it
I'm not sure sure right now I'd have to take a look later.

In my last game I retreated from a battle and one of my companions got pissed - i promised to not do it again. I then did it again and he brought up the fact and I lost a tonne of relation. So looks like there is a bit of work going on there.

I'm not sure sure right now I'd have to take a look later.
I wonder if I make him a governor, would he still notice the raiding?

Ugh, I had forgotten about that bs…

To think I had expected Bannerlord to be at least as deep as the diplomacy mod for Warband…
Shrug - I expected Bannerlord to be a sequel to Warband; not a sequel to Warbands mods. Bannerlords mods will be the sequel to that.

perhaps I am too forgiving; but I only really need Bannerlord to be a good platform for mods. And I think it is (mostly) there for that purpose; at least for SP. We just need workshop and documentation.

Last edited:
Shrug - I expected Bannerlord to be a sequel to Warband; not a sequel to Warbands mods. Bannerlords mods will be the sequel to that.

perhaps I am too forgiving; but I only really need Bannerlord to be a good platform for mods. And I think it is (mostly) there for that purpose; at least for SP. We just need workshop and documentation.
Each to their own. For me, I only need Bannerlord to have everything good Warband had (not an unreasonable expectation for a sequel), plus the new stuff they promised, and be a good platform for mods. And also what's already in the game needs to work and be fun.

Kingdom Court and Ministers ... OR fully functional SENATE !! with senators debating and voting on policies / Laws .

Senator 1 " We need to change the Army, relying on Looter armies to defend out borders isn't working !!"
Senator 2 " but they are very CHEAP!! ..."
Senator 3 " are you willing to pay more for better troops ?..."
Senator 1 " .. no ... but we can get tax payers to pay the cost.."
All Senators " .. GREAT IDEA! .. lets vote .."

meanwhile elsewhere ..

Tax payer 1 "..did you feel a twing in your butt . "
tax payer 2 "..yeah ,like Deja Vu. from a nightmare.."

I spent quite a lot of time reading beta codes via dnspy, and I’m quite sad to see some frequently-requested features not seeing the release light.

Lord Dueling, Party ambush battles, Night town ambush missions, Archery + Horse racing + Jousting tournaments are already implemented yet hidden in 1.6.0, and I’d be excited to test them all no matter buggy they could be. But sad that somehow we, players, don’t have a strong voice in decision making even during EA.

Back
Top Bottom