Freelancer should be implemented into vanilla Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

I think your opinion is pretty disrespectful, that´s my opinion.
yup, a bit too disrespectful indeed.

I don't like too when a modder leaves and don't release the source so others may carry the torch but it's his mod and his decision in the end, just respect that or recreate that mod with your own code if you are that invested in having that particular feature.

Untitled-3.png

I think your opinion is pretty disrespectful, that´s my opinion.
So I'm sure you posted this meme in response to your own comment.

yup, a bit too disrespectful indeed.

I don't like too when a modder leaves and don't release the source so others may carry the torch but it's his mod and his decision in the end, just respect that or recreate that mod with your own code if you are that invested in having that particular feature.
It expressly says "with all due respect" and that is not in any way meant cynically. But I don't think the word you're looking for is "disrespectful", I think you're looking for "confrontational". In that case yes, guilty as charged. Never claimed for it to be anything but.

Last edited:
Metafa what mods have you done? You sound as a spoiled kid or as a troll / AW. Defenetly not as someone with 20 years of coding experience.

Metafa what mods have you done? You sound as a spoiled kid or as a troll / AW. Defenetly not as someone with 20 years of coding experience.
Yessssss, attacks on the person when he talk about a substantive matter, that's exactly what I come here for :mrgreen: really missed this. I could answer with something like "and you don't sound like someone who types messages on a computer keyboard all by himself" or something like that but I think that's childish, I will just let this one slide not to let this discussion go off the rails by distraction and put the focus back on the fact that this person creates a mod, then declares out of nowhere he will definitely never update it and also - to make sure it has maximum punishment effect on the company that graciously permitted him to code mods for their game in the first place by snubbing their customers - will not publish the non-commercial source code.

graciously permitted him to code mods for their game
That's not how this works. And if this is actually your real perspective on things, then I don't even know what to say to you, because your view is far removed from reality.

Being able to mod a game is not a privilege. The willingness to do so is doing the company an enormous service, one that they should be thankful for, not the other way around.

That's not how this works. And if this is actually your real perspective on things, then I don't even know what to say to you, because your view is far removed from reality.

Being able to mod a game is not a privilege. The willingness to do so is doing the company an enormous service, one that they should be thankful for, not the other way around.
Unfortunately you're wrong, at least legally. The guy reverse compiled/engineered - thus decompiled their dll libraries to check what's in them and coded based on that and that is in most cases not allowed - a clause in every commercial software's terms of service. And "logically" the favor still goes out from TW to the modder as he does not pay for the access and it reasonably cannot be presumed that an individual modder will have a great impact on the games sales. In this particular case you know what I'm willing to admit it does - but even in this case as he has no commercial interest to do this it can be assumed he does the modding to implement a behavior he personally missed in native and thereby fulfills his own desire with his coding. But now that he published it, it's precisely why I think what I already wrote before applies here. He tries to punish the company for not having given him the kind of access he wishes for - which he isn't entitled to legally in the first place. So it's a form of blackmail. As TW - as far as I understand, not a lawyer - practically waived their right to not have the libraries protected from decompilation, even "actively tolerates" it and didn't require the uploading and maintenance of mods nor publication of source code, it's not blackmail in legal terms, just a non-criminal/practical form of blackmail in my opinion which from my perspective as a player in this case is just marginally less dishonest. Your opinion can and may differ, I'm not here to tell you what to think of it. I'm just offering an opinion that @Bloc has to accept as out there.

Last edited:
Being able to mod a game is not a privilege.
The privilege would come from whether or not the game company actively supports modding. If you want to mod a game you can mod a game, however, if a company is actively working to ensure that modding is easier for you that is a privilege. This is something that TW is in the ongoing process of doing for modders, with 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 expanding upon the abilities that modders already had.

Yessssss, attacks on the person when he talk about a substantive matter, that's exactly what I come here for :mrgreen: really missed this. I could answer with something like "and you don't sound like someone who types messages on a computer keyboard all by himself" or something like that but I think that's childish, I will just let this one slide not to let this discussion go off the rails by distraction and put the focus back on the fact that this person creates a mod, then declares out of nowhere he will definitely never update it and also - to make sure it has maximum punishment effect on the company that graciously permitted him to code mods for their game in the first place by snubbing their customers - will not publish the non-commercial source code.
He is not a game dev. If he wants to stop, it might be a shame for those who enjoyed his mods but he is in absolutely no obligation to keep it alive. It’s a lot of work, for free and out of his time.

Just because you enjoyed the mod doesn’t give him an incentive to work on it if he doesn’t like it himself. A mature reaction would have been to express your sadness without calling him out in the manner you did, as it makes you appear quite entitled (hence the hostility here).

He didn’t have to delete your message, but honestly I understand why he would.

Any mod around here, painfully improved/updated, is out there of the modders’ good will. That’s it.

He is not a game dev. If he wants to stop, it might be a shame for those who enjoyed his mods but he is in absolutely no obligation to keep it alive. It’s a lot of work, for free and out of his time.

Just because you enjoyed the mod doesn’t give him an incentive to work on it if he doesn’t like it himself. A mature reaction would have been to express your sadness without calling him out in the manner you did, as it makes you appear quite entitled (hence the hostility here).

He didn’t have to delete your message, but honestly I understand why he would.

Any mod around here, painfully improved/updated, is out there of the modders’ good will. That’s it.
I don't see why you would remove a message offering an opinion that you disagree with. The other part of your message I respect as much as my own.

I don't see why you would remove a message offering an opinion that you disagree with. The other part of your message I respect as much as my own.
I haven’t seen the original, so I can’t judge on its contents or form.

Perhaps out of frustration, I have noticed bloc is more on edge. You would probably have been better off PMing tho, it’s not like we have the full picture here…

I haven’t seen the original, so I can’t judge on its contents or form.

Perhaps out of frustration, I have noticed bloc is more on edge. You would probably have been better off PMing tho, it’s not like we have the full picture here…
Thank you for answering with substance. You're probably right about the full picture. Of course I can only judge the situation from how it is presented publicly...

I really don´t get this guy, he´s mad because Bloc made a good mod and didn´t want to update it anymore or share his source code?

Both is totally fine and only his own decision. I mean I also would like to have a good freelancer mod but we as players are in no position to demand anything from modders.

And TW didn´t do him a favor...Bloc did TW and us players a favor. So create your own mod instead of demanding from Bloc to release the source code...

Last edited:
It expressly says "with all due respect" and that is not in any way meant cynically. But I don't think the word you're looking for is "disrespectful", I think you're looking for "confrontational". In that case yes, guilty as charged. Never claimed for it to be anything but.

Everything following "with all due respect" is always disrespectful. You just dont want the repercussions.
And using "confrontational" while describing yourself means you want to be an *******. But again, without having the repercussions.

I really don´t get this guy, he´s mad because Bloc made a good mod and didn´t want to update it anymore or share his source code?

Both is totally fine and only his own decision. I mean I also would like to have a good freelancer mod but we as players are in no position to demand anything from modders.

And TW didn´t do him a favor...Bloc did TW and us players a favor. So create your own mod instead of demanding from Bloc to release the source code...
Just for the record for the admins/mods: I said what I wanted to say, if Bloc doesn't answer, then I don't need to talk further. But if you're gonna restart this discussion with "I really don't get this guy.." then I sense all you're trying to do is incite sentiment. You know what, fine, but hopefully the admin wrath won't come down on me alone.
See it this way: We could be playing the current version of BL with improving sieges with Freelancer, if this guy didn't try and lead some kind of pointless crusade and just published the source code - which won't bring him ANY money whatsoever in any legal way (it's impossible, believe me I checked). IF he did that chances are high with a couple of changes in a couple of lines of code his mod would be working with 1.6.1, there would be enough enthusiasm to make it working, I myself would look into it. Thus there is a ready and working mod laying around which probably only needs a few function parameter fixes or something of the kind. It won't bring the author any money one way or another and it's only laying around so TW (the players) are punished for ... who knows what he is really angry about.

Everything following "with all due respect" is always disrespectful. You just dont want the repercussions.
And using "confrontational" while describing yourself means you want to be an *******. But again, without having the repercussions.

I see the snowflake commando in this forum is slowly encroaching upon this thread. Oh there's something I always tried to find a situation for saying, now I see my moment come: "I've been expecting you!" Daaammn I said it, feels so epic!

Last edited:
As much as I love Broc for making these awesome mods, he should have released the source code if hes given up modding this game. In fact, someone could (if knowledgeable enough) copy his mod and move on from there developing it (whether he gave permission or not).

Back
Top Bottom