Beta Branch with Telemetry Tools

Users who are viewing this thread

@Callum It looks like Taleworlds update this performance testing branch. Shouldn't you announce it to everyone so that they know?
I had spoken to devops about it yesterday and then had to prep for the german stream for GC. Just didn't get around to giving Callum a shout.

This branch is now using version 1.5.1. The upload issues *should* also be resolved.

Just as a general heads-up, we seek to keep this branch up to date with the live version of the game. This means it is currently running version 1.5.9. (It is probably a hotfix behind, but I have inquired about getting it checked and updated.)

Have you guys considered offering the performance branch as a separate entry within libraries? So people don't have to update over their vanilla one and redownload 30gb worth of content every time? It could help a lot, not just for the devs, but for the users and their willingness.

Have you guys considered offering the performance branch as a separate entry within libraries? So people don't have to update over their vanilla one and redownload 30gb worth of content every time? It could help a lot, not just for the devs, but for the users and their willingness.
Would've been nice since I, for example, don't want to re-download the whole game once more...

Hey everyone,

we have updated perf_test to 1.6.0 and introduced perf_test_beta with 1.6.1. If you are experiencing performance issues on either version, it would greatly help us if you recorded and submitted them as described in the OP.

Hey everyone,

we have updated perf_test to 1.6.0 and introduced perf_test_beta with 1.6.1. If you are experiencing performance issues on either version, it would greatly help us if you recorded and submitted them as described in the OP.
@Lesbosisles @Dreed89 @Brentimus Maximus i saw you guys were having performance issues with 1.6.0 and 1.6.1, the performance test branch just got updated…Sending a file to TW should help

@Lesbosisles @Dreed89 @Brentimus Maximus i saw you guys were having performance issues with 1.6.0 and 1.6.1, the performance test branch just got updated…Sending a file to TW should help
Thanks, man. I had already submitted a detailed post with telemetry data for 1.5.10 or something in the past. It only got a little better, and now is worse again.

Starting to lose hope. :smile: Maybe I will do again for 1.6.1 if I can find time. Thanks...

Tried to upload a test file throughout the day but from immediate connection reset after uploading, to site can't be reached, I wasn't able to.

Regardless, In my case I can tell what's causing the FPS drops. It's the loading of assets, the game staggers every time it needs to load assets. From constant fps drops while in the campaign map to the slow load of assets at beginning of tournaments and battles (even though the tournaments and battles are fluid once all soldiers and map assets have been loaded). In trade, the game moves sluggish while it tries to load item icons but proceeds to go fluid once all icons have been loaded. It is worse in 1.6.1 than it was in 1.6.0 though.

I dont have actual issues but Id like the game to run smoother, espeically in MP, will this help towards optimizing the game? Ill run it if thats the case. AMD hardware

Kinda hard to provide evidence when the stuttering is only an issue with high population servers. TDM, Siege, and Battle get bad after 40ish people. Game wont even start when I select perf_test,

Kinda hard to provide evidence when the stuttering is only an issue with high population servers. TDM, Siege, and Battle get bad after 40ish people. Game wont even start when I select perf_test,
Start Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord/bin/Win64_shipping_client/Taleworlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Multiplayer.exe

We have updated the perf_test branch to 1.0.2 version. As an additional information, Multiplayer can be playable too from that branch.

We have just opened another beta branch with additional telemetry tools that will help us understand and fix more complicated performance issues. If you are experiencing performance issues at any stage of the game and would like to help us resolve it, you can:
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.
Thank you!

Now 7950X3D is coming out, 32G memory is not unattainable, PCIE4.0 is going out of date, PCIE5.0 will meet us, 13G/S transmission rate, network speed per second has reached 1000M, 4090 video card can not afford to buy 4080 video card or 7900XTX, what do you want to test when you open this branch? Is it necessary to add some super updated content

Back
Top Bottom