The game is actually worse. How?

Users who are viewing this thread

This game is still in a shallow state 1 year in. They were smart enough to throw an "early access" label on the game unlike Cyberbug 2077 I'll give em that. But the game is held together by boogers instead of glue. The fact that they break every mod with every minor update is hilarious, its the sole reason why 90% of the mods that made this game great are dead, modders moved on after they got tired of the game (and so quickly too!)

You just have to give the orders before they start to flee, I allways have my archers horses following me and when it happens I chase them. And not having other units to get in the way causes almost everyone to get killed.

Inaccurate thread title. The game is getting better. Way too slowly for anyone's liking, but it is improving. I'm not worried on that front.

My actual worries are:
* Will development take so long that something happens to Taleworlds before the game is done? Turkey is experiencing economic instability, after all.
* Will development take so long that the general public loses enough interest to drastically reduce the potential of multiplayer and the modding community?
* Will TW declare the game "finished" and end development before they have fixed the majority of its problems, implemented the promised features, and implemented missing Warband features?

That last one is the big one, especially considering they have not made a commitment to any of the Warband features that are still missing.

My actual worries are:
* Will development take so long that something happens to Taleworlds before the game is done? Turkey is experiencing economic instability, after all.
* Will development take so long that the general public loses enough interest to drastically reduce the potential of multiplayer and the modding community?
* Will TW declare the game "finished" and end development before they have fixed the majority of its problems, implemented the promised features, and implemented missing Warband features?

That last one is the big one, especially considering they have not made a commitment to any of the Warband features that are still missing.
1) Won´t happen, this game is a huge success. They should have sold enough copies.
2) I don´t think so, I haven´t seen a lot of articles about Bannerlord in the last 12 months. So I wouldn´t say that there was much public interest in the game in the last months. Bannerlord will get some fresh hype when they announce the release.
3) That´s my biggest fear, future will tell.

Outside of riding around on a horse and eye candy, pretty much every feature in the game is half-assed. The main story, diplomacy, banners, many quests (e.g. prison-break), smithing, marriage, companions, relationships, workshops, settlement management, sieges. The remaining features that we could expect to help bring the game to life are missing and we can probably expect those to be half-assed as well.

I think the key, as someone said earlier, is to have extremely low expectations. They will continue to make mostly chicken-**** releases that barely incrementally improve the game until they push some polished turd 1.0 across the table to the consumer. Hopefully they will have enough sense to un**** their mod support so that the adults can clean up their mess.

It's really disappointing because there was an opportunity here to build an absolute masterpiece.

More and more I see people around the internet saying they've lost interest or are losing hope in this game, even guys like this who are generally optimistic ...
people that have been working on promising looking mods for months giving up, already released mods which improve the game being abandoned. Just feels like such a shame, especially since this is the only game I'm really interested in. By the time it's 'released' I'm gonna have no time in my life to play it.

Will TW declare the game "finished" and end development before they have fixed the majority of its problems, implemented the promised features, and implemented missing Warband features?
TW doing this has been my prediction ever since last summer, and with the passing of a year, it's only looked more and more like that.
More and more I see people around the internet saying they've lost interest or are losing hope in this game, even guys like this who are generally optimistic ...
people that have been working on promising looking mods for months giving up, already released mods which improve the game being abandoned. Just feels like such a shame, especially since this is the only game I'm really interested in. By the time it's 'released' I'm gonna have no time in my life to play it.

The game is just so repetitive and grindy, it gets extremely old after a while. If I was a modder I wouldn't want to bother with having to deal with TW's updates and lack of promise either.

Implying these kinds of channels aren't just there to milk the game for views

I'm pretty sure that's actually what Taleworlds wants. They want players lost their interest/expectations completely in Bannerlord so that they can rush everything and just release the game then work their new petty project full focus.

Implying these kinds of channels aren't just there to milk the game for views
Didn't know I'm considered as one of "those" channels already :smile:

More and more I see people around the internet saying they've lost interest or are losing hope in this game, even guys like this who are generally optimistic
Let's be real here, the game does seem to go into the right direction, but if you get constantly slapped in the face with sentences like "too complex" or "not many players will experience this" it makes you think what the final product will look like.

it makes you think what the final product will look like.
Not that much different from what we got today, that´s the sad thing.

What we know which major things we will get:

- Banners / Battle Order System
- Terrain Battle Maps
- Siege / Battle AI improvements
- A follow up post from Callum

And what else is confirmed? Of course they will polish/improve other things that are already in the game but that seems to be all.

EDIT:

I forgot the pre battle placement of troops, at least I think they´re still working on it.

Last edited:
And what else is confirmed?

Ingame cutscenes for different events:

Untitled-1.png

Not a real major feature which adds more than immersion (which the game also lacks) for me. Don´t get me wrong, I´m not saying it´s bad, those cutscenes are nice.

And what else is confirmed?
They said they wanted every 'center' to have a unique scene, every village, town, castle and so on. We will see, though.

They have made some progress on this but there is still a lot to go and is honestly some of the biggest bulk of the work left outside of the other major missing features like a fully functioning dynasty system.

In 2016 around when they mentioned that the game would be out in some form that year they were asked how much of the world/scene work was complete at a prominent gaming convention, they said something along the lines of 20% if I remember right. At that point I knew it was not coming out in any form that year other than in our dreams, no matter what they said.

Last edited:
They said they wanted every 'center' to have a unique scene, every village, town, castle and so on. We will see, though.
Yes, but this also won´t add any real gameplay value. Sure it´s very nice to have unique scenes but there still isn´t anything to do in those scenes.

Back
Top Bottom