Marriage - please make it less "random"

Users who are viewing this thread

Additional ladies were added throughout the course of development to facilitate a sustainable population.
That makes sense, and I don't think any misogyny was intended, but is there any expansion of the marriage system or courting in the works, to make it feel less... degrading and chancy? Intentionally or unintentionally it just feels incredibly shallow and weird at the moment.
UndertakerCasket.jpg

This thread never got enough traction to be noticed by the devs I guess. I still think it would be cool if they would rework the marriage system but there is more important stuff to focus on at the moment I think.
By my beard, welcome back!

That makes sense, and I don't think any misogyny was intended, but is there any expansion of the marriage system or courting in the works, to make it feel less... degrading and chancy? Intentionally or unintentionally it just feels incredibly shallow and weird at the moment.

"Let's conquer a castle together! You know, as a date. It's very romantic."

On a semi-related note they did mention they are working on marriage cut-scenes in another thread. Although I could not help but chuckle as it read a little like Portal dialogue, 'all your friends will be there', uh huh, is there a cake and is everyone waiting for me too?

I think best thing for marriage will be, that a lady was kidnapped in a hideout and you need to rescue her and thereby win her heart, or she gives you a challenge or a quest like for example to win a tournament (too hard?) defeat an army, capture a fief, etc....
This is how it was done in an old game called "Defender of the Crown" a lady was kidnaped, you rescued her and married her. if they could do that in a 1986 DOS game. I think it shouldn't be so hard to do it in Bannerlord.

Last edited:
I think best thing for marriage will be, that a lady was kidnapped in a hideout and you need to rescue her and thereby win her heart, or she gives you a challenge or a quest like for example to win a tournament (too hard?) defeat an army, capture a fief, etc....
This is how it was done in an old game called "Defender of the Crown" a lady was kidnaped, you rescued her and married her. if they could do that in a 1986 DOS game. I think it shouldn't be so hard to do it in Bannerlord.

And I think the best thing would be to kidnap a lady and hold her in a hideout till Stockholm Syndrome kicks in and then marry her.

Or court her. Works either way.

BTW, sometimes in the second marriage persuasion attempt after you succeeded in the first one you only need two successes (two out of three), you see two circle and in other you see three circles and need three successes (three out of three). can someone explain in which cases we see three and in which cases we see two? maybe someone from TaleWorld can help us on this?

BTW, sometimes in the second marriage persuasion attempt after you succeeded in the first one you only need two successes (two out of three), you see two circle and in other you see three circles and need three successes (three out of three). can someone explain in which cases we see three and in which cases we see two? maybe someone from TaleWorld can help us on this?
I think if you get critical success in one of the dialogues you have less checks needed after. Idunnu but I think it's all together credit needed to end the dialogue favorable or unfavorably and a critical failure can cause you to lose it too, even if it's only 2 out of 3 needed to finish.

Hello,

I will marry you tomorrow MostBlunted. I will see to the preparations immediatly.

Love,

Your spouse michi

Back
Top Bottom