The game is actually worse. How?

Users who are viewing this thread

The useless series of comments (not related to the thread or the game) and memes you write take up more space than one of my links, yet I don't see you waging war with each other.
I would say that the two weights and two measures are in fashion.

To be fair and actually serious, people tend to lower expectations over time to a more realistic level, so relatively speaking 1.6 was pretty good and they keep trying to sort out siege problems. So people on the forum are generally pleased with the incremental progress at the moment.
Only if you are looking at the big picture, nothing they can realistically do at this point will be good enough, but then you should probably move on.
Thats true. But to think that "kinda fixing the siege battles but not really" is good progress after one year of EA, you have to set your expectations to rock bottom. Not that my expectations are any higher but still...

Thats true. But to think that "kinda fixing the siege battles but not really" is good progress after one year of EA, you have to set your expectations to rock bottom. Not that my expectations are any higher but still...
I dunno. I feel people just glass over the major updates sometimes. Like the last patch added keep battles (a new major feature), Kingdom Decision Flavour (A new Immersion Feature), and the New tax collection mission - which plays out like a series of Crusader Kings style events. (really nice immersion quest which is really good for ranking up notable relations)

I just started a new Southern Empire run and having a blast. It's been a long time coming - but I feel this quote is becoming more and more relevant;

why don't you just report it as a bug and I am sure it will be fixed... there will always be bugs, while we are in EA it's a great chance to for the players community to find and report bugs and then hopefully enjoy a released game with less bugs.
What he describes was intentional nerf to HA by TW. People were whining too much that Khuzaits are too OP so they nerfed them in dumbest way possible - no joke. It is literally change to one or two lines of code, we just reverted it back and tweaked it a litle bit in RBM.

I dunno. I feel people just glass over the major updates sometimes.
glass over the major updates because they're going in the wrong direction, personally i don't know what to think of it anymore. A niche genre turned mainstream with the focus of only attending to the casual gamers, very hard for the original core players to find an in-between of what they'd enjoy in the game.

but as for the recent updates, they've been pretty good for what its worth, but nothing eye-catching really.

The fact people are glazing over receiving peace offers from enemy kingdoms is interesting.

I think if they had followed through with opening an alpha version people would have a much more clear vision of what’s actually being worked on. We know there are features which have been in development for the majority of EA and haven’t been released yet so at some point we’ll get some nice content. They just seem to want to be hush about the progress so we don’t rip into them for more false promises. A few things that have been mentioned:

Order of battle (prebattle deployment and banners)
Location specific maps
Intra-kingdom politics

the real question is if they can actually achieve what they want

Last edited:
i wish they add some micromanagement over towns and castles so i can raise its prosperty so i be proud of it and erry1 else be jelly

Can we talk about the downplay of combat AI? now I haven't touched this game in a year, but only a few weeks ago I went into custom battles to see what all the thus was about.. and I saw it with my very own eyes and the disappointment I felt was immeasurable. My horse archers charged straight into the melee line, it was as if something Crassus could only wish for at Carrhae, except in this universe the Parthians fell faster than flies!

what the hell happened??
That's why I only have one command for horse archers. Follow me.

The fact people are glazing over receiving peace offers from enemy kingdoms is interesting.

I think if they had followed through with opening an alpha version people would have a much more clear vision of what’s actually being worked on. We know there are features which have been in development for the majority of EA and haven’t been released yet so at some point we’ll get some nice content. They just seem to want to be hush about the progress so we don’t rip into them for more false promises. A few things that have been mentioned:

Order of battle (prebattle deployment and banners)
Location specific maps
Inter-kingdom politics

the real question is if they can actually achieve what they want
Do you remember where the inter-kingdom politics thing was mentioned? I thought that was something they weren't bothering with at all.

What he describes was intentional nerf to HA by TW. People were whining too much that Khuzaits are too OP so they nerfed them in dumbest way possible - no joke. It is literally change to one or two lines of code, we just reverted it back and tweaked it a litle bit in RBM.
I created a custom battle with 100 khans guard vs 100 druznik champions in 1.6.0, the khan guards crushed the druznik. so they are still very strong. btw, I also did 100 khan guads vs 100 fian champions, again the khan guard crushed the fian champions. so they are still very strong. unless you mean in 1.6.1. in that case I don't know because I got my game from GOG which doesn't support beta versions.

Do you remember where the inter-kingdom politics thing was mentioned? I thought that was something they weren't bothering with at all.
There is already a design in the works related to this but it's early to talk about it(and not my place to talk about it since I'm not the one in charge of those changes). Our design team recognize this aspect of the decision making mechanic and working on a new design.

They understand that players feel powerless in situations where even though they have the influence/power to change decision outcomes, they have no way of doing it while the decision making is taking place. This can include swaying voters that are supporting other outcomes, or even lords who are "undecided". And since the player can do this, AI lords can also sway other lords too, depending on their influence in the kingdom.

This is my take on it and might change in the future but know that we're planning on changing some aspects of the decision making in kingdoms.
Take it with a grain of salt though, we technically don’t have confirmation on if they’ve been able to take it past the idea stage

The game is definitely better than it was at the start. But it was an incredibly unfinished and rough foundation when it launched, and most people were under the impression that the game had significant additions and further development in the works. This has not happened. The game really isn't very different than it was at launch, and it is nowhere near its true potential. We've had mostly just "patches" rather than true updates adding significant features.

glass over the major updates because they're going in the wrong direction, personally i don't know what to think of it anymore. A niche genre turned mainstream with the focus of only attending to the casual gamers, very hard for the original core players to find an in-between of what they'd enjoy in the game.

but as for the recent updates, they've been pretty good for what its worth, but nothing eye-catching really.
Can you give an example of an update you disagreed with? It's your opinion so there is no debating it - I just personally find recent updates have been quite strong at following community feedback (modding, sieges etc)

Can you give an example of an update you disagreed with? It's your opinion so there is no debating it - I just personally find recent updates have been quite strong at following community feedback (modding, sieges etc)
One issue is what MostBlunted wrote, but I can give another bug that was added in the updates and they refuse to fix claiming that it's a feature, although it ruined the immersive feeling of the game:

I'll actually contribute one myself to be in good faith. I don't like the fact that minor faction troops cap at tier 4. Makes collecting them feel pointless.

I still don´t understand why TW thought that taking away the command options when the enemies flee would improve the game, but it´s only a minor issue but shouldn´t be an issue at all.
i could be wrong but even though you could give commands im sure it was like only half if that of your troops would follow the command as most were cheering (again it has been a while so i could be rembering wrong)

i could be wrong but even though you could give commands im sure it was like only half if that of your troops would follow the command as most were cheering (again it has been a while so i could be rembering wrong)
Indeed. I presume this was implemented so that enemy armies could actually flee without being slaughted to a man everytime.

Back
Top Bottom