The game is actually worse. How?

Users who are viewing this thread

StewVader

Sergeant
Haven't posted or played in a while....

Tried 1.6.1 - couldn't believe how bad the game still is even after all this time.

Same problems since basically day 1:

No immersion
No RPG elements
Nothing to do outside of war - don't say do quest, just please don't; the quest are not in any way enjoyable
Diplomacy is so haphazard and nonsensical - decisions seem totally random
Victories do not feel rewarding because AI comes right back
No real intra-kingdom politics or real ways to influence anything other than "influence mana" and even then...its just BAD! Could we get some internal politics FFS
No good dialog or meaningful relations system
Still jacked up sieges
(WTF have they been doing for 1+ year???)

This game basically has nothing that you would expect from a game of this size and scope - other than the combat. But the enjoyment of combat and battles is immediately lost knowing that your victory's mean basically nothing. Either the AI comes back with a full army, or the kings declares peace before any real advantage can be pressed.

Honestly, how the F are we so far out from the launch of the beta, with no meaningful improvements to the game? HOW IS IT STILL SO BAD?

I tried, buts its still just such a "meh" experience. I'm 100% convinced nobody at FAILWORLDS even plays the game.

I wish they would sell this IP to a studio that actually gave a damn.

Well, the battle part is the selling and focus part of this game and it is very good and very enjoyable compared with other games - for example in CK, there is no battle first person experience at all. and if you want to conquer fiefs and hold them this means you need to defeat a number of armies again and again. the fact they raise armies again and again was done to my understanding on purpose. The AI is getting bonus to recruitment and starts his parties with free troops. I am guessing that the reason is that human player and computer player are still not in the same level and you need to, at least temporally give bonuses to the computer to counter balance the player intelligence. As a 13 years programmer I am guessing the reason the AI is not so good that it requires these bonuses is that it's hard to implement a good AI in a real-time game. you want the AI to think and react while your horse is riding on the map without the game stopping and telling you "wait, the AI hasn't decided what do yet and need more time to think" like in a turn based game.

Why don't you be more specific on what can be improved? can you write examples on how we can get better in each of the sections that you wrote? if so, I am guessing that the game product managers will take that into consideration taking into account budget, other urgent matters like bugs and then try to help.

Why don't you be more specific on what can be improved? can you write examples on how we can get better in each of the sections that you wrote? if so, I am guessing that the game product managers will take that into consideration taking into account budget, other urgent matters like bugs and then try to help.
There have been tons of posts highlighting things that can be added to make the game feel more alive. Bannerlord lacks a lot of immersion features in general, feels very bland. That's fine though, I think at this point they're just looking to make a solid foundation that modders can build on.

To be fair they are on the right track. 1.6.1 isn´t that bad. Let´s hope they continue and that 1.6.2 will bring in some new features (Banners please).

Can we talk about the downplay of combat AI? now I haven't touched this game in a year, but only a few weeks ago I went into custom battles to see what all the thus was about.. and I saw it with my very own eyes and the disappointment I felt was immeasurable. My horse archers charged straight into the melee line, it was as if something Crassus could only wish for at Carrhae, except in this universe the Parthians fell faster than flies!

what the hell happened??

To be fair they are on the right track. 1.6.1 isn´t that bad. Let´s hope they continue and that 1.6.2 will bring in some new features (Banners please).
idk when but one of the devs said Banners are coming but they are worked into the order of battle system. Im hoping it is to do with morale and the likes but could be wrong

Can we talk about the downplay of combat AI? now I haven't touched this game in a year, but only a few weeks ago I went into custom battles to see what all the thus was about.. and I saw it with my very own eyes and the disappointment I felt was immeasurable. My horse archers charged straight into the melee line, it was as if something Crassus could only wish for at Carrhae, except in this universe the Parthians fell faster than flies!

what the hell happened??
why don't you just report it as a bug and I am sure it will be fixed... there will always be bugs, while we are in EA it's a great chance to for the players community to find and report bugs and then hopefully enjoy a released game with less bugs.

idk when but one of the devs said Banners are coming but they are worked into the order of battle system. Im hoping it is to do with morale and the likes but could be wrong
I know, but they´re working on them since like May 2020. I think they should even add them even without the order of battle system. Banners just look nice, I mean the Banner mods on Nexus are popular. So just give us Banners even without anything behind them. Would improve battefield immersion.

why don't you just report it as a bug and I am sure it will be fixed... there will always be bugs, while we are in EA it's a great chance to for the players community to find and report bugs and then hopefully enjoy a released game with less bugs.
Because it isn’t a bug. It was made this way on purpose to nerf HA.

MEGATHREAD: darksoulshin's suggestions

In the link I sent you I wrote quite a few threads to suggest improvements.
All threads are linked and tend to balance current aspects of the game and any imbalances that may arise in introducing a given mechanic.
In general, I wanted to expand the number of game mechanics in both hand-to-hand combat, tactics and strategy.

They are threads that go into great detail but try to use assets already present in the game (where possible).
On diplomacy I would simply not write anything and I would tell him to copy what CK2 and total war three kingdoom go, adapting it to this game and the mechanics within it.

491142.jpg

He’s back! You’ve been sorely missed.

OT, I’ve been very pleasantly surprised by 1.6.0, but wasn’t that fond of 1.6.1 at first. A lot of visual glitches, purple untextured patches in the field and things like that. But its beta. So those things will get patched up. Besides that, keep battles are great and look stunning, sieges are a lot more challenging and I’ve noticed a lot of conversation upgrades, text and challenge wise.

So, right track? Absolutely. Lets just hope they add on a couple more features.

Give them a bit of slack! Man I really don't like these people being so pessimistic about the game. I mean they added new sheep models and barber shops to the game. Thats something isn't it? Just give it time man!

The first time?
I believe in you! Both in your ability to stay clean (and eventually become a moderator through your thorough knowledge of forum rules and policies) and the ability to get banned again, preferably for a good one-liner! :smile:
Give them a bit of slack! Man I really don't like these people being so pessimistic about the game. I mean they added new sheep models and barber shops to the game. Thats something isn't it? Just give it time man!
To be fair and actually serious, people tend to lower expectations over time to a more realistic level, so relatively speaking 1.6 was pretty good and they keep trying to sort out siege problems. So people on the forum are generally pleased with the incremental progress at the moment.
Only if you are looking at the big picture, nothing they can realistically do at this point will be good enough, but then you should probably move on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom