How to get other lords to join you?

Users who are viewing this thread

might be that the ruler's relation to the lord you're trying to convince to join you is higher than you. eventually as time goes it'll decrease and it'll get easier.
that couldve been, Ive finally gotten a few to join. have had to pay around 750k to get them tho

It getting really frustrating because every time I take a castle I have no one to give it to and on top of that I can't form armies or anything to really compete. Would love to know if anyone else is having these issues.
I had similar issues and until it's improved upon you need mods to solve this. Get the mod allegiance overhaul, it's a great addition which should be vanilla and includes lords and mercs requesting to join your kingdom instead of you having to chase them up yourself, you can also get a mod to promote either companions or family members to vassals (lordsfromfamily for example) this will allow you to promote within instead of other kingdom lords.

Yeah something must be wrong with my game. I just added 80,000,000 and am still getting the same response.
How big is your faction? Look at the diplomacy screen and see how much power you have compared to theirs. You need power too. Even with no feif and relations they don't want to join a wimpy little faction unless you pay through the nose.

might be that the ruler's relation to the lord you're trying to convince to join you is higher than you. eventually as time goes it'll decrease and it'll get easier.
Yeah Ive finally gotten a few, but I was trying with lords who I had 90+ relation to. Was definitely hard getting the first one

I had similar issues and until it's improved upon you need mods to solve this. Get the mod allegiance overhaul, it's a great addition which should be vanilla and includes lords and mercs requesting to join your kingdom instead of you having to chase them up yourself, you can also get a mod to promote either companions or family members to vassals (lordsfromfamily for example) this will allow you to promote within instead of other kingdom lords.
Thank you, ill deff check those mods out

How big is your faction? Look at the diplomacy screen and see how much power you have compared to theirs. You need power too. Even with no feif and relations they don't want to join a wimpy little faction unless you pay through the nose.
at the time, I had solo taken over 3 castles I think? My influence was 2110, clan tier 5, renown 2406. What do you mean by power? Ive since gotten a few lords to join, have had to pay around 500-750k for each one tho

at the time, I had solo taken over 3 castles I think? My influence was 2110, clan tier 5, renown 2406. What do you mean by power? Ive since gotten a few lords to join, have had to pay around 500-750k for each one tho
The power of you faction is roughly the power of all field parties and garrison troops (not militia), if you look at the diplomacy screen it's the top bar comparing strength of 2 factions. This is something that effects the price of vassals joining you and the likeliness of them leaving you faction. As you can more vassals the power goes up and it becomes noticeably easier/cheaper. I'm not sure if hiring merc clans increases the power for this though.

The power of you faction is roughly the power of all field parties and garrison troops (not militia), if you look at the diplomacy screen it's the top bar comparing strength of 2 factions. This is something that effects the price of vassals joining you and the likeliness of them leaving you faction. As you can more vassals the power goes up and it becomes noticeably easier/cheaper. I'm not sure if hiring merc clans increases the power for this though.
ahhh thats fair, yeah at the time I was all alone, with 2-3 castles claimed. It was just getting to the point where I couldnt keep trying to take castles/cities because when I would take one, the other would get seiged, if I went there to stop it, then the one I just took would then get seiged, and back and forth lol I finally got my first lord for 750k gold which seems a little steep. At one point I cheated myself 80 mil gold and was still getting denied by most lords. Idk, I like how its not as easy as warband to get lords to join, but seem like they might want to tweek it just a little bit. Feel like there is no reason a lord I have 90+ relation with, 80 mil gold, decent influence/renown, who also has no fiefs, should just flat out be saying no, ya feel me?

ahhh thats fair, yeah at the time I was all alone, with 2-3 castles claimed. It was just getting to the point where I couldnt keep trying to take castles/cities because when I would take one, the other would get seiged, if I went there to stop it, then the one I just took would then get seiged, and back and forth lol I finally got my first lord for 750k gold which seems a little steep. At one point I cheated myself 80 mil gold and was still getting denied by most lords. Idk, I like how its not as easy as warband to get lords to join, but seem like they might want to tweek it just a little bit. Feel like there is no reason a lord I have 90+ relation with, 80 mil gold, decent influence/renown, who also has no fiefs, should just flat out be saying no, ya feel me?
And I mainly say that because If you have to pay 750k+ gold just for your first lord to join, that is asking a lot out of brand new faction who is all alone. On top of that, I believe someone said you need 2-3 times what they want just for the dialogue option to come up. So for me, I needed 3+ million gold just to get the option to convince one lord to join me. IMO seems a bit excessive. I had max workshops and caravans, and even then I was only at about 300k gold. I was also getting into smithing which I know is serious money but still.

And I mainly say that because If you have to pay 750k+ gold just for your first lord to join, that is asking a lot out of brand new faction who is all alone. On top of that, I believe someone said you need 2-3 times what they want just for the dialogue option to come up. So for me, I needed 3+ million gold just to get the option to convince one lord to join me. IMO seems a bit excessive. I had max workshops and caravans, and even then I was only at about 300k gold. I was also getting into smithing which I know is serious money but still.
Yeah that's about right. IMO the game does a bad job of informing the player how to make a kingdom. Really you want to be a vassal (or solo bully clan) and eventually have multiple towns and castles being near the size of a faction and save up millions of money over longer span of the game maybe 10+ year of game even. However many players will assume that they can just break off with a castle or 2 when they hit clan rank 4 and everything will be honky dory, but it's just not so. Player's often have the impression that relations alone would get them vassals or even that clans will come to them (as in warband) but this isn't so too.

Last edited:
Yeah that's about right. IMO the game does a bad job of informing the player how to make a kingdom. Really you want to be a vassal (or solo bully clan) and eventually have multiple towns and castles being near the size of a faction and save up millions of money over longer span of the game maybe 10+ year of game even. However many players will assume that they can't just break off with a castle or 2 when they hit clan rank 4 and everything will be honky dory, but it's just not so. Player's often have the impression that relations alone would get them vassals or even that clans will come to them (as in warband) but this isn't so too.
100% Agreed, I definitely thought a few castles would be enough to start my own kingdom and at least get one lord to join me, which wasnt the case at all. I believe I was around 29-30 years old in game at the time of all this happening so maybe I shouldve waited a little longer to acuire more fiefs and money. But at the same time, I wanted to leave plenty of time to marry/have kids and eventually fight with them so I didnt want to wait too long.I think the system deff could use a couple tweaks but all around not too awful, deff more realistic than warbands version of them just flocking to you to join lol

I don't think it;s about your wealth but about their kingdom status. From what i encountered if you steamroll any war and make them pay you tribute constantly lords that are not family within the ruling clan will tend to jump ship. But they are expensive. You need to win the charisma minigame that's pretty random and then you need to pay them a few hundred thousands. So a wealth of 1mil is not really enough to say you can go talent hunting. Let alone that they might take your money and desert you after a bit of time.
I don't like this mechanic at all, is not meaty but rather just for show. And a pretty boring grind as there is no intrigue, subterfuge and tactics regarding your foreign politics or any variety to it.

I don't think it;s about your wealth but about their kingdom status. From what i encountered if you steamroll any war and make them pay you tribute constantly lords that are not family within the ruling clan will tend to jump ship. But they are expensive. You need to win the charisma minigame that's pretty random and then you need to pay them a few hundred thousands. So a wealth of 1mil is not really enough to say you can go talent hunting. Let alone that they might take your money and desert you after a bit of time.
I don't like this mechanic at all, is not meaty but rather just for show. And a pretty boring grind as there is no intrigue, subterfuge and tactics regarding your foreign politics or any variety to it.
Yeah my problem was, I wasnt even getting the dialogue option on any lords. And yeah I agree, if you have to grind to get 3+ million just to start a kingdom, seems a bit excessive IMO.

Back
Top Bottom