BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Tournament staff is not allowing new strong teams to form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah but i can't just sit and watch poor ol Wheelchair goblins suffer like this !!!

Also all this "special treatement" talk. First of all i disagree with 90% things arni says cuz he's a certain thing that shall not be written here.

So yeah.. "special treatement". It's not only about WHEE. Any team that is good enough to defeat most div A teams should have a way to get into div A straight away. ( Or so my brain tells me)

It not only motivates other potential teams to form and try to challenge top teams. But also Increases the amount of challenge that current div A teams face. Which of course in turn gives teams more motivation to get better so they don't fall behind. No ?

Stop acting like it is a elite e-sport tournament. We are a few people trying to enjoy this "EARLY ACCESS" game. I am just shocked just bunch of dudes talking about rules and sh*t. And i still can't understand how 7 team division A breaks the whole system. This is too much nonsense.
Why is this being denied? Last I heard this was the method that was going to be pursued.

Anyways this would all have been avoided had GG not disbanded at the end of BEAST 3 :iamamoron:

EDIT: Main question, has WHEE scrimmed vs DM or RM yet?

Last edited:
I think this conversation is moving away from one of the most important points, which is the quality of the tournament itself. The status quo in Div A has been set in stone for some time, with only DM and RM realistically having a chance of winning the tournament (usually winning all their other matches by a very convincing scoreline) and has become stale enough that there was even discussion of adding a division above A just for those teams. In my opinion, an opportunity to diversify the situation and create a more competitive/interesting division A should not be thrown away.

Its not about u specifically, its about rules and order which are our greatest goods (:
This point is rather nonsensical, as the divisions were reduced in size from 8 to 6; evidently the rules can be altered when the admins deem it beneficial to the conduct of the tournament. I think this should be a case where the admins at least consider the merit of increasing the size of the divisions to create a more interesting division A. I don't mean to sound condescending, as all I'm really doing is repeating things the admins have already heard and are already considering, but the idea that the rules saying one thing prohibits said rules from being changed is absurd.

I also do not think div B teams would be aggravated by WHEE theoretically being added to div A, as I think really they'd be happy to have a chance of actually winning their own division (which they wouldn't if a div A contender was placed in div B).

Let them play in A as they will just win the lower division they are placed in. I know that a team in C and B disbanded so they can start there and 12-0 all teams, waste 6 weeks and move to A. Just by looking at WHEE roster they will surely disband after 1 season anyways so just make an exception and let them try to play vs RM and DM. If 4 clans support the idea that's totally okay then.

It will be a bad decision to put them into a lower division and ruin the fun of weaker clans but also as they said they might just disband if they are not given a chance which is gonna lead to high chances of having RM vs DM finals let's have something new after 5 seasons.

Whee would absolutely dominate lower divisions, it's a waste of everyone's time putting them anywhere other than A.

The only other option I can think of is putting them in B but give the top spot of B a chance at winning the whole tournament by putting them in the KO tourney (something like top 3 of A and top of B), but I think it's likely Whee just 12-0 most of Div B.

I can't say what the adminstration will do for this season when it comes to div A.
However the format change last season was done exatcly to deal with situations like this one.

Sure fast progression is still comparativly slow to just placing a new team into A but it's the fairest option there is for all the teams.

And people don't seem to understand that the change from 6 to 8 teams increases the division length by two weeks not by one. So a division with 7 teams plays for 7 weeks because one team is always missing an opponent. Basically it's like having 8 teams in a division with one team always giving a default.

We moved away from the 7 week format because A) the players and team felt it was too long and B) because it was also too long for the admins.
I don't know how many admins will be active in this season but I suppose right now it's Bard and Aero that will have to do most of the work. It's tough enough as it is.

The one thing I personally would never accept is when a team get's demoted for the sake of another new team. It's unfair since after 6 seasons every teams has earned it's spot by now.

Some people just start to complain as soon as the rules don't suit themselves. Must be a div A thing.

Anyway, keep in mind that I don't have a say in anything that is decided in this season.

Last edited:
I can't say what the adminstration will do for this season when it comes to div A.
However the format change last season was done exatcly to deal with situations like this one.

Sure fast progression is still comparativly slow to just placing a new team into A but it's the fairest option there is for all the teams.

And people don't seem to understand that the change from 6 to 8 teams increases the division length by two weeks not by one. So a division with 7 teams plays for 7 weeks because one team is always missing an opponent. Basically it's like having 8 teams in a division with one team always giving a default.

We moved away from the 7 week format because A) the players and team felt it was too long and B) because it was also too long for the admins.
I don't know how many admins will be active in this season but I suppose right now it's Bard and Aero that will have to do most of the work. It's tough enough as it is.

The one thing I personally would never accept is when a team get's demoted for the sake of another new team. It's unfair since after 6 seasons every teams has earned it's spot by now.

Some people just start to complain as soon as the rules don't suit themselves. Must be a div A thing.

Anyway, keep in mind that I don't have a say in anything that is decided in this season.

You are not allowing new strong teams to form. I got you. My thread named like that.

frankly, after this ****show of a discussion, I wouldn't give you a div A spot if it was my choice to make. so much entitlement lol
could've just asked normally but nah
You don't know anything about this discussion. We asked to admins normally, we asked to teams and we took their approval. But STILL admins insist saying same things over and over again. From that point we decided to create this thread. So if you don't know anything about the topic just stfu.

I don't know how adding 1-2 weeks to the tournament would create such an effect where it's too long all of a sudden.

Can't the admin team just expand i'm sure there are many who would be capable of substituting for a week or two.

As for the players.. Show me the person that actually has a problem with an extra week or 2 (Considering a BL update doesn't break the game).
And what is with this fairness always. If a team is not strong enough to keep it's div A spot - why insist on it just because they've "earned" it.

Now i know that the current structure is as it is and what i'm proposing would hurt someones feelings.
But the reality of it is that some div A teams are so much weaker than the top div A teams that it's comical.

I suppose what i'd have instead is a forceful demotion in case of a "challenger event" in-between the tournaments.

I know.. so painful right ? You spend 1.5 months grinding at the game in div B and barely manage to get in. And then comes some new team out of nowhere and kicks u back out to your previous division.

But so what? Deserving should depend on skill, not on grind.

Deserving has been done by individual players who have become skilled enough to deserve their spot as a team.
Not by a team of players that haven't put the time or effort the become as skilled - but instead just grinded their way into a division in which they have no chances of getting even 3rd spot. (Making them just some kind of a race for the best players to boost their stats so they can have higher score on aprikosenmanns excel spread sheet..)

So basically: A new team that is strong enough for a certain division challenges the weakest team. Who wins gets the spot. (This is in-between the BEAST seasons)

I know, as i said, that this would hurt someones feelings, and would stir up some possible ( certain) drama.
But it's a choice to be made. And a hard one.

So with option
number 1. (adding a week or 2) You add a 15-30% time extension to the current system.

number 2. (challenger in-between seasons) Kick a low skilled team back where they literally belong.(ouch?)

number 3. (force a newly formed team (even if stronger than 95% of the teams) to grind their way up in the name of grind based fairness)
- This of course would demotivate a lot of potential top teams from forming.

- Because as you say: 1-2 weeks is too much to add for many players and admins. A 6 week (if nothing goes wrong with BL) is too much for many of top teams to grind trough low division teams(which im sure would have fun getting stomped. Might just as well default lose so that the team can just wait 6 weeks and then win default finales?)

My favorite is of course what ikea says he would NEVER consider. It's a nice and simple challenger event where a newly formed team gets a chance to challenge any divisions weakest team and kick them out back to a lower division.
- This would then i suppose mean that if the lower division is full the demoted team would need to challenge the weakest team in this division etc.

We could have a whole mid season "tourney" where the placement of newly formed teams can be done so that the "fairness" a.k.a. the balance of the divisions stays, well, more balanced.

Too much work for the admins? I'm sure there would be a person that is capable and willing to overlook this mid-season madness. It would only be a 1-3 games right ?

Hell, you could even add a rule that for a team to get the spot they would have to win decisively(so 12-8 wouldn't be enough). So that, perhaps, a 12-4 is the required minimum for the challenger to gain it's spot.And make it that a team gets only one chance to do it - so if it fails, they can only accept to enter wherever there is a free spot.

So yeah, 90% of people that read this will just shrug it off and not even consider it.. i know. And i don't care. This would spice things up, give chance for new teams to be in divisions that fit their skill level, and would maintain the 6 week format of the tournament.

If you can't defend your spot against a literal stomp you DON'T deserve it. I don't care if you beat some "weak" div B team to get it. You still don't deserve it in 90% of the time.

Last edited:
I don't know how adding 1-2 weeks to the tournament would create such an effect where it's too long all of a sudden.

Can't the admin team just expand i'm sure there are many who would be capable of substituting for a week or two.

As for the players.. Show me the person that actually has a problem with an extra week or 2 (Considering a BL update doesn't break the game).

And what is with this fairness always. If a team is not strong enough to keep it's div A spot - why insist on it just because they've "earned" it.

Now i know that the current structure is as it is and what i'm proposing would hurt someones feelings.
But the reality of it is that some div A teams are so much weaker than the top div A teams that it's comical.

I suppose what i'd have instead is a forceful demotion in case of a "challenger event" in-between the tournaments.

I know.. so painful right ? You spend 1.5 months grinding at the game in div B and barely manage to get in. And then comes some new team out of nowhere and kicks u back out to your previous division.

But so what? Deserving should depend on skill, not on grind.

Deserving has been done by individual players who have become skilled enough to deserve their spot as a team.
Not by a team of players that haven't put the time or effort the become as skilled - but instead just grinded their way into a division in which they have no chances of getting even 3rd spot. (Making them just some kind of a race for the best players to boost their stats so they can have higher score on aprikosenmanns excel spread sheet..)

So basically: A new team that is strong enough for a certain division challenges the weakest team. Who wins gets the spot. (This is in-between the BEAST seasons)

I know, as i said, that this would hurt someones feelings, and would stir up some possible ( certain) drama.
But it's a choice to be made. And a hard one.

So with option
number 1. (adding a week or 2) You add a 15-30% time extension to the current system.

number 2. (challenger in-between seasons) Kick a low skilled team back where they literally belong.(ouch?)

number 3. (force a newly formed team (even if stronger than 95% of the teams) to grind their way up in the name of grind based fairness)
- This of course would demotivate a lot of potential top teams from forming.

- Because as you say: 1-2 weeks is too much to add for many players and admins. A 6 week (if nothing goes wrong with BL) is too much for many of top teams to grind trough low division teams(which im sure would have fun getting stomped. Might just as well default lose so that the team can just wait 6 weeks and then win default finales?)
You wrote all this up just for your newly created team to play in Div A instead of just going to a lower Div for 5 weeks?

No offense but last time your newly formed team basically quit Div A once they realized they wouldnt get the results they thought they would get/deserve. What should we do then? Revert back to 6 teams and then back to seven once a new team decides to show up and demands a Div A spot.

The Divisions would balance out after 5 weeks of normal gameplay. You guys would probably get to Div A and the lowest Div A team would go to Div B.

This appproach would also support the continuity dogma that BEAST tries to install in this competetion.

The whole point of the Divisions have thus been achieved and they would be balanced accordingly.

For DR this is a matter of principle and we are probably hated for it. That is oke though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom