BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[BEAST 6] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

:smile: Our main problem is there is NO empty spot in DIV A. All teams are gonna play. The only possible way is making the Div A 7 teams. It shouldn't be that hard to decide.
The only way is NOT making a Div A 7 teams, its either you earn a spot or not, i know your team is strong but you have no right for a spot there. I cant even imagine beeing so arrogant to blackmail the admin á la put us A or we dont play, its childish af.

What's the point of making Goblins play in division B if everyone in the scene knows what the result will be while Goblins being a top 3 team in Div A? Div B will be no fun in the end if Goblins end up there

The only way is NOT making a Div A 7 teams, its either you earn a spot or not, i know your team is strong but you have no right for a spot there. I cant even imagine beeing so arrogant to blackmail the admin á la put us A or we dont play, its childish af.
Blackmailing??? xD You should be kidding dude. I am just saying we don't have any intentions on playing other than div a. You are really absurd and your reply is cringe af. No one will lose anything if they put us in div a. We are trying to fire up the competition on Bannerlord MP. I am not saying we will win the tournament but atleast we want to have a chance to do it. I don't fkin care if you guys happy about repeating same tournament for sixth time in a row. And if they put us in div b what do you think is going to happen? There won't be any joy for those guys in Div B. The main idea behind divisions are divide the teams according to their skill level.

"bLacKmaiLing" xD

Blackmailing??? xD You should be kidding dude. I am just saying we don't have any intentions on playing other than div a. You are really absurd and your reply is cringe af. No one will lose anything if they put us in div a. We are trying to fire up the competition on Bannerlord MP. I am not saying we will win the tournament but atleast we want to have a chance to do it. I don't fkin care if you guys happy about repeating same tournament for sixth time in a row. And if they put us in div b what do you think is going to happen? There won't be any joy for those guys in Div B. The main idea behind divisions are divide the teams according to their skill level.

"bLacKmaiLing" xD
Earn your chance by going to division A.

I personally don't have anything about (Whee or how ever) joinig Div A, but either you expand all Divisions to 7 or you shouldnt bent rules at all.
So either every Divison size will be 7 or someone won't use their Div A spot and Goblins can claim it.

"bLacKmaiLing" xD
tbf I am absolutely OK with this team not playing, so as blackmail it is pretty poor. However admins will discuss & consider the points raised and come to a conclusion.

tbf I am absolutely OK with this team not playing, so as blackmail it is pretty poor. However admins will discuss & consider the points raised and come to a conclusion.
Are you guys being serious right now xD Why do I even blackmail you? What kind of effect can me and my team make on your lives? You guys are being extremely dramatic. And aeronwen i don't know you and i don't care about you or your personal opinion. I am just hoping you guys stop making this matter overly complicated and just give us an answer.

Are you guys being serious right now xD Why do I even blackmail you? What kind of effect can me and my team make on your lives? You guys are being extremely dramatic. And aeronwen i don't know you and i don't care about you or your personal opinion. I am just hoping you guys stop making this matter overly complicated and just give us an answer.
ye I was pointing out it wasnt really blackmail - perhaps I was too subtle/indirect.

I personally don't have anything about (Whee or how ever) joinig Div A, but either you expand all Divisions to 7 or you shouldnt bent rules at all.
So either every Divison size will be 7 or someone won't use their Div A spot and Goblins can claim it.
Why do you have to make all divisions 7?

What you guys apparently fail to realise is that adding a 7th team doesn't add 1 extra week its adds 2. In addition there is also a suggestion of semifinals and finals which (I would want them on the same weekend) also has the prospect of adding an extra week.

We made the divs smaller because people were finding the 8 team 7+ week season too long (among other reasons).

All teams that participated in the last season own the spot they earned but a newly formed team does not own a spot. If there is a space we will endeavour to put a new team in the nearest open spot that is commensurate with their skill. We do this, not as a favour to that team but because the tournament is about all teams and having skilled teams in lower divs is not fair on the less skilled teams.

Until the sign ups close we do not know how many teams, how many divs or where the spaces will be.

None of your whatabouttery, specious arguments or veiled insults will change any of the above. (to be clear this is a general comment and not aimed at Gotha).

We made the divs smaller because people were finding the 8 team 7+ week season too long (among other reasons).
People from div A already told you that they don’t mind to play additional week. And I don’t see how add 1 team will add 2 additional weeks to play.
What are you waiting for at the moment? Don’t you expect that one of divA teams won’t sign up?

People from div A already told you that they don’t mind to play additional week. And I don’t see how add 1 team will add 2 additional weeks to play.
What are you waiting for at the moment? Don’t you expect that one of divA teams won’t sign up?
Lets do some maths for Argentum,

6 team division : 5 weeks of Round Robin and 1 week Final = 6 weeks

7 team division : 7 weeks of Round Robin and 1 week Final = 8 weeks

Why 7 weeks you might ask, well there is 6 matches you need to play but because number of teams is uneven you have one week with no opponent.

Lets do some maths for Argentum,

6 team division : 5 weeks of Round Robin and 1 week Final = 6 weeks

7 team division : 7 weeks of Round Robin and 1 week Final = 8 weeks

Why 7 weeks you might ask, well there is 6 matches you need to play but because number of teams is uneven you have one week with no opponent.

It's ok for everyone except you anyway.

All teams that participated in the last season own the spot they earned but a newly formed team does not own a spot.

What the BEAST rules lack of is how to deal with the formation of new Superteams.

Its the best for everyone if the 6 best teams play in Division A and the 6 next play in Division B.
Sending the third best Team to Division B is simply not optimal.

The thing that hurts us the most is the time it needs to reach Division A. Our first Division A Match would be in 12 weeks or so.

Call it blackmailing or not but: I dont want to stomp through Division B.

What the BEAST rules lack of is how to deal with the formation of new Superteams.

Its the best for everyone if the 6 best teams play in Division A and the 6 next play in Division B.

The thing that hurts us the most is the time it needs to reach Division A. Our first Division A Match would be in 12 weeks or so.

Call it blackmailing or not but: I dont want to stomp through Division B.
There is a rule in place to deal with the super teams and it is called fast promotion. So far the admins have been nice and tried to actually put people where they belong. The time frames between the tournament has been consistently shortened by shortening the actual competition.

And this aint a super team until you prove it that you manage to consistently and permamently stomp-defeat DR, Div and SGM like them titans RM and DM do it. No, I don't care for screenshots which are produced in the literal summer break. Goblins for me was a contester, but primarily also just another Division A team.

The open disrespect to the lower divisions displayed is something which keeps annoying me though.

Last edited:
Glad we're talking 6 teams again, so let's look at that.
Yes, new teams with high potential shouldn't have to dwell in lower divisions for long, for their and their opponents sake. No argument there.
That is also why there is quick promotion, so even if someone were to sign-up at the bottom, they could get to the top in just 2 seasons.
Then, usually where new squads form, old squads disband, because the playerbase isn't that large after all, so you want to place strong teams as high as possible. Hence, new teams can take empty spots from the last season's results. Currently there's a high likelihood that there will be an open spot in Div B, but not in Div A.
So the reasonable way to go is to put that team in that opening much rather than changing the entire schedule just for one squad. They can prove their potential and earn promotion in just a single tournament, which is as good a solution as one could reasonably campaign for.

The problem with dumping them in B and agreeing they're a team of Div A quality and you're just finding the next best place, is you're basically screwing over a team in B's shot at making promotions e.g. without WHEE in B, there would be 1 spot for automatic progression, and 1 spot for promotion. One of those taken, 99.9% likelihood.

So you mess up not only WHEE's chance at the crown and make it a boring tournament for them, but also ruin Div B. Hardly optimal.

The problem with dumping them in B and agreeing they're a team of Div A quality and you're just finding the next best place, is you're basically screwing over a team in B's shot at making promotions e.g. without WHEE in B, there would be 1 spot for automatic progression, and 1 spot for promotion. One of those taken, 99.9% likelihood.

So you mess up not only WHEE's chance at the crown and make it a boring tournament for them, but also ruin Div B. Hardly optimal.
This is true but also it is a competition. If the team that otherwise would have been top of div B isnt owed a promotion. If they are not the best team in this div B then then they have to work hard next time.
Itis one of the reasons we reduced to 5 weeks, no-one has to wait too long to have another chance to prove themselves. In that respect its a shame we had the summer break.

The only place any team is owed is the one they have proved they deserve by competing in the tournament.

There could be, and I hope there soon is, a tournament with a group stage and a KO but that is a different tournament set-up to this ladder.

+1

This is true but also it is a competition. If the team that otherwise would have been top of div B isnt owed a promotion. If they are not the best team in this div B then then they have to work hard next time.
Itis one of the reasons we reduced to 5 weeks, no-one has to wait too long to have another chance to prove themselves. In that respect its a shame we had the summer break.

The only place any team is owed is the one they have proved they deserve by competing in the tournament.

There could be, and I hope there soon is, a tournament with a group stage and a KO but that is a different tournament set-up to this ladder.
For sure, my point is only that we kind of know what we're doing here and this is an almost certain outcome. Like by giving a B spot to WHEE and if there was an A spot agreeing it would be theirs, the admin team is implicitly agreeing they're DIv A quality, and Div B is gonna have to suck it up.

There's no good solution, just pointing out this is not really "fair" either. If I was a Div B team in fact, I'd be furious.

Back
Top Bottom