Two-Handed Speed Nerf When?

Users who are viewing this thread

Vlandian mace got nerfed from 96 to 91 speed and imperial heavy axe from 98 to 93 but it makes perfect sense to have 99 speed two handed weapons.

not two hand is too fast, is one hand been to slow. it too slow to a point after you kick someone you cant reliably get a follow up hit. and one hand with shield, and one hand without shield is 2 story

The biggest problem with 2h isn't the base weapon speed necessarily, although some could be toned down, it's the huge benefit from active block combined with the higher movement speed on 2h classes. It's difficult to pressure a decent 2h player as they can kite continually, and each successful block rewards them with a significantly faster return attack.

Feints currently defeat them in the end because the weapons are slower to block, but with better blocking to come, and nerfed throwing, I would imagine they become even stronger.

Doesnt matter the stats, what matter is the turncap. Players can do a 270º swing attack if they max their sensitivity with any weapon, turning people into bleybades while giving you their back most of the time and running away from you.
make duel mode spear only
Jokes on you, I find extremely funny to kill 2handers with spears beacuse this issue.

The biggest problem with 2h isn't the base weapon speed necessarily, although some could be toned down, it's the huge benefit from active block combined with the higher movement speed on 2h classes. It's difficult to pressure a decent 2h player as they can kite continually, and each successful block rewards them with a significantly faster return attack.

Feints currently defeat them in the end because the weapons are slower to block, but with better blocking to come, and nerfed throwing, I would imagine they become even stronger.
I wouldn't even go so far and say that feints are a counter to 2h, because if you're against someone who likes to spam, they will just get out of your swing range, and use their bigger range to spam you to death.

bastard swords are getting their attack speed nerfed next patch
The question is just how much? Because, Two-Handers were nerfed in the past, but it was like from 65 damage to 63 or something like that. No 2h weapon should be faster than a 1h, and there are currently three Two-Handers which can effortlessly outspeed any 1h if used properly.

While I totally support that Two-Handers should deal more damage and should be a bit longer, they should NEVER be faster than One-Handed Weapons, which is the case right now.
I think this is an intentional balance decision, since shields are something along the lines of an auto-blocker in multiplayer. If 1h weapons were just as fast as 2h, there'd be no reason to pick a two-handed weapon if one-handed weapons have the same speed. The Recruit's Pugio should at least match the speed of most two-handed weapons, though its range is extremely poor and 40 cut damage means you probably won't be killing any medium or heavy infantry units any time soon.

But yuh, i think ~90 speed on a two-handed weapon is roughly the equivalent of ~105 speed on a one-handed weapon. Would roughly amount to a 15% difference if we assume that a 100 speed 1h weapon is up against a 100 speed two-handed. Estimation based on the speeds of most two-handed swords and the Pugio. Which is honestly why I think the Rhomphalia and Falx should switch places as to which should be the default weapon and which should be the upgrade.

I think this is an intentional balance decision, since shields are something along the lines of an auto-blocker in multiplayer. If 1h weapons were just as fast as 2h, there'd be no reason to pick a two-handed weapon if one-handed weapons have the same speed. The Recruit's Pugio should at least match the speed of most two-handed weapons, though its range is extremely poor and 40 cut damage means you probably won't be killing any medium or heavy infantry units any time soon.

But yuh, i think ~90 speed on a two-handed weapon is roughly the equivalent of ~105 speed on a one-handed weapon. Would roughly amount to a 15% difference if we assume that a 100 speed 1h weapon is up against a 100 speed two-handed. Estimation based on the speeds of most two-handed swords and the Pugio. Which is honestly why I think the Rhomphalia and Falx should switch places as to which should be the default weapon and which should be the upgrade.
As I already stated above, shields don't mean sh*t in Bannerlord, because they break in like 5 hits. Shields being in the way should not be an excuse to make 2h completely broken.

As I already stated above, shields don't mean sh*t in Bannerlord, because they break in like 5 hits. Shields being in the way should not be an excuse to make 2h completely broken.
Well, if they were to make 2h weapons just as fast as 1h assuming identical speed numbers, then there'd be no reason to use 2h weapons if 1h and shield is just as fast and can block arrows. From my understanding of M&B, the mindset of 2h weapon balancing is "You're giving up the ability to block in all directions. You'll attack a little faster to compensate"

I think what needs to be done is to buff smaller shields such as the targe to have stronger bashes than tall shields and 2h weapon shoves. Speaking of, bashes are a push in the right direction in the most literal sense regarding 2h vs 1h since shoves can only be blocked with a shield.

Balance of 2h seems to be broken because it is designed for more experienced players. The only broken 2h weapon is possibly a voulge.

Last edited:
I do agree that shields should be weaker against axes, either 1 or 2 handed, so I see no reason to nerf here. Battle axes were primarely developed against shields so they are good in my eyes. On thing I would like to see is to implement some troop specific attributes e.g.: A berserker should be better with a 2handed weapon than a freaking peasant. Let berserker have the current speed for 2 handed weapons, but reduce this speed for other troops --> skirmishers, light infantry, archers etc... It makes no sense that an archer could swing 2 handed weapons at the same speed as a specialized troop.
+ freaking menavlions and glaives need a fix. it makes absolutely 0 sense to receive such a huge amount of damage when the wooden pole hits you instead of the head of the weapon. It is especially annoying when the enemy acts like a fidget spinner with menav.
+ + speaking of menavlions, menav cav should not be a thing.

I support nerfing the bastard weapons by slowing them down slightly, the skirmisher-class 2h however SHOULD NOT be nerfed at all. They are really easy to block.

Well, if they were to make 2h weapons just as fast as 1h assuming identical speed numbers, then there'd be no reason to use 2h weapons if 1h and shield is just as fast and can block arrows. From my understanding of M&B, the mindset of 2h weapon balancing is "You're giving up the ability to block in all directions. You'll attack a little faster to compensate"

I think what needs to be done is to buff smaller shields such as the targe to have stronger bashes than tall shields and 2h weapon shoves. Speaking of, bashes are a push in the right direction in the most literal sense regarding 2h vs 1h since shoves can only be blocked with a shield.
In Warband all the 2h weapons were slower than the 1h weps and I still saw plenty of ppl use them in Sieges or on crowded DM servers. U can evade arrows by simply waiting until they fire their arrow, and just stepping to the side. Plus yeah, against archers you might have a point, but the majority of the playerbase is either cav or inf, and against inf especially, the 2h weps have a massive advantage.

Balance of 2h seems to be broken because it is designed for more experienced players. The only broken 2h weapon is possibly a voulge.
Wut? So you'd say that a 2h weapon such as the Sturgian Bastard Axe or the Vlandian Bastard Sword with 97 and 96 speed respectively are not broken? Dude, that axe literally onehits you ^^.

I don't see it as a problem, I actually find the players that use 2handed more predictable and easier to kill, also this all comes with the experience, most players just spam it and any veteran will see the fault in their spamy movement and exploit it

Wut? So you'd say that a 2h weapon such as the Sturgian Bastard Axe or the Vlandian Bastard Sword with 97 and 96 speed respectively are not broken? Dude, that axe literally onehits you ^^.

Then tell me why this weapon is not used outside of random battles?

2h speed on the duel server, and in the time I was able to swing once, a friend of mine who was using a 2h, swung almost 3 times.

Can you show a video of this? Seem like we are playing different games.

Then tell me why this weapon is not used outside of random battles?
Eh because there is basically no other modes on this game rn?! Nobody on Skirm will use it, because ppl on skirm can mostly block and know how to counter it. My point and the point of this entire thread is, that 95% of the community aren't rly that experienced and can't block like a champ. Imagine you're completely new to Bannerlord, and you wanna try the Multiplayer.. You join a TDM server, and you see someone swing a 2-Handed Axe or Sword (which likely to be a multiple pound weapon) around like it was a Baseball Bat, while doing double the damage of any 1h.

State of 2 handers atm

xD That's actually not even too far off..

Back
Top Bottom