Taleworld your campaign map is boring and static but you can easily solve this.

Users who are viewing this thread

DennyWiseau

Veteran
Alot of emphasis has been put on the aspect of time in Bannerlord. Characters grow old and die, borders are redrawn but the map ramain completely static no matter how much times passes.
This can easily be solved by allocating some time by implementing more progressive development of settlement and village projects. You already do this is game with castle and city walls as you can see the walls change depening on the wall tier on the campaign map, all you need to do is implement the same dynamic changes to campaign scenery where it makes sense such a garden and orchards.

Last edited:
I agree completely but it took them over 7 months to add keep battles, which was a vanilla feature from Warband/M&B after they 'announced' them. If this is going to release before the heat death of the universe they cannot add new features.

This is ideally something modders will be able to accomplish, they essentially did in Warband at least, one of the medieval total conversion mods had a feature where the number of castles/villages changed over time.

The Calardia expanded map is almost official map, at least for those ones who don't have afraid to use Mods.

The Calardia expanded map is almost official map, at least for those ones who don't have afraid to use Mods.

That mod is firkin beautiful and many of the additions really needs to implemented into the official game. Devs please look at what they are doing with Calardia expanded map and up your game! Vanilla seriously could use some of these additions.

They just screwed up too many things that keep piling on into a mediocre game. The graphics of Bannerlord's map are far better than Warband, yet it feels lifeless, generic, and small, with no sense of variety. It's 70% of the same, boring mountains. Warband's variety with its map felt better somehow, despite the atrocious graphics. It's supposed to be three times the size of Warband's yet it feels no bigger. Nevertheless, your suggestion would probably help, not that it would happen or anything.

Essential mod. Vanilla looks like a pre-alpha version by comparison. I hope those modders eventually add more variety to the terrain textures/colour of the grass.

Although I gave a lot of feedback on the campaign map at the time (source1 -consecutive comments 26,28,30,36 + source2), I think that in general terms the campaign map is a positive point in the game, imho.

While it's true that currently the map need a beautification similar to mod Calradia expanded it does seem to me that the map is poorly adapted to the implementation of the combat and naval navigation system both along the coasts and the waterways.

Having said that, I say it again... it's beyond my understanding why SARGOT is still in the south after 1 year + 4 months of EA.

Having said that, I say it again... it's beyond my understanding why SARGOT is still in the south after 1 year + 4 months of EA.
Imho it comes to down to first TW has too many devs who don't care/don't know what the lore of the previous titles are and second management and lead devs haven't taken the time to actually oversee the project properly so crap like this slides by. It's pretty obvious TW doesn't give 2 :poop: about their own lore or keeping any kind of continuity between their own games. If this was important to them it would've have been correct before ea even started.

Essential mod. Vanilla looks like a pre-alpha version by comparison. I hope those modders eventually add more variety to the terrain textures/colour of the grass.
It's really one of those Mods that after trying it out you can't play without it, luckily TW is giving modders good tools to modify the maps, I think that when the early access ends, spectacular maps will appear.

Imho it comes to down to first TW has too many devs who don't care/don't know what the lore of the previous titles are and second management and lead devs haven't taken the time to actually oversee the project properly so crap like this slides by. It's pretty obvious TW doesn't give 2 :poop: about their own lore or keeping any kind of continuity between their own games. If this was important to them it would've have been correct before ea even started.
You do realize that it could very well be completely on purpose, and not an oversight, right?

Back
Top Bottom