1.6.1 Villages and Modding

Users who are viewing this thread

Am I the only one here that doesn't raid villages while at war because I dont want to deal with the negativity when those villages belong to my kingdom?

Am I the only one here that doesn't raid villages while at war because I dont want to deal with the negativity when those villages belong to my kingdom?
I'm with you on that.

To me, villages are just another battlefield terrain type. They're pretty, but the new designs just offer me a new set of battlefield options to play with.

I'm not interested in having to load them to do quests or visit people - with the current loyalty requirements that's just a recipe for loading screen fatigue.

It would be great if we could add elements to them to improve their battlefield utility - like watch towers, light palisades, interesting embankments, gateways etc. But given the complications with castles and cities, and knowing that AI soldiers already struggle with pathfinding in the tight spaces, that could be a recipe for endless troubleshooting iterations so I'm happy for them to just be battlefields with interesting props.

I'm with you on that.

To me, villages are just another battlefield terrain type. They're pretty, but the new designs just offer me a new set of battlefield options to play with.

I'm not interested in having to load them to do quests or visit people - with the current loyalty requirements that's just a recipe for loading screen fatigue.

It would be great if we could add elements to them to improve their battlefield utility - like watch towers, light palisades, interesting embankments, gateways etc. But given the complications with castles and cities, and knowing that AI soldiers already struggle with pathfinding in the tight spaces, that could be a recipe for endless troubleshooting iterations so I'm happy for them to just be battlefields with interesting props.

I'm philosophically opposed to stealing from the poor to fund a war, unless they're my citizens and then, tax the crap out of them. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom