Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Uh ... really? No way. It feels too good to be true. We need a bigger sample size.
Shots from my first 1.6.1 siege:

h9r56TG.png

4yKhFLz.jpeg

BkQvjX4.jpeg

And no, it did not eventually resolve. Come on. I mean, come on

One thing I noticed is that I didn't have a single Noble prisoner in my party escape from me. Kingdom lords were freed after peace was made but the hand is still with me almost a month later so I am not sure if that is a problem @Callum

Get rid of ladder towers and add in the Warband tower instead. The one with stairs, and a top spot for achers. That one can hold people while moving too. It'd work better since the AI knows how to use stairs better than ladders in this game.

Fixed a bug that allowed the player to redo village hostile actions (force notables to give recruits, force people to give supplies) after save & load. These actions now have a cooldown.
Fixed a bug that allowed the player to bet on board games infinitely at the same town using save & load.
Oh no..... did senpai finally notice? ?

Hey, at least I can show you how it'll look ?

Are we goin to be able to turn Khuzait recruit into Imperial archer some how in future or is that just a example of what it looks like?

I'm not seeing any listed but I have to ask, did we get any fixes for the garrisons recruitment issues, such as it removing troops and recruiting anyways when turned off?
Lots of good fixes and changes, will be starting new campaign and running it through the gauntlet! TY!

Are we goin to be able to turn Khuzait recruit into Imperial archer some how in future or is that just a example of what it looks like?

I'm not seeing any listed but I have to ask, did we get any fixes for the garrisons recruitment issues, such as it removing troops and recruiting anyways when turned off?
Lots of good fixes and changes, will be starting new campaign and running it through the gauntlet! TY!
see here
khuzait haircut said:

I don't get it. Khuzait can be trained as imperial archers?
I just made that xml change to test/show the horizontal scroll.

Oh jeez. I never use those, but if they're fixed then they might be more effective than the towers at this point.
I just tested some sieges. Typically, attacking troops get over the walls with ladders better than siege towers.

Siege towers still need a lot of work.

Overall, the siege improvements are promising. Mid-Late game will be a lot more playable now. However, there is still a long way to go.

What does upgrade targets mean? Never tried to mod party screen before....
amount of different things a troop can be upgraded to, so instead of a recruit becoming a spearman or shielder, now they could also become a horseman, archer, etc straightaway. you could have lots of options to upgrade instead of just 2

TW probably won't use this for vanilla, but it will be useful for modders

amount of different things a troop can be upgraded to, so instead of a recruit becoming a spearman or shielder, now they could also become a horseman, archer, etc straightaway. you could have lots of options to upgrade instead of just 2
Thank you so much for explaining! I'm a little sad it didn't click for me at first now that I know what it's referring to :razz:

Kingdoms and Diplomacy
  • Peace and War declarations will now show the reasoning behind them in the kingdom decision screen.
  • Enemy factions can now send peace offers to the player’s faction. The player can see these offers on the right part of the screen via notifications. If the player is the leader of the faction they can accept or decline these offers. If the player is a vassal then the offer is considered through the voting feature.
Good job mexxico and @Blood Gryphon !
Amazing, one of Mexxico’s last acts was to implement something the community desperately wanted. A true hero of the people. Same from @MRay, putting in that work on some nice UI updates

Last edited:
Buffed horses vs. spears?
It's "only" the neck and head, but yeah...
The target nerf was probably throwing spears (and throwables in general) dealing obscene damage to horses (and that's a good thing!)
Hell at some point (keep in mind I haven't played in a while, but:smile: I was practicing with the Bastard Sword wielded 1-handed, and my thrusts (pierce damage) were dealing more damage to horses than I'd ever hoped to deal with a spear...

The spears/pikes have been buffed elsewhere in this patch, so hopefully it helps too.

I'm playing 1.6.0 now and "Village_name needs grain seeds" quest resolution didn't give me any reputation with the quest giver :/
Is it the same in 1.6.1?

Back
Top Bottom