Profanity filter …

Users who are viewing this thread

Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord, a game that sees you cutting up and mutilating people in combat, now has a profanity filter in multiplayer that removes basically any swear word. I don’t really play the game at all anymore, but I’m just trying to wrap my head around that fact. Why did the devs feel the need to do this? Feels as though they’re trying to cater to literal babies at this point. Sad

This game is being developed by forum moderators and that is the antithesis of fun. Let us play the game and have a good time, preferably with custom servers. If the host of a server wants to orient his server towards children then that is fine. No freedom, no fun.

They should turn it on by default, but disable it in options
If anything it should be the opposite. Have an option to turn it on for the (almost nonexistent) little kids that play the game if need be, that’s cool. Right now though there isn’t even an option to disable it, we’re just stuck with it. Hopefully this isn’t something that will be ingrained in the game and carried over to custom servers

What? I'll not be able to read the literary masterpieces of the kids I beat in game anymore?! How dare you TW!! It will be fun to see them trying to go around the filter tho, lol.

What? I'll not be able to read the literary masterpieces of the kids I beat in game anymore?! How dare you TW!! It will be fun to see them trying to go around the filter tho, lol.
already done, you can just all caps and the filter doesnt work AHAHHAHAHHHHAH

If you type the word "class" it gets censored to "cl***" .. That's how limited their vision and coding capabilities are. It just reflects into the most basic things such as a profanity filter

Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord, a game that sees you cutting up and mutilating people in combat, now has a profanity filter in multiplayer that removes basically any swear word. I don’t really play the game at all anymore, but I’m just trying to wrap my head around that fact. Why did the devs feel the need to do this? Feels as though they’re trying to cater to literal babies at this point. Sad
Definitely should give players the option to turn it off, but blame the toxic playerbase lmao. Highly doubt its tame cuss words that made them do it, the mount and blade community seems to like spamming racist **** in chat constantly so I can see why they added it

The addition of the profanity filter makes sense to me. If someone wants to avoid all the cuss words while playing then why not provide that. I agree that it would be nice to have an option to disable it though. Relayed all of your other feedback as well, thank you!

This game is being developed by forum moderators and that is the antithesis of fun.
Where do you guys even get these ideas from? You do know you can disable the profanity filter on the forum, some of the mods do swear on occasion, and none of them are devs, right? Find another scapegoat to unload your frustration on.

The addition of the profanity filter makes sense to me. If someone wants to avoid all the cuss words while playing then why not provide that. I agree that it would be nice to have an option to disable it though. Relayed all of your other feedback as well, thank you!
Yes please add it, I wanna see some interesting grammars

This game is being developed by forum moderators and that is the antithesis of fun. Let us play the game and have a good time, preferably with custom servers. If the host of a server wants to orient his server towards children then that is fine. No freedom, no fun.
Occasional swearing is part of the game isn't it? Are we not allowed to feel a little frustrated anymore? Good think most of us don't play the game anyways XD

Where do you g*ys even get these ideas from? You do know you can disable the p***y filter on the forum, some of the mods do s*** on occasion, and none of them are d***s, right? Find another s****t to unload your *** on.
Whoa, thankfully I have custom profanity filters for that.

Words that are Profane:
harass
pass
passive
grass
mass
Massachusetts (I agree with this)

Words that are not profane:
piss
damn
assassin (not sure why??)

Unpopular Opinion: If a language is not your native language you shouldn't write a profanity filter for it or make judgements on what you consider profane. It is difficult to understand nuance in a second language.
For example, in many English-speaking countries (I'm going to go ahead and say all) "piss" and "damn" are considered more profane than "butt", but you've chosen to only consider "butt" profanity. A native English speaker would immediately consider this absurd.
This is funny because butt occurs as parts of other non-profane words in English fairly often and can have additional meanings beyond the anatomical, but piss and damn almost never do.

If TW did have a native English speaker design this list, they were either messing with you, not paying attention, or a kindergartener.

Last edited:
Exept no, theres no mutilation, no cutting up, it barerly has blood. The age rating is 13, meaning yes children do play this game.You might be mixing this up Chivalry or Mordhau, which is 18+ and 15+
People play games to enjoy, and seing some edgy 15 year old write the n word 30 times doesnt make the game fun.

On/Off is absolutely neccesary though.

Back
Top Bottom