What happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Younes

Grandmaster Knight
RhUcd.png
qpRd9.png

You could have at least stuck with your bullcrap if you decided to butcher the class system.

The first time I read that justification for the class system, it immediately struck me that the people designing Bannerlord had barely played Warband MP and did not understand it.

I don't see a problem with Taleworlds backtracking on that explanation, because it was poorly reasoned. Please backtrack some more and bring back the superior, more competitive* system.

*Warband was one of the most competitive games I've ever played. Changing gear to counter other players was a big part of that.

The first time I read that justification for the class system, it immediately struck me that the people designing Bannerlord had barely played Warband MP and did not understand it.

I don't see a problem with Taleworlds backtracking on that explanation, because it was poorly reasoned. Please backtrack some more and bring back the superior, more competitive* system.

*Warband was one of the most competitive games I've ever played. Changing gear to counter other players was a big part of that.
My problem isn't even with the reasoning itself, it's their willingness to deviate from those core ideas they supposedly designed years ago to make what we see today.

When you tell people they should suck it up and live with their reasoning, at least stick with it to show you actually put more than 1 brain cell behind the design and are serious about it. That whole thread now seems like a poor joke to me.

They've been diverging skirmish and captain for ages now, completely necessarily.

Of course, this does mean that the major benefit of the class system basically is gone and we were right all along, but we already knew that, not sure what you want.

Tbf it's practically the same system tho...

In Warband you would literally always pick the same single armor piece you would afford with that single weapon + shield or 2 handed wep combo with the money you were usually granted with. After that you just went for the best one. It's the same between the perk system and Warband. You can take better armor or choose your weapons. Pretty dramatic trying to say it's a massive difference.
I always find it funny when people tell me that Warband had "meaningful customization". Dude, you literally just took off your armor and swung a big 2-hander at people. If we're talking about cRPG or Mercs then I agree, but they're mods and shouldn't be compared to native.

Last edited by a moderator:

In Warband you would literally always pick the same single armor piece you would afford with that single weapon + shield or 2 handed wep combo with the money you were usually granted with. After that you just went for the best one. It's the same between the perk system and Warband. You can take better armor or choose your weapons. Pretty dramatic trying to say it's a massive difference.
I always find it funny when people tell me that Warband had "meaningful customization". Dude, you literally just took off your armor and swung a big 2-hander at people. If we're talking about cRPG or Mercs then I agree, but they're mods and shouldn't be compared to native.

Yes big brain man Younes telling you what's what hurr durr
You've misunderstood the importance of picking your own equipment, choosing what to focus on in any given situation, feeling like your character actually has some sort of individuality instead of just being a copy pasted clone from singleplayer, and the potential depth of tactics because of it.
Not to mention the feeling of progress as you can upgrade your character if you do well, by upgrading to better and better equipment.

shows hows little you understand warband competitive

Warband only reason was a lack of updates that kept the meta the same, but you could still choose what to go for, you have a really TG Arena view of warband

The worst part is that practically all of the bullet point reasons which are given to justify BL's **** class system are made redundant by the existence of Warband because that game actually did achieve the things listed here whilst being a good system.

I don't entirely understand what the combo perk thing is but it sounds like it might be a step in the right direction. The passive bonus on top of the class' baseline skills/proficiencies is ****ing stupid though.

I don't understand why people keep complaining about the class system, it gives you enough freedom and versatility. It's more or less equal to the amount of options you got with warband. One thing you can't do is to go naked to get faster movement and devs don't want you doing that anyways, other is the management of extra weapons like the secondary mace with khuzait lancers most people drop at start, that could probably be fixed within the system but it's not a major headache.

Literally went over this over a thousand times. You taking the same armor piece each single time is not my problem, the way you play your game is not my problem. You taking the same perks because it is the most optimal perk in bannerlord is not my problem.

Your brain saying it has to take the most optimal weapon or armor choices so you can beat players is not of my concern. I am here to have fun, not to have a liter of sweat evaporating from my skin because i want to win on a 2010 game.

If you didn't understand that, let me put it short: I give absolutely zero crap over taking meaningful choices when i play warband or bannerlord. TW is intentionally removing this choice from ALL players

Your last sentence about naked two handers is literally what peak customization is about and what people find fun about this game. The silly decisions of taking a two hander and no armor risking to getting one shot by an archer. Aiming your whole success on your agility and melee skills giving even experienced players a challenge.

wtf is wrong with you don't try and bully them into sticking with the worse system, I'm glad they're trying to change/fix it
They're not changing it, that's the problem. They will fundamentally keep the same system, but just ignore the BS reasons callum came up with while taking a crap on the toilet. Like i said, they don't actually have a good reason to not take the warband system or something similar that gives access to more than 60% of all weapons in the whole game.

You will never come to me and tell me that a system that does not use all the weapons and assets the game has as a good system. They are hindering the potential of their own game.

Hell i would even argue they could have made use of their smithing system to develop a gamemode that would be even more interesting then all warband gamemodes together. But they didn't. Instead they went for a generic multiplayer that feels lacking and limiting instead of hitting on those things that would make multiplayer interesting and fun and make it look apart from mordhau or other generic looking sword fighting games.

I don't understand why people keep complaining about the class system, it gives you enough freedom and versatility. It's more or less equal to the amount of options you got with warband. One thing you can't do is to go naked to get faster movement which devs don't want you doing that, other is the management of extra weapons like the secondary mace with khuzait lancers most people drop at start, that could probably be fixed within the system but it's not a major headache.
Yes having the choice between 2 weapons per class is very liberating.

What is that you want to do and you can't with the class system? In terms of armor, if you wouldn't go full naked, you unequipped gloves and boots because it was "unnecessary" weight and faster movement was a good trade-off, yeah no thanks, I don't want that BS in this game. You have sword&axe&mace&spear options for heavy inf, some unique weapons for the light inf, for shock troops you mostly have pikes and 1-2 choice in 2h weapons. The level of customisation is pretty much the same in terms of weapons.

Anyways after reading the replies you gave to the other people, I see this about going naked BS... *sigh*

Insulting another's intelligence
I don't understand why people keep complaining about the class system, it gives you enough freedom and versatility. It's more or less equal to the amount of options you got with warband. One thing you can't do is to go naked to get faster movement and devs don't want you doing that anyways, other is the management of extra weapons like the secondary mace with khuzait lancers most people drop at start, that could probably be fixed within the system but it's not a major headache.
The issue is the devs listen to low IQ takes like yours. You, nor they, understand what actually made warband so good, and the competitive last for so long. Pretending the class system provides the same freedom just actively harms bannerlord. Anyone who has played enough warband, competitive or even casual, has major issues with the class system. Theres a reason BL has been a disaster for the multiplayer and its because of people like you. People need to stop being so nice and just call out the bull**** for what it is.

I'd explain my side more but it looks as if others are doing it. Also if you actually understood what made warband so good you wouldnt have the opinion you have RN anyway, pointless convincing someone who shouldnt have such a strong opinion (since they clearly know **** all about either games)

The issue is the devs listen to low IQ takes like yours. You, nor they, understand what actually made warband so good, and the competitive last for so long. Pretending the class system provides the same freedom just actively harms bannerlord. Anyone who has played enough warband, competitive or even casual, has major issues with the class system. Theres a reason BL has been a disaster for the multiplayer and its because of people like you. People need to stop being so nice and just call out the bull**** for what it is.

I'd explain my side more but it looks as if others are doing it. Also if you actually understood what made warband so good you wouldnt have the opinion you have RN anyway, pointless convincing someone who shouldnt have such a strong opinion.
Not to mention they've gradually gotten rid of distinctions between equivalent classes since at least EA launch if not Closed Beta, which I was in. Cataphracts lost their bow, Oathbound their pike, the sling for the savage, throwing weapons for heavy infantry including Pila and Axes and exchanging it for "+5 HP shield which is literally useless" and "slightly faster horse". It's a joke. If they really insist on this, they shouldn't be constantly trying to make every faction play exactly the same.

What is that you want to do and you can't with the class system? In terms of armor, if you wouldn't go full naked, you unequipped gloves and boots because it was "unnecessary" weight and faster movement was a good trade-off, yeah no thanks, I don't want that BS in this game.
You see this right here, you still do not comprehend the issue at hand. You are forcing how people should play the game instead of giving them the choice not to, and are looking for the most optimal loadout.

No one is asking for a 1:1 copy of warband, it had its issues. It was not balanced perfectly, but at it's core the warband class system can give both fun and competitive gameplay at the same time.

You have sword&axe&mace&spear options for heavy inf, some unique weapons for the light inf, for shock troops you mostly have pikes and 1-2 choice in 2h weapons. The level of customisation is pretty much the same in terms of weapons.
I booted up warband just for you, rhodok sgt has as followed:
Morningstar
great hammer
sledgehammer
maul
military pick
military sickle
spiked staff
fighting pick
soldier's cleaver
military cleaver
war cleaver
glaive
ashwood pike
war spear
pike

How you consider this from a game from 2010 okay is beyond me. Aside from the uniqueness of weapons each faction has in warband
spear

I'd explain my side more but it looks as if others are doing it. Also if you actually understood what made warband so good you wouldnt have the opinion you have RN anyway, pointless convincing someone who shouldnt have such a strong opinion (since they clearly know **** all about either games)
It's funny how you can't even argue why it's bad, you only keep circle jerking here with BS like "if you knew why warband was good, you wouldn't ask that". Spent thousand of hours in both Warband and Wfas buddy, still I like the class system, F off with the elitist BS and stop being a jerk. You can keep *****ing about it, from one look at the comments here it's kinda obvious which side has the low iq. "Stop being nice", towards whom? Taleworlds? Go check my post history. :smile:

Last edited:
It's funny how you can't even argue why it's bad, you only keep circle jerking here with BS like "if you knew why warband was good, you wouldn't ask that". Spent thousand of hours in both Warband and Wfas buddy, still I like the class system, F off with the elitist BS and stop being a jerk. You can keep *****ing about it, from one look at the comments here it's kinda obvious which side has the low iq. "Stop being nice", towards whom? Taleworlds? Go check my post history. :smile:
There was a whole thread about it during the beta. Your inability to look at those is funny though.

Back
Top Bottom