to TALEWORLDS -> QA - do you have testers or just paid players?

Users who are viewing this thread

Even without becoming publicly traded company there is simple problem of fast growth, if your first product allows you to hire 100 more people chances are lot of them will work in your company for the sake of having a job unlike your 4 friends with whom you created the first product. Then you grow again, and lot of friends and cousins (of individual employees not necesarrely the owner) are gonna get hired due to non-meritocratic reasons, then quality is gonna get reduced further. Then you start caring about public image so you start with the woke ****, which over time alianates majority of your players and the old guard (more so if it is just dishonest public image).
I've seen smaller companies that were able to keep grounded, but I agree woke culture is a big problem in the US. I pray for the day that **** goes by the curbside.
Most gamers are not bothered by "woke ****", just the people saying "woke ****".
I have a friend who works for Raytheon. He told me recently all white employees had to sign a statement acknowledging they had had "white privilege" in the past, that **** is out of control.

I have a friend who works for Raytheon. He told me recently all white employees had to sign a statement acknowledging they had had "white privilege" in the past, that **** is out of control.
That may going a bit too far, but frankly I would acknowledge I have white male privilege to anyone who asks, because I'm able to imagine how some career options would have been closed to me if I wasn't white or male.
Those that can't or don't want to imagine that are better not forced into signing stuff, because that's not going to convince them and would only breed resentment.

That may going a bit too far, but frankly I would acknowledge I have white male privilege to anyone who asks, because I'm able to imagine how some career options would have been closed to me if I wasn't white or male.
Those that can't or don't want to imagine that are better not forced into signing stuff, because that's not going to convince them and would only breed resentment.
Problem is that when you are in 100% white country that was arguably opressed and where majority of people were serfs (slaves in everything but name) for very long time it looks to you as if "west" is suicidal and very dumb. Any kind of quota is non meritocratic and therefore reduces efficiency which in the end is bad for everyone involved in a long run.

Problem is that when you are in 100% white country that was arguably opressed and where majority of people were serfs (slaves in everything but name) for very long time it looks to you as if "west" is suicidal and very dumb. Any kind of quota is non meritocratic and therefore reduces efficiency which in the end is bad for everyone involved in a long run.
If you are in an all-white country and therefore not affected by racial wokeness at all, why are you bothered enough to complain on a gaming forum about it?

Just curious are you Slavic?

Last edited:
If you are in an all-white country and therefore not affected by racial wokeness at all, why are you bothered enough to complain on a gaming forum about it?
Problem of global world, all kinds of stuff moves in all kinds of directions. One group pushes one narrative, other group pushes opposite rethoric (natural reactionarism) and before you know you have two radical polarized groups that largely stem from issues that are mostly not even present in the place of "conflict", and then you may end up with "Weimar" situation. Clever people just have more foresight than most but lack resources to steer the wheel before its too late.

Problem of global world, all kinds of stuff moves in all kinds of directions. One group pushes one narrative, other group pushes opposite rethoric (natural reactionarism) and before you know you have two radical polarized groups that largely stem from issues that are mostly not even present in the place of "conflict", and then you may end up with "Weimar" situation. Clever people just have more foresight than most but lack resources to steer the wheel before its too late.
So you are racist because the world needs to be saved from minorities. Got it, alt right.
Just curious are you Slavic?
I'm too, don't be racist. :smile:

Last edited:
So you are racist because the world needs to be saved from minorities. Got it, alt right.

I'm too, don't be racist. :smile:
No I am meritocrat. If someone gets advanatge based on skin color, sex, religion etc, that is actually -ism. Also it devalues achievements of people from minorities that are sucessfull because of their hard work, because majority of people will automatically assume they got to their position because of the aforementioned positive bias not merit.

Back
Top Bottom