SP - UI In battle, need icons over enemies' heads, not friendlies

Users who are viewing this thread

granitestone

Recruit
When I'm in battle, my eyes are trying to target enemies to hit. I don't know why I need to see who is friendly. Trying to filter enemies by seeing they do NOT have an icon is backwards, and slow for my old-man mind. Everything about it seems backwards to me. It's much worse when scanning a cluster of troops to find someone to hit.

At *least* make it an option, right?

I hadn’t thought about it that way but I guess I agree. But it isn’t that I want to know where they are as such. I need to know who is on what team in a way that feels less… inverted. I’m fighting against troops when I have their same culture in my army, right? So you all who turn off the icons, how do you tell the friendlies once the fray becomes chaos??

What if the icons or other indicator could be occluded by terrain, and maybe only showed when close enough?

So you all who turn off the icons, how do you tell the friendlies once the fray becomes chaos??
At *least* make it an option
I'm against showing exact locations of enemies in the battle since it feels a bit like cheating.
So, I guess you could try to make it an option and if possible make it less cheaty, like by holding a key to temporarily see the icons or use the key that is used to give orders, reducing the distance it would tag, make the icons less informative or don't use icons at all just highlight the troops (with the click of a key) like the image but in red and make it less visible with distance or only show up if in the line of sight...
Just some ideas, probably useless but hey, I give what I got.
167523312.jpg

Back
Top Bottom