Idea for implementing feasts

Do You like the Idea

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • I like it partially (Describe what would You change)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I played Freelancer mod (many thanks to @Bloc for creating it.) and i realised how stupid the AI is during peace time (It is not smart during wars but during peace it's much worse). When there are no wars AI has nothing to do so it just randomly runs around raising armies and doing nothing.

That's why we need a feast mechanic so both the player and the AI have something to do in peace time.
My idea for this mechanic is as follows:

1. Any Lord and Lady (AI and Player) owning a Castle or Town can host a feast.
2. Any Lord and Lady (AI and Player) can be invited to this feast
3. Invitation can be accepted or denied.
4. The cost for the feast is 1000 denars and 1 stack of each food type item plus 1 stack of silk, oil, pottery and linen per each invited guest (if somone declines invitation it's lost)
5. Additional influence cost of inviting somone is equal to the cost for inviting them into the army.
6. If You own a Town You can additionaly organise tournament (additional payment required)
7. Holding a feast will give renown adequate to number and importance of guest (based on guest clan tier, number of fiefs and if he/she is a ruler)
8. During the feast You can interact with every guest. It will be a negotiation mini game and depending on how it will go You can get or lose relation, renown and influence.
9. If You participate in torunament during feast and win You will, exceot from standard reward get a relation with attenders. If somone has positive relation with You it will raise if it's negative it will fall and neutral won't change.
10. If You deny invitation You will lose relation with the host.
11. If 2 or more feasts are organised within the same kingdom at the same time all hosts loose relations with each other.

Ad. 1.

No possibility to organise feast during war.

Did you ever play Warband? The feast system that was in place for that game worked just fine. Which is why the greater majority of people that come from that game to Bannerlord want to see it implemented. But your suggestions go off on a bit of a tangent in comparison to the old system.

4. The cost for the feast is 1000 denars and 1 stack of each food type item plus 1 stack of silk, oil, pottery and linen per each invited guest (if somone declines invitation it's lost)
Personally feels too cheap, I think I remember in Warband that depending on the quality of food items you stored in your fief (or were willing to pay for) depended on how much influence you would receive.

9. If You participate in torunament during feast and win You will, exceot from standard reward get a relation with attenders. If somone has positive relation with You it will raise if it's negative it will fall and neutral won't change.
Would the host participate in the tourney? Either way, perhaps its not a bad idea.

10.If You deny invitation You will lose relation with the host.
Thats harsh, especially considering how busy you may be as a Lord. This wasn't the case in Warband.

11. If 2 or more feasts are organised within the same kingdom at the same time all hosts loose relations with each other.
Makes no sense at all. Considering that they might be celebrating their own personal victories and whatnot and not to mention that factions have inner circles.

12.No possibility to organise feast during war.
Why not, it was possible in Warband. Consider that your faction might constantly be at war with someone the majority of the time.

Adding feasts to Bannerlord is a must but I think you may need to refine your ideas. Personally I would use Warbands system as a starting point.

Thats harsh, especially considering how busy you may be as a Lord. This wasn't the case in Warband

Some penalty is needed. It doesn't have to be big but still. For example if there are 2 feast lord 1 may be upset that You decided to go to Lord 2. A feast will be held for several days so You'll find time if You want to go.

Makes no sense at all. Considering that they might be celebrating their own personal victories and whatnot and not to mention that factions have inner circles.

It's a bit of realism. Nobles often quarreled over things like this. You want to invite the king but somone who hates You invited him at the same time. May be restricted to the feasts that have invitations for the same people.

Why not, it was possible in Warband. Consider that your faction might constantly be at war with someone the majority of the time.

I've played watband a lot and that was one of the broken things. Feasts were so often at war times that they didn't have time to defend raided villages. That's one of the things that were really annoying to me in warband.

"Feast fistfights" (might be as well for the taverns)... I'd add something interesting to do in the towns, taverns, castles.

Might be as well other forms of a duel. Like the new quest "Duel the offender" - defend the honor of the lady (quest giver) / or kick the ass of a drunkard who is spreading lies about the lord (the quest giver).

EDIT:
12.No possibility to organise feast during war.

Adding feasts to Bannerlord is a must but I think you may need to refine your ideas. Personally I would use Warbands system as a starting point.
KyaV1.jpg

Last edited:
That's why we need a feast mechanic so both the player and the AI have something to do in peace time.
My idea for this mechanic is as follows:
1. Any Lord and Lady (AI and Player) owning a Castle or Town can host a feast.
2. Any Lord and Lady (AI and Player) can be invited to this feast
3. Invitation can be accepted or denied.

Ad. 1.

No possibility to organise feast during war.
Agree 100%.
I think the player should be able to decide how much they want to spend on the feast, and spending more means you get more Influence and more relations with the guests. That's the way it worked in Warband.
7. Holding a feast will give renown adequate to number and importance of guest (based on guest clan tier, number of fiefs and if he/she is a ruler)
Holding a feast in itself, even if you don't talk to all the guests, should also give Influence based on number of guests, and a little bit of relation with everyone who attended.
8. During the feast You can interact with every guest. It will be a negotiation mini game and depending on how it will go You can get or lose relation, renown and influence.
Could be interesting. Rather than "negotiation", though, perhaps just a quick conversation with a single stage, using the courtship dialogue system. You can gain or lose +1 relation. That way players won't feel like they have to do it, they can just do it if they feel like it.
10. If You deny invitation You will lose relation with the host.
Ditto what Askey said, this doesn't seem necessary at all and just annoying. If the player doesn't want to engage in side activities and prefers to build their army or do quests, don't punish them for it.

Why not organize feasts during war? It was possible in Warband.
Because half the lords in your kingdom deciding to go home and have a party instead of fighting when you're trying to coordinate an army to attack is incredibly frustrating. Pejot is 100% right on that one.
Consider that your faction might constantly be at war with someone the majority of the time.
Yes, but in theory TW is working on fixing that by establishing longer periods of peace. See mexxico's posts on the matter.

Yeah, making feats only available in wars is a must in my opinion.

Concerning the main opinion, I find interesting most of the ideas but except losing relation if decline invitation.

Here's how I'd like to see feasts done. Basically like how they were in Warband, but with slight alterations that take advantage of some existing systems in Bannerlord.

* The player has a Kingdom Court (was in Warband) with a Minister.
* You can talk to the Minister about setting up a feast. This brings up a barter screen with the minister where you can give them food items for the feast, or just spend money on it. Influence, Renown, and Generosity will be gained at the end of the feast, based on the variety of exotic food offered, or the amount of money spent.
* Once done setting up, if it is peacetime, you can send the invitations out to the kingdom's nobles..
* If the nobles don't have anything better to do, and don't hate you too much, they will start showing up at your Court over the next week, beginning the feast. You can go do other things while waiting for them to arrive.
* You can talk to the guests who have arrived. Each time you greet a guest, they thank you for hosting the feast and you gain +1 relations with their clan. Then, each guest will have a brief single-stage conversation with you, randomly chosen from one of the three below.
* In conversation A, they ask you what they think of a clan they dislike, which allows you to either respond with liking (gain -1 with the person and +1 with that clan) or disliking (gain +1 with the person and -1 with the clan).
* In conversation B, they ask you about the people you've met (copy+pasted from the courtship dialogue) which can give +1 for success.
* In conversation C, they ask you about your journeys (copy+pasted from the courtship dialogue) which gives +1 relations on succeeding.
* You can only have these special conversations with a member of each clan once during the feast.
* Noble guests at the feast use the tavern animations for listening to music, playing board games, or talking to each other.
* A feast can last a few days, and each day, you gain +1 relation with all clans who have members present. When the feast ends, you gain some Influence, Renown, and Generosity based on how expensive or well-stocked your feast was.
* If war is declared, the feast will end immediately (but you still get the Influence, Renown and Generosity reward).

* AI nobles can start feasts too, if it is peacetime, and can send the player an invitation (which they can choose to ignore with no penalty). If they do attend, the player doesn't get the bonuses that come with being the host, but they can do the conversations for potential relation gain, and gain +2 relations with the host by talking to them.

Last edited:
Here's how I'd like to see feasts done. Basically like how they were in Warband, but with slight alterations that take advantage of some existing systems in Bannerlord.

* You can talk to the Minister about setting up a feast. This brings up a barter screen with the minister where you can give them food items for the feast, or just spend money on it. Influence, Renown, and Generosity will be gained at the end of the feast, based on the variety of exotic food offered, or the amount of money spent.
* Once done setting up, if it is peacetime, you can send the invitations out to the kingdom's nobles..
* If the nobles don't have anything better to do, and don't hate you too much, they will start showing up at your Court over the next week, beginning the feast. You can go do other things while waiting for them to arrive.
* You can talk to the guests who have arrived. Each time you greet a guest, they thank you for hosting the feast and you gain +1 relations with their clan. This is followed by one of three single-stage conversations.
* In conversation A, they ask you what they think of a clan they dislike, which allows you to either respond with liking (gain -1 with the person and +1 with that clan) or disliking (gain +1 with the person and -1 with the clan).
* In conversation B, they ask you about your philosophy on life (copy+pasted from the courtship dialogue) which can give +1 for success.
* In conversation C, they ask you about your exploits (copy+pasted from the courtship dialogue) which gives +1 relations on succeeding. You can only have these special conversations with a member of each clan once during the feast.
* Noble guests at the feast use the tavern animations for listening to music, playing board games, or talking to each other.
* A feast can last a few days, and each day, you gain +1 relation with all clans who have members present. When the feast ends, you gain some Influence, Renown, and Generosity based on how expensive or well-stocked your feast was.
* If war is declared, the feast will end immediately (but you still get the Influence, Renown and Generosity reward).

* AI nobles can start feasts too, if it is peacetime, and can send the player an invitation (which they can choose to ignore with no penalty). If they do attend, the player doesn't get the bonuses that come with being the host, but they can do the conversations for potential relation gain, and gain +2 relations with the host by talking to them.

+1

I really would love to see this implemented. Just some extra things:

- Tournaments while feats like in Warband. Would be great if these tournaments would provide a better reward due to 100% lord attendants.
- If war is declared: the feast continue but all lords who are leading a party simply ignore the feast while these lords who are not leading a party stay in the feast for a couple of days or so.

* You can talk to the guests who have arrived. Each time you greet a guest, they thank you for hosting the feast and you gain +1 relations with their clan. This is followed by one of three single-stage conversations.
* In conversation B, they ask you about your philosophy on life (copy+pasted from the courtship dialogue) which can give +1 for success.
* In conversation C, they ask you about your exploits (copy+pasted from the courtship dialogue) which gives +1 relations on succeeding. You can only have these special conversations with a member of each clan once during the feast.

+1 Very nice

These are nice ideas but I would say even if a noble doesn't like you they should have chance to attend, even if it is a lower chance. It would be a great way to repair relations with that noble.
I wish something like this would be done by Taleworlds but lets be frank they would never add anything like this to the game. They have zero interest in adding rp mechanics to the game and if they did all we'd get is a text box saying who came and how much your influence, and relations improved with those attending, in other words TW would do it the laziest way possible.

These are nice ideas but I would say even if a noble doesn't like you they should have chance to attend, even if it is a lower chance. It would be a great way to repair relations with that noble.
Relations drift back towards 0 over a long period of time, don't they?
I was thinking only nobles with something like -50 relation against the player wouldn't attend, and to get there you basically have to kill their whole clan, by which point it would be weird if they wanted to come to your party.
I wish something like this would be done by Taleworlds but lets be frank they would never add anything like this to the game. They have zero interest in adding rp mechanics to the game and if they did all we'd get is a text box saying who came and how much your influence, and relations improved with those attending, in other words TW would do it the laziest way possible.
You're probably right, idk. Some things like the new smithing orders system and the terrain battle system appear to be receiving effort, but whatever they work on and actually put effort into generally takes a good year to finish.

I tried to avoid adding any extra stuff that mechanics didn't already exist for, as I'm aware they have lots going on.
I really would love to see this implemented. Just some extra things:

- Tournaments while feats like in Warband. Would be great if these tournaments would provide a better reward due to 100% lord attendants.
Sounds great. We need more rewarding tournaments that are worth doing in the late game.

Back
Top Bottom