Remove Cav From Siege

Users who are viewing this thread

Goddamn people who complain about cav being removed are such noobs. Learn how to use a spear, it's not difficult. So many salty archers that sit and camp all game who are tilted when any skilled cav come and wrecks their team in literally any game mode.

Goddamn people who complain about cav being removed are such noobs. Learn how to use a spear, it's not difficult. So many salty archers that sit and camp all game who are tilted when any skilled cav come and wrecks their team in literally any game mode.

Or people that mainly play inf that have to tolerate cav spam on the final flag in Siege....when (if you ever played Warband) was a completely different experience that simply pitted inf and archers against each other like most would imagine Siege to actually be.
A simple fix would be to limit where cav can go on the Siege maps, by stopping them from walking backwards up the stairs.

Or people that mainly play inf that have to tolerate cav spam on the final flag in Siege....when (if you ever played Warband) was a completely different experience that simply pitted inf and archers against each other like most would imagine Siege to actually be.
A simple fix would be to limit where cav can go on the Siege maps, by stopping them from walking backwards up the stairs.
If you're playing archer or infantry and get killed by a cav taking 10 seconds to walk backwards up a long staircase then you deserve to die, plain and simple. Ample opportunity to kill the horse and/or rider on the ascent. Final flag is always a moshpit of bodies anyway, the extra cav that exist there just mean more loose horses for players to take so you can counter cav easier.

Nothing is preventing players from playing Warband, this game's numbers remain so low since there are many who would rather still play that. If you're going to play Bannerlord instead just adjust to what this game offers, yet so many players would rather complain than actually get better.

A more sensible change would be siege limiting the amount of cavalry each side can field at one time, yet that would require TW to code it in so it might as well be impossible.

If you're playing archer or infantry and get killed by a cav taking 10 seconds to walk backwards up a long staircase then you deserve to die, plain and simple. Ample opportunity to kill the horse and/or rider on the ascent. Final flag is always a moshpit of bodies anyway, the extra cav that exist there just mean more loose horses for players to take so you can counter cav easier.

Nothing is preventing players from playing Warband, this game's numbers remain so low since there are many who would rather still play that. If you're going to play Bannerlord instead just adjust to what this game offers, yet so many players would rather complain than actually get better.

Really confused by this comment. Have you played Siege Bannerlord? You're saying that cav hinders the chances of claiming the flag.
So its the players fault, we aren't playing the game correctly, because we are "noobs", "complain" needlessly and "salty" . I guess we lean towards your elite skills and advice on how we should play. I mean the clan tag, the title Heir in your profile name along with the "git gud" attitude suggests this right?

As this is an early access game, I was under the impression that customers had their say in the development process - I mean Taleworlds encourage this. So you're saying that everyone elses opinion (who used to play and enjoy Warband) on the development process of Bannerlord is irrelevant even if that means alienating customers from the previous game (even though when it released into ea, it clearly aimed to pull in these players).

Really confused by this comment. Have you played Siege Bannerlord? You're saying that cav hinders the chances of claiming the flag.
So its the players fault, we aren't playing the game correctly, because we are "noobs", "complain" needlessly and "salty" . I guess we lean towards your elite skills and advice on how we should play. I mean the clan tag, the title Heir in your profile name along with the "git gud" attitude suggests this right?

As this is an early access game, I was under the impression that customers had their say in the development process - I mean Taleworlds encourage this. So you're saying that everyone elses opinion (who used to play and enjoy Warband) on the development process of Bannerlord is irrelevant even if that means alienating customers from the previous game (even though when it released into ea, it clearly aimed to pull in these players).

Think you're lacking some reading comprehension here. At no point did I say that cav hinders the chance of claiming a flag. Cav is a support unit, if anything it increases your chances of control. The final flag is a moshpit, meaning literally everyone on both teams other than the archers that are still camping are moving toward or actively engaged on the point. Yes, there is an overwhelming amount of stupid threads like this one with players complaining about cav and the hard truth is 99% of those players are not good enough at playing cav or defending against it so just ceaselessly complain.

With regards to "Heir" it is a character from Warhammer lmao but I like how that's where your mind decided to go after modest criticism not even aimed at you.

It is exceptionally clear that TW does not listen to players in discord or in these forums. How else can you explain the lack of private servers, lack of balanced factions, lack of battle mode, general lack of content, no clear roadmap on where the MP is going, lack of change weapons command for AI troops and other things that were found in WB that aren't in this game?

Think you're lacking some reading comprehension here. At no point did I say that cav hinders the chance of claiming a flag. Cav is a support unit, if anything it increases your chances of control. The final flag is a moshpit, meaning literally everyone on both teams other than the archers that are still camping are moving toward or actively engaged on the point. Yes, there is an overwhelming amount of stupid threads like this one with players complaining about cav and the hard truth is 99% of those players are not good enough at playing cav or defending against it so just ceaselessly complain.

With regards to "Heir" it is a character from Warhammer lmao but I like how that's where your mind decided to go after modest criticism not even aimed at you.

It is exceptionally clear that TW does not listen to players in discord or in these forums. How else can you explain the lack of private servers, lack of balanced factions, lack of battle mode, general lack of content, no clear roadmap on where the MP is going, lack of change weapons command for AI troops and other things that were found in WB that aren't in this game?
So everyone in this thread are needlessly complaining and are nubs. Along with everyone in these threads;

In this thread its pointed out by a moderator that the developers have identified that cav are too impactful (which we know they will increase the cost of them);

But all these people are just nubs and know nothing about anything. Even though this subject is brought up again and again, perhaps its because there is some truth to it. Or maybe they are just nubs that can't compare to your elite skillz.

So everyone in this thread are needlessly complaining and are nubs. Along with everyone in these threads;

In this thread its pointed out by a moderator that the developers have identified that cav are too impactful (which we know they will increase the cost of them);

But all these people are just nubs and know nothing about anything. Even though this subject is brought up again and again, perhaps its because there is some truth to it. Or maybe they are just nubs that can't compare to your elite skillz.
Already gave a more insightful answer than anything you have come up with. Again it is far easier to complain about something than actually improving your play to the point where it isn't an issue; it literally only is an issue for people who don't have the technical skills to defend against it or play it themselves. No one is forcing anyone else to play and yet they continue to do so. Plenty of others have left. TW being aware of an "issue" ≠ TW making a change. Increasing the cost on cav won't stop bad players from getting destroyed by good cav. Siege is a causal gamemode, even the proposed siege "league" will not be competitive because it is a casual gamemode with wonky mechanics, generally bad maps, and a major advantage for the defenders always if the sides were close to being equal in skill.

Last edited:
Already gave a more insightful answer than anything you have come up with. Again it is far easier to complain about something than actually improving your play to the point where it isn't an issue; it literally only is an issue for people who don't have the technical skills to defend against it or play it themselves. No one is forcing anyone else to play and yet they continue to do so. Plenty of others have left. TW being aware of an "issue" ≠ TW making a change. Increasing the cost on cav won't stop bad players from getting destroyed by good cav. Siege is a causal gamemode, even the proposed siege "league" will not be competitive because it is a casual gamemode with wonky mechanics, generally bad maps, and a major advantage for the defenders always if the sides were close to being equal in skill.
Yeah, no. Your insightful answer is everyone is a nub. Anyway, you don't bring much to the discussion, so I think Ive said everything I need to say.

I keep hearing cav mains talk about how easy it is to counter them. I guess everyone except for them lack this insight.

The fact is; cav is pretty much OP in every gamemode and deserve a fat nerf. Also some or all of the maps must stop allowing cav so much open area

I keep hearing cav mains talk about how easy it is to counter them. I guess everyone except for them lack this insight.

The fact is; cav is pretty much OP in every gamemode and deserve a fat nerf. Also some or all of the maps must stop allowing cav so much open area
Ikr it's so annoying, "use a pike" lol
There's no such thing as good cav

For whatever reason, it seems Taleworlds saw Warband as a laughing stock or painful embarrassment, so they've tried their utmost to erase it from memory and make Bannerlord as "un-Warband"-like as possible. Unfortunately, this also meant disregarding many of the things which made Warband's mp successful and fun.

Now you're left with Bannerlord. Enjoy.

I legitimately believe you cannot read. Sad!
The people playing skirmish complain about cav.
The people playing tdm complain about cav.
The people playing siege complain about cav.
There are hundreds of discussions in the forum about cav beeing op.
Even the people that were playing the beta and left for good complained about cav.
Now you are coming along telling us that everyone just sucks and has to get better. On top of that you believe that some members here cannot read. You haven’t heard the bell ringing did you?

Now you are coming along telling us that everyone just sucks and has to get better. On top of that you believe that some members here cannot read. You haven’t heard the bell ringing did you?
A more sensible change would be siege limiting the amount of cavalry each side can field at one time, yet that would require TW to code it in so it might as well be impossible.
^ this sentence I wrote is what I'm talking about. It is abundantly clear you morons cannot read because this is a better solution for casual gamemodes like siege and tdm than anything your lizard brains have come up with. I'm not just saying get gud. Wake up, cav is supposed to be OP as it was in medieval combat. Oh No BuT iN WaRBaND CaV wAS moRE BAlaNCeD. This isn't warband. There are counters, most notably learning to play cav yourself since you understand it is the best class in the game currently. If that doesn't appeal to you no one is forcing you to play.

Can you teach me how to fight backstabbing cav while dueling with 2 other people or how to chamber cav Ms. captain mode player? I know you're very skilled at the game and probably the best player just like all the other captain mode players. Everyone is here a noob and don't know how to fight cav except you. Plz teach me how to get gud at the game
Ah yes another guy hiding behind an alt account demeaning people who learned from captain. Like 5 retards from captain had this mentality and idiots like you somehow think it applies to the entire community. It is very easy to learn cav skills in captain that apply directly to every other gamemode since current captain is just skirmish with extra lives and 0 unit caps on cav. Since when are you supposed to win cav assisted 1v3s anyway lol the delusion is strong here. If you want to talk about the lack of chambering in this game compared to warband that is a more valid point and one I would suggest you guys stick with instead of endlessly complaining without offering solutions or actually pinging the devs. Again for all the **** something like the CL discord gets there is a direct line to the devs there so at least you can watch them ignore you in real time

Goddamn people who complain about cav being removed are such noobs..... So many salty archers that sit and camp all game who are tilted when any skilled cav come and wrecks their team in literally any game mode.

Nothing is preventing players from playing Warband,....yet so many players would rather complain than actually get better.

^ this sentence I wrote is what I'm talking about. It is abundantly clear you morons cannot read because this is a better solution for casual gamemodes like siege and tdm than anything your lizard brains have come up with. I'm not just saying get gud.
Oh No BuT iN WaRBaND CaV wAS moRE BAlaNCeD.

Ah yes another guy hiding behind an alt account demeaning people who learned from captain. Like 5 retards from captain had this mentality and idiots like you somehow think it applies to the entire community.

The majority of what you typed is pure toxicity, constantly massaging your ego and happily slagging others off.

....and after all that you draw our attention to one sentence. Maybe people chose not to listen because you're acting like an asshat?

Also if you have to limit the amount of cav, like you're suggesting why not just nerf them like most others are suggesting?

Yes i agree, cav was definitely op in medieval sieges and you had cav climbing up the stairs and running around like bunch of fools without getting punished. In fact, medieval sieges consisted of defenders going mostly cav and attacking attackers at their spawn, this is so true. Also i agree that captain mode teaches you cav skills like bump hits and bump couching, not just pressing x. This is why all captain mode players are very skilled and gud. Even warband vets would look like bunch of scrubs compared to captain players since captain mode is the highest level of competition.
If you're playing archer or infantry and get killed by a cav taking 10 seconds to walk backwards up a long staircase then you deserve to die, plain and simple.
So weird that "good" "warband" players like yourself die very easily in siege and tdm still to "captain" players like me all the time. Sad!

Back
Top Bottom