Resolved Beta 1.5.10 Can't issue commands once enemy start to flee battle field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
I am playing on 1.6.0 and still experience this issue. If this is supposed to stay like this I'm going back to Warband. Extremely irritating to play like this.

Inappropriate behavior
Devs, u have any idea how many problems it created ? All listed in above posts. <snip> It completely breaks the game in later, even mid, stages with larger armies. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Devs, u have any idea how many problems it created ? All listed in above posts btw. Is your QA team a single person who is ****ing dumb ? Sorry for harsh words but this is so stupid, it completely breaks the game in later, even mid, stages with larger armies. Could u please use your brain before u change something, that was working, for no reason what so ever ??? What the actual ****.
Such statements are prohibited by the rules of the forum. You can familiarize yourself with them at the link.You must change the content of your message or I will be forced to block you. Try to express your criticism in a more polite manner.

How is this a "Resolved" issue?
By MArdA completely misunderstanding what we are talking about initially, and quite frankly I am still in doubt, whether he or anyone actually understood the issue, everything I see on this issue aside from MArdA's very obvious misunderstanding on the first page of this topic, have been vague, and as such at this point I sadly am just hoping they fix this by accident when changing something else

It will likely see further changes. At least at the last discussion it was deemed not desired as it is.
As Duh noted in another thread, this game mechanic will likely see further changes but it's not considered as a bug per se (rather, a gameplay mechanic that needs some more tweaking) - that's why this thread is marked as resolved.

As Duh noted in another thread, this game mechanic will likely see further changes but it's not considered as a bug per se (rather, a gameplay mechanic that needs some more tweaking) - that's why this thread is marked as resolved.
Someone important really has to like how it works if you guys consider current solution (which needs tweaking) better than reverting it. Haven't seen a single comment saying this change is good. Did you?

The thing is, at least personally, and I would be surprised if there aren't others like that too, I have my doubt that what you consider "not a bug, but a gameplay mechanic that is likely to see changes in the future" is even the thing this bug report was about. Not ONCE have I seen a single dev response clearly acknowledging the actual mechanic/bug this report been about from the start. Specially since it really really baffles me how you can not consider this a bug, if you are indeed talking about the right thing. So could I at least ask you(or another dev) to clearly spell out what is the mechanic you think is being talked about here, that you consider "undesirable, so will likely see changes in the future, but is not a bug per say"?

Someone important really has to like how it works if you guys consider current solution (which needs tweaking) better than reverting it. Haven't seen a single comment saying this change is good. Did you?
Maybe the vast (and I mean VAST) majority of players liked it, and forum posters are simply wrong. This happens all the time!

Haven't seen a single comment saying this change is good. Did you?
Yeah agreed, I haven't seen a positive comment regarding this change. I will bring up this issue again next week when we're back from the holidays.
The thing is, at least personally, and I would be surprised if there aren't others like that too, I have my doubt that what you consider "not a bug, but a gameplay mechanic that is likely to see changes in the future" is even the thing this bug report was about. Not ONCE have I seen a single dev response clearly acknowledging the actual mechanic/bug this report been about from the start. Specially since it really really baffles me how you can not consider this a bug, if you are indeed talking about the right thing. So could I at least ask you(or another dev) to clearly spell out what is the mechanic you think is being talked about here, that you consider "undesirable, so will likely see changes in the future, but is not a bug per say"?
We understand what the issue is and sure - you're talking about the fact that after the enemy units are defeated and start routing fully - it's not possible to give orders to your own units anymore (the UI gets disabled). And this prevents you from chasing up routing enemies - since any commands that you gave prior to the UI being disabled stay in effect. Half are cheering and the other half are doing whatever they were doing prior to the UI being disabled. So any cav that previously wasn't on the "Charge" order f.e. will just stay in place.

What I've been doing is trying to anticipate when the enemy will route fully and give the charge order to everyone prior to that - which is obviously not enjoyable but it is a somewhat working workaround for the time being.

Yeah agreed, I haven't seen a positive comment regarding this change. I will bring up this issue again next week when we're back from the holidays.

We understand what the issue is and sure - you're talking about the fact that after the enemy units are defeated and start routing fully - it's not possible to give orders to your own units anymore (the UI gets disabled). And this prevents you from chasing up routing enemies - since any commands that you gave prior to the UI being disabled stay in effect. Half are cheering and the other half are doing whatever they were doing prior to the UI being disabled. So any cav that previously wasn't on the "Charge" order f.e. will just stay in place.

What I've been doing is trying to anticipate when the enemy will route fully and give the charge order to everyone prior to that - which is obviously not enjoyable but it is a somewhat working workaround for the time being.
Perhaps you could implemnt it in a way that when the battle ends only the high tier troops still listen to orders(because they are diciplined veterans) while the lower tier units start "looting" or whatever.

Perhaps you could implemnt it in a way that when the battle ends only the high tier troops still listen to orders(because they are diciplined veterans) while the lower tier units start "looting" or whatever.

This is not what the topic is about. It's about the unit and order user interface not showing up at all when the enemy starts fleeing. It's not half doing that or doing something else, it's about the absolute impossibility for the player to interact with player's units at certain point in battle.

Gummiel, yep, I followed the topic from pretty much day 1 but couldn't post anything because there is a two day restriction preventing you to do that after registration for some reason. I thought the devs would fix this promptly, since this change has rendered the game next to entirely unplayable, and the game isn't free, after all. But, the lack of activity and understanding as well as the issue marked resolved concerns me. And yes, there is the "fight to death" mod, but in late game you take unnecessary losses against large armies because of this mod. Charging everyone is also a suboptimal solution, since all armies roll with 80% (the number is convservative, naturally, lol) noble troops now.

Last edited:
Yeah, UI being disabled seems like an unnecessary change. I like the idea of Tier 3 and below units mindlessly charging and the rest listening to orders.

As a separate thing, I would also love to play around with my units to try out different formations. We don't really have a place to practice with our entire army. Would be kind of cool to have the option to load into a scene without any enemies and have our units listen to our commands. As for lore/flavor, we can say that we are doing drills.

This fix isn't coming, is it? This is the way the game is gonna play from now on?
I don't think there was a game update since Dejan said he's going to bring this up after their holidays. Let's be fair. Wait at least till the next update with comments like this one.

It doesn't make a difference when it was reported. Previously they said it was by design. Only recently Dejan talked about discussing it with the devs.

Forwarded to the design team on May, 7th. That "only recently" you've mentioned here happened on June, 14th. It's July, 31st today. And why exactly are you arguing about it? Or answer at all. Are you in capacity to provide me with an answer to the question that I have initially asked and/or entitled to talk on behalf this game devs?

Back
Top Bottom