SP - General Selecting How to Start Sandbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Atm we only have one option in sandbox, and that is to start as a fresh character and do all the grinding. Which is fine, but how about adding 3 options before creating your character, such as, start as an adventure, mercenary and vassal.

Adventure - Already in game, basically starting out fresh - Difficulty - Hard

Mercenary - Start as a mercenary for any factions, players would have decent skills, money, renown, decent armour, weapons, troops and party size etc. - Difficulty - Medium

Vassel - Start as a vassal for any factions, players would have better skills, more money, renown, better armour, weapons, troops, party size, and a castle or 2 etc. - Difficulty - Easy

In this way, players can either choose any of these options, if players feel like they don't want to grind and would already start with decent gear, skills, party size etc.

I voted "Yes". I want this. But it has nothing with difficulty to do. The start is not "hard" - just grindy. This is just a shoty-cut into the action!
Yea, if grinding isn't your thing for early game. Also, grinding would still be in game, doing the same quests, same battles, recruiting troops etc. But basically a shortcut

Finally someone brings this kind of suggestion.
THIS MUST BE ADDED
In this way, players can either choose any of these options, if players feel like they don't want to grind and would already start with decent gear, skills, party size etc.
I made a thread with this concept in mind, no one seemed to care. Hopefully devs take notice and can discuss these suggestions internally.
I would like to suggest the ability to fully customize a campaign start.
You would be able to:
  • Choose which factions you start the game with, dominated by a particular faction, with x or y factions eliminated
    • Change and choose which settlements each faction holds if any.
  • Change the names of factions, clans, lords... (on a second thought, I don't think it goes in line with TW design)
  • Choose which clans exist, their tier, etc
  • Number of armies, troops, money, enemies and other variables to change the overall strength of factions, clans and Lords
  • Choose of the year you start and what events have already occurred before you start your game
  • Enable/disable main quest and other customization already present in the game
  • Set winning objectives
The idea is to give the player a quick way to get mid or late game experience and test different scenarios that might never occur in a normal campaign.
Bumping this thread, I think this has great potential.
Some images so you can better see what I'm talking about (other games as an example).
Top left image - Kindgoms Reborn
Top right image - Field of Glory II: Medieval
Bottom image - Port Royale 4
And yeah this would be implemented in the sandbox campaign.
hTcv9jJ.jpg
s0sgBMc.jpg
S8FXa0P.jpg

I wanna start as the Emperor of the entire map with a completely unstable Empire with major civil wars, peasant revolts, feudal fragmentation etc popping off

A simple implementation of this would be nice. VC had a version of this feature. IIRC, you could choose to start normally, start as a vassal, or start as a king.

Yea, if grinding isn't your thing for early game. Also, grinding would still be in game, doing the same quests, same battles, recruiting troops etc. But basically a shortcut
Yes. Grinding is still there and in all aspects except player level and starting holdings all kinds of grinding is still a thing. For me its only a shortcut and a close to must-have to fully make the game replayable by cutting the first 5 hours whn thats not the thing you want to play.

In VC I really did only one start from level 1 and a hundred from vassal.

Back
Top Bottom