Sturgian default battle behavior needs a change

Users who are viewing this thread

So I recently got brain parasites and decided to try a Sturgian campaign in the 1.6.0 Beta, as in joining the Sturgians and fighting with them. However, pretty early on I noticed an odd behavior with their armies that really made them extremely ineffective. See, if the Sturgians are on the attack, even without a decisive advantage, their default behavior is to charge their infantry. No, not advance in shieldwall into charging range, not skirmish a bit to deal with the enemy's numbers, just charge as soon as the battle starts. This, as you can imagine, gets most of their soldiers killed against factions that do use defensive formations, which is all of them. I've got an image that demonstrates the major difference.

Off to the right of the image is actually more soldiers that got separated from the main group that I wasn't able to fit into the picture, and were almost immediately killed. Almost every battle with these guys ends up being a slaughter because of this. So yeah, a change might be due.

Check the Tactics skill of the lord leading the army/party. If you can't see it on their character sheet, it is low as hell and they'll do dumb **** like this.

If it is higher than 60 or 80 (IIRC), I don't know what gives, that doesn't happen to me. ?‍♂️

Check the Tactics skill of the lord leading the army/party. If you can't see it on their character sheet, it is low as hell and they'll do dumb **** like this.

If it is higher than 60 or 80 (IIRC), I don't know what gives, that doesn't happen to me. ?‍♂️
I think in one case it was Raganvad, and another it was Olek or something. I just remember them being well established lords, and being shocked that they were just charging the infantry in. In one battle, I was part of an army, and the overall goal at the start said, "We'll attack with an all out assault focused on our infantry," Which apparently meant we'll just charge our men into the enemy shieldwall while their Fians tear our unorganized asses to pieces.

There have been other battles where they do go well, but the others have just been baffling.

I believe there's only one set of AI for all factions. It would be really cool if each faction had their own that tried to play to their troop trees strengths/weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom