Next New Big Feature after Campaign Battle Maps and Keep Battle? (W/Dev Replies)

Users who are viewing this thread

After keep battles and terrain-based battle maps, if they were to release a major feature per 1.6.X (which will never happen,) my wishlist would be:

1.6.1 - Spear bracing, with troop trees reorganized to make it fit in well as a mechanic.

1.6.2 - Kingdom Court: When you start a kingdom, your first fief houses a Court (which can be moved). Fiefless nobles visit your Court to offer to join your faction, for a price. You have a Minister there who tells you about Issues forming in the kingdom (which with Bannerlord's parties system would allow you to dispatch companions to deal with them). This would be a major improvement on how frustrating it is for the player to run around the whole world and do everything themselves as a ruler. Was in Warband.

1.6.3 - Minor Faction bases. These were shown in the 2016 demo, and looked kind of like bandit hideouts for minor factions. It would be good if minor factions had a permanent location to hire their own troops and for the player to make contact with them.

1.6.4 - Feasts. The ability for nobles and the player to hold feasts during peacetime, which raise Influence, increase relations, and give you the opportunity to talk to lots of nobles at the same time, along with the immersion benefits. Was in Warband.

1.6.5 - Deserter enemies (military-grade bandits) spawned from low morale parties, Manhunters that spawn in areas of high bandit activity and have a recruitable troop tree focused on blunt weapons, training peasant women into Sword Sisters, Book Merchants who sell skillbooks, Hitmen/Belligerent Drunks who attack you in settlements, all of which were in Warband.

1.6.7 - Lord Duels. The dialogue option to insult a noble and start a duel, or Lords who dislike you occasionally challenging you to a duel. This would return the Denounce Lord/Defend Honor quests from Warband.

1.6.8 - Pre-battle army placement in field battles.

1.6.9 - Criminal Enterprise: TW has mentioned this in the past and still advertises "make a Criminal Empire!" on the Steam store page, but we have still not seen them. In theory, you can take over alleys from gangs to start a "criminal enterprise" of your own there (black market?) which works just like a workshop, but with much higher profit, at the cost of raising your criminal rating, and having to fight off other gangs every now and then (implemented).
With this feature, alleys would finally have a purpose.

1.7 - Secessions/Civil Wars: The larger a kingdom gets and the more vassals it has, the more likely one of its AI vassals is (if they have low relations with the ruler, are different culture, or are devious) to try and convince other AI vassals to secede with their fiefs, starting a civil war.
Warband had civil wars, though the player had to kick them off. If TW had time to add AI-driven secession, it would give the player an endless source of enemies in the end-game (making the dynastic mechanics relevant), and solve the problem of faction imbalance and boring diplomacy in the late-game, by reintroducing defeated cultures as breakaway factions.

That would be all the major features I'd want. Obviously the game's existing features would still need improving, but the content base would have succeeded in delivering on TW's feature promises and making a great sequel to Warband.
<3

1.6.1 - Spear bracing, with troop trees reorganized to make it fit in well as a mechanic.

1.6.2 - Kingdom Court: When you start a kingdom, your first fief houses a Court (which can be moved). Fiefless nobles visit your Court to offer to join your faction, for a price. You have a Minister there who tells you about Issues forming in the kingdom (which with Bannerlord's parties system would allow you to dispatch companions to deal with them). This would be a major improvement on how frustrating it is for the player to run around the whole world and do everything themselves as a ruler. Was in Warband.

1.6.3 - Minor Faction bases. These were shown in the 2016 demo, and looked kind of like bandit hideouts for minor factions. It would be good if minor factions had a permanent location to hire their own troops and for the player to make contact with them.

1.6.4 - Feasts. The ability for nobles and the player to hold feasts during peacetime, which raise Influence, increase relations, and give you the opportunity to talk to lots of nobles at the same time, along with the immersion benefits. Was in Warband.

1.6.5 - Deserter enemies (military-grade bandits) spawned from low morale parties, Manhunters that spawn in areas of high bandit activity and have a recruitable troop tree focused on blunt weapons, training peasant women into Sword Sisters, Book Merchants who sell skillbooks, Hitmen/Belligerent Drunks who attack you in settlements, all of which were in Warband.

1.6.7 - Lord Duels. The dialogue option to insult a noble and start a duel, or Lords who dislike you occasionally challenging you to a duel. This would return the Denounce Lord/Defend Honor quests from Warband.

1.6.9 - Criminal Enterprise: TW has mentioned this in the past and still advertises "make a Criminal Empire!" on the Steam store page, but we have still not seen them. In theory, you can take over alleys from gangs to start a "criminal enterprise" of your own there (black market?) which works just like a workshop, but with much higher profit, at the cost of raising your criminal rating, and having to fight off other gangs every now and then (implemented).

1.7 - Secessions/Civil Wars: The larger a kingdom gets and the more vassals it has, the more likely one of its AI vassals is (if they have low relations with the ruler, are different culture, or are devious) to try and convince other AI vassals to secede with their fiefs, starting a civil war.
Warband had civil wars, though the player had to kick them off. If TW had time to add AI-driven secession, it would give the player an endless source of enemies in the end-game (making the dynastic mechanics relevant), and solve the problem of faction imbalance and boring diplomacy in the late-game, by reintroducing defeated cultures as breakaway factions.

That would be all the major features I'd want. Obviously the game's existing features would still need improving, but the content base would have succeeded in delivering on TW's feature promises and making a great sequel to Warband.
+1 with just a small note that I wish they implement "Criminal Enterprise" a little bit earlier :wink:

By just a simple proportion of the recent patch waiting time, the rate would be approx. 1 major update every 2 months. That means 1.7 would be released in the summer of 2022 roughly speaking.

[...]
Absolutely. Someone had to say it and it has been said. ? ?

If this EA thing is supposed to end in October... I can't make the maths work.
giphy.gif

---
Edit: Do not forget "Banners" implementation...

After keep battles and terrain-based battle maps, if they were to release a major feature per 1.6.X (which will never happen,) my wishlist would be:

+1 100% agree,
I would like to add 2 things:
- special order menu for sieges
- more difference between faction army builds to make ever war feel unique and fresh.

By just a simple proportion of the recent patch waiting time, the rate would be approx. 1 major update every 2 months. That means 1.7 would be released in the summer of 2022 roughly speaking.
Yep, and that's with the already extremely generous assumption that TW could manage a new major feature per 2 months instead of, say, 6.
But I am quite fine with waiting for mid-2022 if I have to. We've already been told that expected release is Q4 2021 (December 2021 at the latest) and really, as long as they start working faster on implementing requested features and fixes, I don't mind how many release dates they have to miss.
@five bucks - you missed 1.6.6 release
1.6.6 is reserved for the barbershop update, which is already planned by TW and needs no feedback from me. (Thanks, will edit).

If this EA thing is supposed to end in October... I can't make the maths work.
Yep, and that's with the already extremely generous assumption that TW could manage a new major feature per 2 months instead of, say, 6.
But I am quite fine with waiting for mid-2022 if I have to. We've already been told that expected release is Q4 2021 (December 2021 at the latest) and really, as long as they start working faster on implementing requested features and fixes, I don't mind how many release dates they have to miss.
Yep, and that does not include some of the national holidays, "longer work naps", changes in policies, etc. So the model is simple and may not be applicable in the long run... as life in TW is a dynamic struggle.

I guess I'll be fine with them closing the EA (so no white knights use it as an excuse) in October and support the game from that moment on (as Mr. Callum said). Because they can actually do the same after the EA is closed... release patches and so on. Paradox does it all the time releasing unfinished games and spamming DLC and patches for the next 10 years.

@five bucks

What I didn't actually recognize in the first place - your wishlist does not contain any MP feature (which I see @Terco_Viejo may soon lose all hope for :wink:). So TW has not confirmed the MP is dead already as many people here suggested... You should expect them to either double their efforts (which may take even more time) or finally admit to the failure (i have my doubts)...

We will see.

After keep battles and terrain-based battle maps, If they were to release a major feature per 1.6.X (which will never happen,) my wishlist would be:

1.6.2 - Spear bracing, with troop trees reorganized to make it fit in well as a mechanic.

1.6.3 - Kingdom Court: When you start a kingdom, your first fief houses a Court (which can be moved). Fiefless nobles visit your Court to offer to join your faction, for a price. You have a Minister there who tells you about Issues forming in the kingdom (which with Bannerlord's parties system would allow you to dispatch companions to deal with them). This would be a major improvement on how frustrating it is for the player to run around the whole world and do everything themselves as a ruler. Was in Warband.

1.6.4 - Minor Faction bases. These were shown in the 2016 demo, and looked kind of like bandit hideouts for minor factions. It would be good if minor factions had a permanent location to hire their own troops and for the player to make contact with them.

1.6.5 - Feasts. The ability for nobles and the player to hold feasts during peacetime, which raise Influence, increase relations, and give you the opportunity to talk to lots of nobles at the same time, along with the immersion benefits. Was in Warband.

1.6.6 - Deserter enemies (military-grade bandits) spawned from low morale parties, Manhunters that spawn in areas of high bandit activity and have a recruitable troop tree focused on blunt weapons, training peasant women into Sword Sisters, Book Merchants who sell skillbooks, Hitmen/Belligerent Drunks who attack you in settlements, all of which were in Warband.

+1

I still hope we can join the minor factions.
In my mod they will have a very interesting unit roster.

1.6.4 - Minor Faction bases. These were shown in the 2016 demo, and looked kind of like bandit hideouts for minor factions. It would be good if minor factions had a permanent location to hire their own troops and for the player to make contact with them.
HIDEOUTS with CONTEXT MENUS you can ENTER like a VILLAGE

FAN?TASTIC?

feast where boring in the original game, i need real banners, and more now that the banners mod gives you childrens as warriors

[...] which I see @Terco_Viejo may soon lose all hope for :wink:)[...]
Honestly, the situation can no longer be justified. I hope the devs (both rowing and management) come back with their batteries recharged and without a hint of post-holiday syndrome because I suspect that this final push is going to be tough for them if they continue with this rhythm. The Community is more burnt than a punky's motorbike.

As we head into August, Taleworlds needs to get its act together for good and stop beating around the bush about it. I insist, the ball is in Taleworlds' court...

feast where boring in the original game
Yes there were, but the vanilla game was boring (except combat) but that doesn't mean that TW should leave something like this out. In fact they should've expanded on it and made it not boring or at least less boring. If nothing else it gives a bit of life to the world. Ffs even though weddings and courtship which were boring in Warband are way better than in Bannerlord. Courtship/marriage in BL has all the appeal and excitement of watching paint dry.

feast where boring in the original game, i need real banners
Although the feast itself wasn't interesting, they had important benefits that made the game more fun and less frustrating:
* It brought a lot of lords and ladies into the same place at once so you can talk to them, which is particularly useful when you're trying to get married.
* They were always accompanied by a tournament, and you could dedicate your victory to a lady at the feast to improve chances of courtship success.
* It gave the player something to do during peacetime as a vassal.
* It added immersion to the world to actually see nobles doing something other than fighting 24/7.
* It gave trader or non-combat-focused roleplays a way of gaining relation with a lot of different lords at once (which would also mean gaining Influence in Bannerlord).

With Bannerlord's board games and idle animations for NPCs added to feasts, I can also see them being more interesting/immersive than in Warband; and adding them will provide a convenient base for modders to add more interesting features still.

I agree banners should be brought back, and TW have said they're going to do it eventually and that it's just low priority now, waiting on another feature to be completed first.

Love your entire list but for me this is one of the biggest ones, having like an issues aggregator location like a capital or home fief where you can sit down with your advisors/clan/party members and perform unique actions or just assign them an available task from a pool of current issues within a certain radius maybe. The way you described this is spot on and basically just uses already existing systems too.
After keep battles and terrain-based battle maps, If they were to release a major feature per 1.6.X (which will never happen,) my wishlist would be:

1.6.3 - Kingdom Court: When you start a kingdom, your first fief houses a Court (which can be moved). Fiefless nobles visit your Court to offer to join your faction, for a price. You have a Minister there who tells you about Issues forming in the kingdom (which with Bannerlord's parties system would allow you to dispatch companions to deal with them). This would be a major improvement on how frustrating it is for the player to run around the whole world and do everything themselves as a ruler. Was in Warband.

Even having this system as a vassal lower tier clan within a kingdom, where you can sit in your home fief with your subordinates and make choices would be awesome and really add immersion, which is the side of the game I feel is missing most currently. Hatching plots and subterfuge to advance within the kingdom hierachy (with small chance to fail actions perhaps) that doesn't just involve spamming battles for renown.

feast where boring in the original game, i need real banners, and more now that the banners mod gives you childrens as warriors
Even things like feasts which i see people criticizing as being fun as an idea but poor in actual practise, it is another layer of immersion that would still be able to offer an extra option of tactical/strategic/roleplay which the game needs.

--edit-- Just realised its probably important to add this "court" should have it's own scene like the one @Terco_Viejo mocked up. NOT just a new set of menu options picked from the campaign map view. There is far too much Menulord gameplay already.

---
Edit: Do not forget "Banners" implementation...

I speculate about this big issue of missing banners and what the hell is this mystery feature the devs' seem to have avoided discussing that is stopping banners being implemented. Are banners going to be a new mini currency of sorts, collecting opposing forces banners or something mechanically difficult to implement?

Like this mod Bear my Banner already has added banners into the game without editing troop trees, so we know it's not some sort of human/horse skeleton issue. So there must be some new meta layer attached to whatever they're doing surely...

OR perhaps as I wildly punted earlier in this thread, integrating elephants into the game and them having some kind of interaction could be a reason. Someone here on the forum did show they are already spawnable ingame as mounts with thumbnails, images and functional code for attacks and movement. Hmm.

Callum is most likely just trolling but he did reply with an elephant gif, so let the rampant speculation begin I say. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom