Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

...but WW2 Yugoslavia resistance game please?

So...early-mid game of faffing about through minor skirmishes and sabotage missions, followed by an endgame that's more or less an escalating set of "Run the **** away!" missions?
I mean, it sounds interesting, but you'd have to do a whole lot of work to do it justice, no? Can't really think of a game that properly rewarded you for organising a successful fighting retreat.

So...early-mid game of faffing about through minor skirmishes and sabotage missions, followed by an endgame that's more or less an escalating set of "Run the **** away!" missions?
I mean, it sounds interesting, but you'd have to do a whole lot of work to do it justice, no? Can't really think of a game that properly rewarded you for organising a successful fighting retreat.
You are talking about the partisan "offensives" in Bosnia and whereabouts, which would largely be a military game.
But think of the city resistance groups and their potential instead - sabotage, assassinations, hide and seek with the police/Gestapo... the whole "Povratak otpisanih" menu.

Last edited:
Can't really think of a game that properly rewarded you for organising a successful fighting retreat.
Steel Division 2 has entire campaigns that are just that. While some of the larger campaigns are mostly just smashing your divisions into the enemy, some of the smaller ones with lots of partisans will involve dozens of battles where you're just trying to evacuate from overwhelming force without getting overrun.

Steel Division 2 has entire campaigns that are just that. While some of the larger campaigns are mostly just smashing your divisions into the enemy, some of the smaller ones with lots of partisans will involve dozens of battles where you're just trying to evacuate from overwhelming force without getting overrun.
From the oldies, Panzer General's late campaigns (probably copied over to Panzer Corps games) and Close Combat III: The Russian Front (where you, as a Soviet commander, begin with Barbarossa by both trying to hold the Germans and conserving your forces by falling back as late as possible, an interesting game mechanic).

Steel Division 1's German campaign also has a bunch of missions like that iirc, Sudden Strike 4 has many as well.

They are honestly more fun than just annihilating static dumb AI defenses.

You are talking about the partisan "offensives" in Bosnia and whereabouts, which would largely be a military game.
Frankly, I was thinking of both, with your part crudely bundled under the "Sabotage missions," bit. 'fcourse, shoddy implementation would inevitably lead to some geographic and chronological issues with that idea.
And, in hindsight, I'm not quite sure how you'd connect small-team operations and, say, at least company scale combat in any way, other than "Messily."

Steel Division 2
Steel Division 1

Okay, that one's on me. I didn't even know those two have a campaign.

Starbase is releasing in roughly 20 minutes from now, so just in time to make into the upcoming game thread.

Starbase-2.jpg

Basically Space Engineers but on crack. If this bad boy isn't a laggy mess, then I'll be sinking a lot of hours into it.

Unfortunately, now that it has been released, it is no longer an upcoming game. Please delete your post, which was not made in the spirit of the thread; a mere 20 minutes before release. I don't come to this thread to read about people's extremely brief, historic anticipation of a game that is already out. As an official (and highly paid) consultant to the moderation team, I should warn you that I am recommending to them that you are also banned for five weeks for your improper behaviour.

Unfortunately, now that it has been released, it is no longer an upcoming game. Please delete your post, which was not made in the spirit of the thread; a mere 20 minutes before release. I don't come to this thread to read about people's extremely brief, historic anticipation of a game that is already out. As an official (and highly paid) consultant to the moderation team, I should warn you that I am recommending to them that you are also banned for five weeks for your improper behaviour.
To ease your deepest pain we can always talk about expectations for the newest "TES" iteration. What is it now? 6?Hamerfell?

I wish it will bring the ultimate solution to dwarven mystery (preferably their return), above all else...

We cannot stress enough that Starbase launches into Early Access in a clear "alpha" state. This means many features are missing and there are plenty of bugs. We have a long way to go until we can consider the game having all the features (or even all the core gameplay features) complete,
Starbase is an ambitious game and we expect to stay in Early Access for definitely more than two years.
It's like an invitation to have steamy sex, but you'll probably get AIDS. Too many turn offs.
I remember reading early reviews (did they delete them all?) and the consensus was "meh", also known as "such potential".
To ease your deepest pain we can always talk about expectations for the newest "TES" iteration. What is it now? 6?Hamerfell?

I wish it will bring the ultimate solution to dwarven mystery (preferably their return), above all else...
If I was a game designer, I would leave the dwemer fate a mystery forever and only supply rare obscure hints (like the last dwemer in Morrowind). It's not trolling, it's making the player mind work out in creative ways and the community to theorycraft for all time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom