Main Quest Broken???

Users who are viewing this thread

Lapernius

Recruit
So, I just finished taking out the second hideout to get all 3 pieces of the banner together. I go see Istiana to talk to her about it. But as soon as I press on "I have something I'd like to discuss' in the chat options, the game freezes and crashes. It's happened 3 times now. But I see in other posts that others have gotten further in the quest than I have. So...

Any thoughts?

Thank you so much in advance to everyone reading and chiming it.

Wouldn't surprise me this rarely used option wasn't tested.

Did you verify your files in Steam before playing ?
Thank you for the response.

What do you mean by 'barely used option'? This is a basic chat function between characters, and I needed to use it a bunch in order to get this far in the quest. It's just that - all of a sudden, now that I have all 3 pieces of the banner - using this option crashes the game, as if it's trying to load up a chat option that doesn't exist.

I didn't know about 'verifying files' as I downloaded it from steam just a few days prior, but I'll try and look into that as well.

I appreciate your help.

I don't know what he's talking about saying it's a barely used option but I digress. Do u have any mods running? Even unrelated mods can cause issues. Maybe try to actually visit her in town and see if there's a difference. Good luck

I don't know what he's talking about saying it's a barely used option but I digress. Do u have any mods running? Even unrelated mods can cause issues. Maybe try to actually visit her in town and see if there's a difference. Good luck
Thank you! I'm not using any mods, but I went into town and found her in her house and it worked. I really appreciate your help. :smile:

Is the "something else to talk about" option complete yet? I always get the response "Never mind" and need to go back. waste of time.
No, I don't think so. Thanks to a helpful suggestion above I managed to bypass the problem by going into town and finding her that way, so it seems that the trigger is broken. When I trigger that piece of conversation from the at-the-castle chat menu, the game crashes. But when I loaded it up from the in-town menu it appropriately loaded up the next steps.

Back
Top Bottom