Obvious alternative to fix auto resolve

Users who are viewing this thread

Saltiney

Recruit
Hello, As many other have probably been annoyed about, when you engage an enemy that you far overpower such as looters, Auto resolve will often kill a unit of yours even a high value one that would nearly never die if u just let the battle play out. This is frustrating because this game has a heavy reliance on farming looters/weak bandits to level up your troops (a seperate problem I think needs some addressing)

There seems to be a fairly easy and obvious alternative solution to this already in the game, When you die in a battle you can then hit a fast forward button while your army charges, I would LOVE it if you just add in a option where I can load into the battle without my player character there (as if I had fallen in battle) and just hit the fast forward button, most battles only take less than a minute with this on and it would allow the player to not lose valuable troops against looters almost ever, this would also save the monotomy of manually fighting 100's of battles against looters every playthrough at normal speed to not lose your heavy cavalry to auto resolve.

I currently just try to knock myself out as fast as possible in battles against easy lords and the like so that I can do this to pseudo auto resolve without losing a large amount of expensive troops to auto resolve.

I'm interested in anyones opinions on this idea.

An additional fix would be to let the player choose which troops they send into auto resolve. Sending lower tiers into bandits to level them up is great and we won't miss a few going down, but there's no reason we should send our high tier troops too!

I heavily agree with your sentiment, that would be great as well! choosing which tiers of troops to go into the AR would be amazing addition.

Obvious(er) solution: Don't auto resolve.

I mean, seriously. Now that the looters break and run after a few kills, looter fights take, literally, 30 seconds longer than auto resolve, at most... unless you're chasing down fleeing looters to boost your personal weapon and riding skills.

Don't auto resolve isnt really a solution at all, your basically just saying suck it up. 30 seconds times 100's if not 1000's of looter fights over the course of multiple campaigns really adds up to a LOT of boring gameplay. Also this doesnt only apply to looters it also applies to all the fights against heavily outnumbered lords where they just go camp on a hill on the other side of the map and wait for you to come break their morale. AR will lose 15 troops in this battle, manual fight loses 0-2, Fast forward would be nice in these situations that happen constantly when trying to beat a nation down.

Auto Resolve should be a valid option. Weak opponents should NOT fight but withdraw / retreat. This is reality.

Auto-resolve is for those who are too weak of character to fight thier own battles.

The punishment for this weakness of character is the loss of units that might otherwise have lived, but for your moment of weakness.

A fully functioning auto resolve is imperative to the rest of the AI battles if you want a fully or at least mostly functioning strategy game. Or else it’s just player led battles in a world of rock/paper/scissors

An additional fix would be to let the player choose which troops they send into auto resolve. Sending lower tiers into bandits to level them up is great and we won't miss a few going down, but there's no reason we should send our high tier troops too!
this is the easiest and best solution. I hope that with the upcoming pre battle changes, this is also addressed. As I understand this update is tied with the implementation of banners.

Im a dumb dumb. I thought that happened on auto-resolve. I thought it'd really quickly play out the simulation (which could happen really fast because it didnt have to load anything). So its more on auto-calc?

Im a dumb dumb. I thought that happened on auto-resolve. I thought it'd really quickly play out the simulation (which could happen really fast because it didnt have to load anything). So its more on auto-calc?
It's basically a calculation that compares 2 randomly chosen units (one attacking one defending) until it goes through the whole armies. The only things that matter are tier and if its mounted or not. Additionally defending unit has random health value and that's why looter can kill cataphract in autocalc.

Obvious(er) solution: Don't auto resolve.

I mean, seriously. Now that the looters break and run after a few kills, looter fights take, literally, 30 seconds longer than auto resolve, at most... unless you're chasing down fleeing looters to boost your personal weapon and riding skills.
This actually becomes a strong reason to want to auto-resolve! They rout so fast that your low level troops barely get any exp and you have to keep chasing them on the map! If you're doing a quest for a village issue then this is really annoying as they don't count as defeated from routing! If you use auto resolve they don't route so you can clear the quests and get exp for troops in a less horrible annoying way. However if you have high tier troops and one dies it completely ****s the bed on this and you need to re-load the game, wasting even more time!

"Why have high tier troops with you? ?" Because players need force to deal with actual lord parties that may be showing up anywhere as they do mundane tasks like raise troops or solve issues. It would be really great to be able to just choose what troops to send against bandits and hold the high tiers back.

"Why do issues when you have big party? ?" Because when you have you own fiefs you need to clear the issues, this doesn't end and only increases as the game goes on! I do far far more of these types of quests in mid-late game then in early game. contrary to many people assumptions (shared over the last year, not in this thread)

Back
Top Bottom