Having issues with Helmet Rigging

Users who are viewing this thread

Antares93

Recruit
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I created an account because I've been trying to port some armors and hair from the mod Rome at War to the Sparta mod and also to A Clash of Kings. The helms appear in game, but they appear in front of the character and they are facing up, they would also face in in the shop icon. I fixed this by selecting all the meshes and then clicking on "Selected", then "Mount on one bone", then "Head". This made it so the helms would show up correctly in the shop icon, but when i put it on, it's not in my head, it's not visible at all, so I think it's just way up high. I tried to copy the rigging from the original mod and pasting it in mine but the issue is still present.

Now with the hairstyle, it is a hairstyle with a laurel leaf crown, everything appears were it should be, except the textures for the crown, it appears white and I have all the meshes, materials and textures where they should be.

I would appreciate insight and help on what might be causing these issues and how I go about fixing them.

Thank you.

Hello, I know this post is super old, but I tried to copy paste the rigging of some of your helms like the one with the lion skin and the Alexander one, by clicking on Edit, then Copy complete on your .brf, then on my imported one i click Edit and then paste rigging, but when I go in game, the helm is showing up in front of my character and facing up. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to add the itp_attach_armature flag to the item. Also, feel free to pop such small questions into the modding discord or the modding Q&A to avoid necromancy.

How could I add that flag? I currently have openBRF opened. Also sorry for reviving the threat, but I have been dealing with this for 3 days straight and I haven't been able to play at all, so I was at my wit's end, I apologize

Upvote 0
I didn't feel like writing it out, but I found what is great example of how here:
Add it like the other item flags:

["h_round_kettlehat_mail", "Kettle Hat with Mail Coif", [("h_round_kettlehat",0)], itp_merchandise| itp_type_head_armor| itp_attach_armature,0, 360 , weight(1.75)|abundance(100)|head_armor(36)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(0)|difficulty(7) ,imodbits_plate ,[(ti_on_init_item,[(cur_item_add_mesh, "@o_mail_coif_narf", 0, 0),])]],

You can add it with Morgh's editor if you're not using the modsys.

Upvote 0
I didn't feel like writing it out, but I found what is great example of how here:

Thank you, i was able to find the check box for "force attach armature", but now when I load up a saved game the game crashes and the error says "Invalid number of item 1617" but that number of item does not appear in Morgh, the final item number is 1615 and it says "itm_items_end (Items_End). Every time I find a supposed solution to the issues I have, something else happens lol

Upvote 0
Are you using Morgh's Editor or the Module System?

Morgh. I think I already have them working, I had an issue with Morgh when I deleted an item from the module by accident and it would crash my game after loading a saved game, so I re-installed it and I have selected the "force attach armature" flag. I will test them right now, but the issue with the hairstyle is still the same.

Upvote 0
Sounds like you changed the number of items since saving. You'll need to start a new game.
Make sure that you don't have any other meshes/materials/textures with the same name. Use the search error function at openbrf.

I fixed it, I accidentally had deleted an item from the module, so I just re-installed most of it's files and now it's working. The helmets are showing upside down in the shop preview but they are ok when I put them on my character and I don't mind that. The hair just suddenly started working by itself when I started playing like it decided it was time to stop giving me a hard time lol.

Thank you guys for your help and patience on teaching me how to do this stuff. Sheers! :xf-grin:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom