Need More Info Enemy troops get stuck in walls and houses

Users who are viewing this thread

iRkshz

Regular
Enemy troops get stuck in walls and houses and in the stairs (especially in wooden) - this happens when there are many troops in the defense of a towns and castle.
I have seen this bug often in the kingdoms of Battania, Aserai and Khuzait, sometimes in other kingdoms.
and you cannot end the siege :xf-mad:

The reason for this bug is that the walls and houses and in the stairs (especially in wooden) inside are "empty" - accordingly, when defenders have a lot of troops, they push each other and thus push units into these "emptys".

I think that developers will now have a lot of headaches, because in order to fix this, they will have to remove these "emptys" in all objects that are closed and have a "emptys" inside... my condolences devs

Last edited:
In some castles, there are rooms that were accessible in earlier version of the game, in later versions these rooms were blocked (probably to improve performance / path finding), however troops spawn in these rooms (happens reliably at least in one Khuzait castle).

If this ever happens to you again you can do this:
  1. Pause the game (Esc).
  2. Press Alt + ~ together to open the cheat menu.
  3. Type "config.cheat_mode 1" into the console without the quotation marks to turn on cheat mode (if it isn't already enabled).
  4. Close the console and unpause.
  5. Press Ctrl + F4 to kill one enemy unit, or Ctrl + Alt + F4 to kill the whole enemy party.
Then you can use "config.cheat_mode 0" in the console to turn cheat mode back off if you'd like.

Bonus Tip: If you press Ctrl + K together while cheat mode is enabled you'll enter the "ghost cam" mode that you can use to peek through walls and buildings. Press it again to snap back to your character.

Yeah pathfinding is notorious in this game. I think the problem is also in the dedicated spots that archers need to take up on the walls and barricades. In warband the troops took to the walls but that was it, in BL they have premade spots that they so vigourously try to reach such as gates or towers, and in the process make some terrible pathing or grouping decisions.

Do you remember the name of the towns/castles in this issue?
I do not remember the names of castles and towns
but it doesn't matter if there are empty spaces in castles and towns
watch the second video - this empty house is found in all towns and castles of Battania (all cultures have similar empty objects)

IMHO: if there are empty objects in castles and towns (which cannot be entered), you will not fix this bug global

Some battlefields with Mountains or Forest and a few Rocks, there is a tiny chance a troop will fall into some empty rock. This troop I believe fell of his horse and went through the rock.

UMNRa.png

Ry96O.png

I got lucky and hit him with Jereeds in the head and as you can see from the relative speed of my hits they are 0.1 m/s and 0.26 m/s something is going on here. I could not throw the Javelins in there nor could I hit him with my Axe but the Javelin used as a Spear hit him.

We need to know which maps these issues are happening specifically to fix them.
you need to fix all Battanian maps where there are "empty houses" in these places as I showed in the video IMHO
as I wrote, this bug happens "randomly" when there are a lot of enemies

There are lots of scenes to be checked thats why we asked for the name of the settlement so that we can check them. Checking all the scenes is a lot of time wasted not working on the fixes. If we know which maps these issues are happening we can fix them faster.

There are lots of scenes to be checked thats why we asked for the name of the settlement so that we can check them.
no need for barriers - just make this building a "solid" object, so that there is no emptiness inside
it happens on ALL Battania castles maps

Barrier issue was on another bug, my bad, was not related with this issue in particular. Deleted the message.
I figured out how simple to fix it so that the units do not get stuck in this house (and other empty places) - just remove the doors so units can freely enter and exit

Back
Top Bottom