1.5.10 Custom battle AI RIDICULOUS Stupid!!! please FIX this OMG

Users who are viewing this thread

Please execuse my rants, but I can't understand why AI is so stupid..... ??? why??!!!!
omg how come AI become more and more stupid in every release??

I have tested many many times for 1.5.10 custom battles with different kingdoms, on steppe field, with same army size 250 VS 250,

1. 250 Kuzait horse archers VS 125 Infantry 125 archers
I lead the Horse archers to the enemy flank, then charge, Horse Archers run into enemy line formation and got stuck and slaughtered, apparently they don't know how to make ring surrounding enemy and fire arrows??!!! well they used to do in 1.5.9 or early version, what have changed??

2. I set Aserai foot archers in front, loose formation, infantry form line formation in the back, but I noticed that only Aserai foot archers wont fire arrows at enemy until they get really really close, they just stand there while enemy approaching, doing nothing.......
what happen?? the AI in early release is way better! how come this AI so stupid in this release???

I think they nerfed the Horse archer AI in a previous patch. It's pretty awful now.

Not sure why your archers didn't fire. not had that happen to me

1. 250 Kuzait horse archers VS 125 Infantry 125 archers
I lead the Horse archers to the enemy flank, then charge, Horse Archers run into enemy line formation and got stuck and slaughtered, apparently they don't know how to make ring surrounding enemy and fire arrows??!!! well they used to do in 1.5.9 or early version, what have changed??

Give them "follow sergeant" order instead of "charge".

follow Sergeant?? is that an order option?? how come I never noticed??
Yes. You can order "charge" "advance" or "follow sergeants". Unfortunately devs have newer explained what's the difference but "follow the sergeants" should use full AI (including formation/tactical AI). That doesn't mean it's always the best option but from my experience it works well with horse archers and horse skirmishers, better then charge which again in my experience sometimes sends them in to melee.

Yes. You can order "charge" "advance" or "follow sergeants". Unfortunately devs have newer explained what's the difference but "follow the sergeants" should use full AI (including formation/tactical AI). That doesn't mean it's always the best option but from my experience it works well with horse archers and horse skirmishers, better then charge which again in my experience sometimes sends them in to melee.
interesting, thanks for explaining, I never noticed that

so I guess there will be a "sergeant" guy?? or someone holding the flag banner?? they are the sergeant? and all rest of soilders will following that guy to charge? but then what if seargeant die? then another soilders supposed to pick up the banner and conninue to fight

well yea I guess that's too complicated to design like that for Devs

so I guess there will be a "sergeant" guy?? or someone holding the flag banner?? they are the sergeant? and all rest of soilders will following that guy to charge? but then what if seargeant die? then another soilders supposed to pick up the banner and conninue to fight

No, it's just abstract name of the command, there is no actual sergeant.

I wish they just nerfed accuracy/damage of horse archers instead of making them go melee for no reason... It's quite a lame nerf
Yeap. Horse archery was obviously OP but this is true of archery in the game in general. If they were to nerf archery damage or buff Armour then this would have helped balance things. They did reduce the accuracy of mounted archery which was a welcome change but this combined with the dumbing down of the AI makes horse archery a bit of a joke now.

They really should not be dumbing down the AI

Yeap. Horse archery was obviously OP but this is true of archery in the game in general. If they were to nerf archery damage or buff Armour then this would have helped balance things. They did reduce the accuracy of mounted archery which was a welcome change but this combined with the dumbing down of the AI makes horse archery a bit of a joke now.

They really should not be dumbing down the AI
horse Archers only fire arrow when it get really close to enemy, how come horse archers have such short range?? foot archers have a better long range

I wouldn't even have horse archers in my party anymore,

I wish they just nerfed accuracy/damage of horse archers instead of making them go melee for no reason... It's quite a lame nerf
Horse archer accuracy is in a good spot (as in, it's way worse than foot archers as it stands).

Armor does need to be better at protecting from all arrows and bolts though, I agree.

Back
Top Bottom