Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

rfm

Recruit
Summary: Every army I've seen in 1.6.0 so far seemed to be obsessed with recruiting. They are wasting their time and ruining their cohesion on running between friendly settlements and recruiting more and more troops. I don't know how their code works but I'm guessing they're tying to meet some criteria before making their next move. The attached video is pretty self explanatory. They were trying to amass over 1000 troops before even thinking of besieging Amprela which only had 422 defenders. I've traced enemy armies doing exactly the same thing as well; recruiting troops over and over and rarely making any real advancements before disbanding.
How to Reproduce: -
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related): -
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 2070 Super
GPU Driver Version: 466.74
CPU: i5-8500
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: B360 Aorus Gaming 3
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

I dont have a save, but I have also noticed this issue.

But as a sidecomment to the OP 1000 attackers vs 422 defenders isnt all that much though.
Given that besides the defenders inside the city, there is also a very high chance that other forces of them will come to the aid of the besieged city.

I just uploaded the save. Enter Chaghan's army and observe - it's freshly formed. Each time I reloaded the game he went on the same recruiting spree, with varying routes.

I just want to point out that some armies actually started reacting properly as some time has passed since my first report. However the issue is still present as you can see in the save.

Yes this happens a lot, from what I've heard from mexxico, this is because of food shortage or there are troops available nearby and this happens for many days. They care more about stopping at towns and villages then going to raid. It happens every game and with my 750 videos on Youtube I am sure I can find hundreds of examples

I agree with what Zorion said. 1k AI troops would be a little over a 50% chance of taking that. A better option would be for them to pick a different target. I also would like to see parties on their way to join an army recruit more troops and stock up on food. Tiring having weak units join you and running out of food.

I have made suggestions for the Ai to consume food less since they never take enough food to last awhile and have to abandon sieges for running out of food and can't understand why it takes so long for devs to realize there are problems, call an army together and spend 3-5 days visting towns and villages, then head to town to siege and when camp is build keep building siege engines knowing they are low on food and will run out instead of just attacking, I have posted videos on my channel of this and things dont change

I agree with what Zorion said. 1k AI troops would be a little over a 50% chance of taking that. A better option would be for them to pick a different target. I also would like to see parties on their way to join an army recruit more troops and stock up on food. Tiring having weak units join you and running out of food.
Alrigth, that might've been a bad example but the point still stands. I'd like to see them make ANY decision other than "go there, buy food, recruit troops, repeat x5".

Back
Top Bottom