SP - Battles & Sieges archers auto transfer into infantry when they run out of arrows

Users who are viewing this thread

RodLimitless

Recruit
is there this option?

if not, there should be an option in-game so that archers automatically transfer to infantry formation whenever they run out of arrows and there aren't any nearby for them to pick up from the ground.

Same for horse archers respectively.

thoughts?

I personally like to shield-wall in front and let archers shoot, but when they run out of arrows, it's annoying when they just sit there in formation idle.

is there this option?

if not, there should be an option in-game so that archers automatically transfer to infantry formation whenever they run out of arrows and there aren't any nearby for them to pick up from the ground.

Same for horse archers respectively.

thoughts?

I personally like to shield-wall in front and let archers shoot, but when they run out of arrows, it's annoying when they just sit there in formation idle.
Agree, some of them wield this fancy additional weapon, and despite their initial formation and their potential can be better used elsewhere depends on the course of battle. Hope it's not too complex and the other 'too'. +1

I use to play the Floris mod and there was a check off box in the options menu to reassign arrow-less archers and dismounted cavalry to infantry. I can't see why it would be that hard for TW to do.

Interesting suggestion. Then arrowless horse archers should be auto assigned to cavalry. And maybe make this a selectable feature.

I use to play the Floris mod and there was a check off box in the options menu to reassign arrow-less archers and dismounted cavalry to infantry. I can't see why it would be that hard for TW to do.
Agree they need to add this feature, it helped a lot in battles, such as when cavalry loses their horses they'll join the infantry line.

Why would you want to add your archers to the meat grinder? They're the most valuable assets in your forces. I'd rather retreat from the field than throw them away like that. Cripes that's careless.

Even if I do find myself with archers spent and having to use them in melee, I'd rather keep them in their own command so that I can only deploy them in ways they're likely to survive, like not standing in a shield wall facing a wildling javelin or sergeant's mace.

There should be a choice, if u want them to retreat and maybe resupply so they re-join the battle in a certain time frame or if they should just automatically be placed under infantry.

Obviously they aren't as good melee fighters so some players won't want them to potentially die for little reward.

Now, this is what "should" be in the game. TW won't do it, I'll save u the trouble of suggesting it to them.

If you hit charge them all, the guys out of ammo will go melee no? While the others will keep firing...
I think the main point of the OP was to have an option to merge archers with remaining infantry <Group 1> to e.g. create some sort of patchwork shield wall.

Edit: And The same with horse archers that run out of arrows changing from <4> to <3>.

The more i think about it i see as potential commanding improvement (e. G. Large battles) but I'm not sure how effective such shield wall or cavalry charge would be.

I would rather have the option of splitting off arrowless archers into a separate unit instead of adding them to the infantry line. That way I could get those that can't shoot anymore out of the way of those that can, without putting them in harms way together with the grunts.

Same with horse archers. I don't want them to join a melee if I can help it, but there's not need for them to ride together with those that still have ammo. They only make the formation bulky. Being able to pull them back would be very advantageous.

I would rather have the option of splitting off arrowless archers into a separate unit instead of adding them to the infantry line. That way I could get those that can't shoot anymore out of the way of those that can, without putting them in harms way together with the grunts.

Same with horse archers. I don't want them to join a melee if I can help it, but there's not need for them to ride together with those that still have ammo. They only make the formation bulky. Being able to pull them back would be very advantageous.
yeah this

I think the main point of the OP was to have an option to merge archers with remaining infantry <Group 1> to e.g. create some sort of patchwork shield wall.

Edit: And The same with horse archers that run out of arrows changing from <4> to <3>.

The more i think about it i see as potential commanding improvement (e. G. Large battles) but I'm not sure how effective such shield wall or cavalry charge would be.
and thisu
There should be a choice, if u want them to retreat and maybe resupply so they re-join the battle in a certain time frame or if they should just automatically be placed under infantry.

Obviously they aren't as good melee fighters so some players won't want them to potentially die for little reward.

Now, this is what "should" be in the game. TW won't do it, I'll save u the trouble of suggesting it to them.
right :/

If an archer runs out of arrows he could borrow some from another archer as it would happen in any real battle instead of running to the enemy screaming with the sword. This would apply to the player as well, having the option to get close to an archer and get some more ammo.

Back
Top Bottom